4/10 Post Game Thread

Admin

I love how everyone is pinning this on the bullpen. We scored 1 run in 8 innings. 7 of those pitched by Ross. The Nats 5th starter. You can't expect the pen to hold a lineup like the Nationals to 0 runs. Which at the point they blew the game open we would have had to have been shutting them out to have a lead. This isn't on the pen. It's on the lineup. Too many swings that look like golf swings. 

I don't see any improvement in the hitting from last year. still chasing horrible pitches. Not drawing enough walks. Not hitting with RISP. Too many Ks. 

the marlins have already scored like 15 more runs in their first 4 games than last year. The offense has been fine. The pen is the problem and it is a huge huge problem

The real possibility is we may not be very good overall. Because a lineup that wasn't very good last year isn't really showing signs of improvement. The SP so far has a bad outing by 13/ a good game by Koehler/ an injury game for Chen and rain out for Conley. BP sucks as expected. 

offense is averaging like 5 runs a game. 

Offense should be the least of anyone's concerns. They will realize Ozuna hitting 2nd is and was always really stupid. That will be corrected and this offense will be fine.

BP is the biggest concern followed by SP. The BP is terrible. Even career years from everyone would make them mediocre. The FO needs to do something about it. 

Not a playoff caliber offense by any stretch.

Also, hitting Ozuna 2nd is one of the dumbest things I've seen a Marlins manager do.

The offense could absolutely be stretched to playoff caliber.

I don't think it is and never mentioned it is. BP is the real issue here.

I don't see the offense being playoff caliber unless they make a trade and they don't have any pieces.

Sure, the pen is the biggest weakness, but we can still say the lineup isn't good too.

Guest Vince0926
I don't see the offense being playoff caliber unless they make a trade and they don't have any pieces.

Sure, the pen is the biggest weakness, but we can still say the lineup isn't good too.

but they have money that they are not spending and that's the sad thing. loria needs to buy some damn good relievers. I just don't get it.