2016 Trade Deadline Thread

Exactly. Short sighted front office 

I don't think it's necessarily that.  Most of us on here didn't want him either compared to the others that were available at the time.  He's quietly having a very nice season especially considering the park he plays in. 

This wasn't intended to be a front office bashing post, just more of a "what could have been". I'm pretty sure if we had been presented immediately with either Fister or Chen last offseason with the winner of a popular vote to join the Fish, Chen would have won pretty easily.

.....but....hindsight and all that

I was a big fan of the idea of signing Fister, not instead of Chen who I didn't think would be this bad. I wanted to sign both.

your only job last offseason was to find and delete all the Loria nudes that Koehler had so we could keep him from a rotation spot to open a spot up for Fister.  I blame you. 

your only job last offseason was to find and delete all the Loria nudes that Koehler had so we could keep him from a rotation spot to open a spot up for Fister.  I blame you. 

I would never throw my boy TK under the bus. My favorite Marlin. Love ya Tom.

and holy hell, I went and looked at the FA for this offseason and it really is AWFUL, maybe the worst I've ever seen.  there are going to be some horrible contracts handed out just based on supply and demand since there is such a dearth of talent in the market this offseason.  Fish are going to need to be awfully creative with a trade or willingly give out a bad contract to a mediocre pitcher (would still be an upgrade sadly lol).  I'm in favor of the latter simply because it's nice to not trade from our current roster. 

i wasn't sure which way to go on your post. Sarcasm doesn't always translate on message boards ha ha!  I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt good sir!

Never give that man the benefit of the doubt again, he thinks Paddack can pitch in MLB right now.

and holy hell, I went and looked at the FA for this offseason and it really is AWFUL, maybe the worst I've ever seen.  there are going to be some horrible contracts handed out just based on supply and demand since there is such a dearth of talent in the market this offseason.  Fish are going to need to be awfully creative with a trade or willingly give out a bad contract to a mediocre pitcher (would still be an upgrade sadly lol).  I'm in favor of the latter simply because it's nice to not trade from our current roster. 

Trade ozuna for a real #2 in the off season and sign a big name OF FA to replace him is probably the best course of action 

Trade ozuna for a real #2 in the off season and sign a big name OF FA to replace him is probably the best course of action 

although I don't disagree with your logic - go check out the FA market for the upcoming season.  tell me who you'd want in CF from that list.