A-Rod to the marlins?!

I think it would be interesting to see what we do here especially if Bour comes back, where would we place AROD. I think it would be smarter to try and buy low on Yasiel Puig.

I'd think 1b is the only possible spot.  Not sure if he can play 3b anymore and regardless we'd lose a lot moving Prado away from there.  At this point defense is probably the team's only real strength.

I guess it's a different kind of waivers then. I'm thinking of the waivers where if a player is claimed the claiming team is allowed to work out a trade but if no trade is agreed upon then the original team is forced to keep the player, and the player isn't allowed to be put on waivers again.

Those are revocable waivers

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

no. How it would work after the waivers end they release him and he becomes an unrestricted free agent. they are responsible for the contract that is already in place. For him to be a marlin he would be offered a league minimum salary.

This

If A-Rod were to sign with the fish, is his current contract voided (as in will the Yankees not have to pay the rest of his deal)?

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

What 97marlin said but just an fyi, if the Marlins, or any team, claimed A-Rod during the waiver period then in that scenario I believe they would be responsible for the rest of the contract. Of course that's not gonna happen but just adding more clarity to what was already said.