A-Rod to the marlins?!

yeah but he's younger could bounce back, Aroid is done

Eh, Gomez has been pretty brutal the last two years and has really only had two-and-a-half good seasons. I don't trust him to bounce back.

Not saying that A-Rod would be any better, but it's essentially pick your poison.

I'll take arod any day... Look at the trend. Bonds does roids and now he's a hitting coaching and the team is one of the best hitting teams in baseball in avg. Dee Gordon got busted and comes back and is getting hits left and right even though there not leaving the infield. Imagine what arod can do for us. I'm just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

I'll take arod any day... Look at the trend. Bonds does roids and now he's a hitting coaching and the team is one of the best hitting teams in baseball in avg. Dee Gordon got busted and comes back and is getting hits left and right even though there not leaving the infield. Imagine what arod can do for us. I'm just saying...

He could be a special advisor?

He can't be worse than Johnson and we do have Perry Hill here to hopefully make him decent defensively at 1st base.. Right now 1st base is a black hole without Bour in the line up. Ozuna and Stanton aren't clicking at the same time to solidify the middle of the order. If Dietrich can get it going again it would help.

The bright side is that Gordon, Prado, Yelich are getting on base.

Per Clark Spencer "Mattingly states Bour may not be ready until September due to setbacks with high ankle sprain."

Bonds turning into a hitting coach has nothing to do with A-Rod's decline in production at 41. You can talk all you want about how he is going to bust his butt, but 41 is 41.

I mean, with Bour out now, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot, but I'm not expecting him to do any better than he did in New York.

Bonds turning into a hitting coach has nothing to do with A-Rod's decline in production at 41. You can talk all you want about how he is going to bust his butt, but 41 is 41.

I mean, with Bour out now, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot, but I'm not expecting him to do any better than he did in New York.

ichiro-suzuki-041616-getty-ftrjpg_zwksp3bd044g1v1704fnm8gbd.jpg?t=547359700

He'll come. Loria knows how to swoon players when he really wants them. Ichiro is a prime example, Jose Reyes made a big deal about how Loria courted him too. The only hold up would be A Rod not wanting it but four homers away from 700 I can't see him not wanting to give it a shot. Mattingly managing and us contending is also a huge bonus for him. In a lot of ways it's a perfect fit all around even if you don't think he's very good anymore. There seems to be more in play here than just Alex's ability to still play, as weird as that sounds. It's a win win situation I think.

Has to clear waivers.  Eligible starting Tuesday 

How does he have to clear waivers, isn't it an unconditional outright release? The way I see it, starting today he's no longer Yankee property, he's a free agent, as if he had never played a big league game before. I'm pretty sure there's no waiver situation here. He goes wherever he wants.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

I would like to see it happen. I've never been a fan of the guy, but with Bour not improving, I would rather see Arod vs Johnson. I would also LOVE to see some asses in the seats to CHEER for these kids!  They are doing a great job this year and deserve better attendance.  Arod will bring attendance for a number of reasons. 

I was there last night and there was no excuse for the attendance last night. The team holds a wild card spot, it was a Friday evening, late in the season, there was an increase in attendance last homestand etc etc and all of a sudden attendance drops back down this week? Ridiculous. I can't see a single excuse for this one.

How does he have to clear waivers, isn't it an unconditional outright release? The way I see it, starting today he's no longer Yankee property, he's a free agent, as if he had never played a big league game before. I'm pretty sure there's no waiver situation here. He goes wherever he wants.

There is a waiver period, I didn't think so either but I confirmed that. Technically any team has 48 hours to claim him.

Olivera was recently unconditionally released as well and also was subject to the waiver period - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/08/10/olivera-placed-on-unconditional-release-waivers-by-padres/88540624/