Jeter Fires Conine McKeon Dawson & Perez

JTRiddlesMom

I get it that the new owner wants to start fresh but this is a bad first step. Firing the team president and then making him go fire the only 4 "legends" that work for the team. Mind you these 4 men don't even really do anything! They were "special assistants." McKeon himself has admitted they don't even have real duties they're just paid to hang around and assist and give advice and be mentors and leaders to the team and to the front office as well. What harm would their have been in keeping these guys? It would have been nice to show some respect for them.

Mind you the kicker is Jeter wants to KEEP MIKE HILL... possibly permanently not just in transition.

So fire the 4 guys who actually do nothing and keep the one guy who is probably the most responsible for this shit storm of an organization??????? 

I'd like to point out that it's not like I think these four guys will be missed. I'm admitting they didn't do much. But that's not the point here. This was a cowardly and classless move. A very Loria move I wanna say but at the same time if Loria is anything good he's loyal to his people and this isn't that.

Also, as much as we don't love Samson around here what a slap in the face to have him do this after confirming to him that he also won't be back next year. Jeez.

He’s gonna put tino, Bernie and who knows who else in those advisor roles.

I don't want this team to become the cheap version of the Yankees anymore than it already was. Conine McKeon Dawson and Perez didn't have to go. If anything I'd have guessed they were the 4 who were most likely to be kept since they're more symbolic than anything. This is also not gonna sit well with the players. Dumb move.