Stanton named MVP

SonOfJack

To anyone who actually thinks Votto should have won MVP, to me the biggest difference between Votto and Stanton besides the numbers is that Stanton actually took his team from being way below 500 to being borderline contenders. The Reds stunk all season. They were 19-19 in mid May and never again had a winning record and upon hitting last place in mid June they didn't even touch 4th place for the rest of the season. As great a season as Votto had you'd think someone who was the MVP at some point would lead his team to more wins and out of the gutter. But alas the Reds fell to the bottom and stayed there. The Marlins were not great but once Stanton really heated up the team got to 66-63 in late August and within 1.5 games of a Wild Card spot. Sometimes taking a mediocre team to some wins is more impressive than leading a great team to wins. The Marlins fading away after that is irrelevant to the fact that Stanton was able to lead his team to more wins and to contendership. Votto had a great season but it did nothing to help his team out so how "valuable" is that? 

It appears to me this voting was not the norm.  Isn't it true that most likely someone from the World Series team OR in the playoffs has the MVP?  I don't believe the first five vote getters fit into this category. 

Usually goes to a playoff team, not always. Dawson and A-Rod won on it on last place teams.

It appears to me this voting was not the norm.  Isn't it true that most likely someone from the World Series team OR in the playoffs has the MVP?  I don't believe the first five vote getters fit into this category. 

Voters are finally leaning more towards the best player overall and not just the best players on playoff teams.