5 Marlins in BPs top 100 Prospects list

poptart

I'm sure someone will come along and either say rankings are meaningless or BP is bad at this, but I still find this nice to see. You can't bitch and moan that they didn't acquire any top 100 guys and then just dismiss this list.

Agreed.

If we can get Realmuto out the door as well for some top prospects (even if it is to the Nationals), that'd be really nice, too.

And also, Bour to Boston would be nice, kthx.

Agreed.

If we can get Realmuto out the door as well for some top prospects (even if it is to the Nationals), that'd be really nice, too.

And also, Bour to Boston would be nice, kthx.

The Nationals have 2, 22, 71, 76, and 87.

71 is Kieboom, 76 Fedde. That's my understanding of what the Nationals are currently offering, plus one of their secondary catcher prospects (Read/Severino) and the standard "C+ all fastball no control" 19 year old arm outside a team's top 15 prospect.

That kind of makes sense. Of course this is noting other services view Soto (22), Kieboom, and Fedde not this high up so maybe Soto + one of the three of them makes more sense.

Who knows. Nice to see Sierra getting some love.

The Nationals have 2, 22, 71, 76, and 87.

71 is Kieboom, 76 Fedde. That's my understanding of what the Nationals are currently offering, plus one of their secondary catcher prospects (Read/Severino) and the standard "C+ all fastball no control" 19 year old arm outside a team's top 15 prospect.

That kind of makes sense. Of course this is noting other services view Soto (22), Kieboom, and Fedde not this high up so maybe Soto + one of the three of them makes more sense.

Who knows. Nice to see Sierra getting some love.

What do you think of Bour to Boston, though? Don't they need a first baseman, thus why they were originally mentioned as going for Hosmer? Bour would save them a lot of money for possibly better production.

What do you think of Bour to Boston, though? Don't they need a first baseman, thus why they were originally mentioned as going for Hosmer? Bour would save them a lot of money for possibly better production.

I think Castro makes more sense as Pedroia is hurt, but if they want a cheap bat sure, Bour works. Neither would cost much, but their farm is pretty bad.

I like the idea of taking a chance on Runsey Castillo who was solid in AAA last year. Seems like a good rehab candidate, but he does make 3/$38 or something. I don't know how you structure that type of deal, but send them back Tazawa ($7), one of Bour/Castro to offset the money somewhat, and have them make up the value with prospects. Buy their bad contract and get good minor league pitchers and hope Castillo turns into anything.

We Should have the Fangraphs top 100 prospects to cross reference against the BP top 100

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-top-100-prospects/

We have 6 in the fangraphs version. 

Personally I don't like any one top 100 on there own. Cross reference them all and that will give you a better consensus top 100. 

If you do that, long story short we have between 2 and 8 top 100 prospects. Not too bad. There is a lot of debate between our prospects. There is a lot of high ceiling guys, but there are a lot of potential busts as well. We are a high variance franchise now. Lets get ready. We will either be really good in 3 years or we will be really bad for the next 8 years.

I'm excited.

Surprised to see Sierra rated so much higher than Guzman.

5 guys on BP’s list is nice.  Now go get 1 or 2 more for JT. 

People have such wide ranging opinions on Guzman based off his lack of experience. There will be much more of a consensus of him in a few months.  I think you have some people loving his stuff regardless of his lack of experience while others are hesitant to rate him higher until there is more of a sample.  I think he will really rise in these rankings this upcoming year.

I think Castro makes more sense as Pedroia is hurt, but if they want a cheap bat sure, Bour works. Neither would cost much, but their farm is pretty bad.

I like the idea of taking a chance on Runsey Castillo who was solid in AAA last year. Seems like a good rehab candidate, but he does make 3/$38 or something. I don't know how you structure that type of deal, but send them back Tazawa ($7), one of Bour/Castro to offset the money somewhat, and have them make up the value with prospects. Buy their bad contract and get good minor league pitchers and hope Castillo turns into anything.

I really would love a Castillo deal for various reasons.  Would be a nice buy low opportunity and would allow more development time for the prospects in the OF.

People have such wide ranging opinions on Guzman based off his lack of experience. There will be much more of a consensus of him in a few months.  I think you have some people loving his stuff regardless of his lack of experience while others are hesitant to rate him higher until there is more of a sample.  I think he will really rise in these rankings this upcoming year.

Guzman could really rise or really fall.  Obviously all Marlins fans want him to rise but we’ll have to wait and see.  

The guys they traded to get these were developed by the Marlins however. Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna.

In the majors we have Realmuto who was developed by the Marlins and will net more prospects. Not to mention Hill's move to scoop up Bour in the minor league rule 5.

He's not a good GM but lets not act like he's had no positives at all.

Also some guy named Jose Fernandez.  Jose Urena has also turned out to be a nice little IFA signing. The core was actually very good but unfortunately Jose died.  

The guys they traded to get these were developed by the Marlins however. Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna.

In the majors we have Realmuto who was developed by the Marlins and will net more prospects. Not to mention Hill's move to scoop up Bour in the minor league rule 5.

He's not a good GM but lets not act like he's had no positives at all.

Let's also not forget for every one of those guys there's a Chad James, Matt Dominguez and Kyle Skipworth and absolutely nothing coming from international signings, but yeah he did connect on few picks