Prado thankful, would never request a trade

SilverBullet

Guest CHRISTYTOD
Brad Ziegler with similar sentiments...

[ATTACH]1762[/ATTACH]

Best quote I have read in a very long time! I will be rooting very hard for Prado and Ziegler to succeed this year! CLASS acts.

Must be a generational thing.

It's not enough that Realmuto, Yelich and Stanton lived out their dreams of playing in the majors. They have to live out their dreams of winning a World Series too, damnit.

And if any of them also dreamt of hitting a walk off grand slam to win the World Series, then by God MLB needs to redo the last AB of the World Series until it happens. Everyone has a right to live out their dreams. Haven't you seen the Disney movies?

Must be a generational thing.

It's not enough that Realmuto, Yelich and Stanton lived out their dreams of playing in the majors. They have to live out their dreams of winning a World Series too, damnit.

And if any of them also dreamt of hitting a walk off grand slam to win the World Series, then by God MLB needs to redo the last AB of the World Series until it happens. Everyone has a right to live out their dreams. Haven't you seen the Disney movies?

Prado and Ziegler are also in the last few years of their careers, not in the middle of their prime on a team that has no interest in contending for the next 2 years at the very least.   There is a significant difference between the 2, especialyl for those 2 players in particular who have played on numerous contending teams.

Prado and Ziegler are also in the last few years of their careers, not in the middle of their prime on a team that has no interest in contending for the next 2 years at the very least.   There is a significant difference between the 2, especialyl for those 2 players in particular who have played on numerous contending teams.

So the earlier you are in your career the more acceptable it is to act like an entitled punk? 

So because those three are in the middle of their prime, we should be more accommodating to them because, again, they deserve to be on a competitive team. Never mind the multi-million dollar contracts they all received - that, by the way, cannot be rescinded if the player isn't competitive during the team's prime...

I really think this is true. It's also quite disturbing because I'm not that old and I already feel like the youth of today is so full of it. It's alarming to think how things will be 20 years from now. 

It's a consequence of this country not actually having any real problems for the last 30 or so years.

If anything, you would think the older players who have never won would want out the most to try and get a ring.

So because those three are in the middle of their prime, we should be more accommodating to them because, again, they deserve to be on a competitive team. Never mind the multi-million dollar contracts they all received - that, by the way, cannot be rescinded if the player isn't competitive during the team's prime...

i didnt say anything about being accomodating to them.   Keep them if you want.  I dont give a shit either way.  But i have no problem with them expressing displeasure with the fact that they are going to spend some of the best years of their major league career playing for a team that isnt trying to win in the next 2 years at the very least.

So the earlier you are in your career the more acceptable it is to act like an entitled punk? 

its not being an entitled prick.  its not trying to be wasting the prime years of a career youve worked 15+ years towards on a team that isnt actually trying to win.  Team is doing the right thing, but doesnt mean the players should want to be a part of a long rebuilding strategy that will have them playing meaningless baseball on a team not trying for a few years.

If anything, you would think the older players who have never won would want out the most to try and get a ring.

theres a difference between never winning a world series and being on teams that have been to the playoffs and have been in contention year in and year out and playing meaningful baseball.  JT, Yelich, Stanton, and Ozuna have never played a single game of meaningful baseball.  Dont blame them one bit for wanting out after having done so and now knowing your team is not trying to win for the foreseeable future.

its not being an entitled prick.  its not trying to be wasting the prime years of a career youve worked 15+ years towards on a team that isnt actually trying to win.  Team is doing the right thing, but doesnt mean the players should want to be a part of a long rebuilding strategy that will have them playing meaningless baseball on a team not trying for a few years.

If I would’ve been in Yelich’s situation, I think I would’ve embraced being the face of a franchise.

There’s no guarantee he wins a ring in Milwaukee. Not even a likely scenario really.

If I would’ve been in Yelich’s situation, I think I would’ve embraced being the face of a franchise.

There’s no guarantee he wins a ring in Milwaukee. Not even a likely scenario really.

Seems like he valued losing his best "friends" on the team more than playing the game he gets paid millions for. He would have gotten over it in time. Hopefully JT does too.