4/2 Post Game

canada-marlin24

Richards was strong the first time through the order, but struggled a bit the second time and got absolutely pooped all over the third time. He showed that he has the stuff to get guys out though, just has to mix things up a bit more if he wants to remain as a starter and not a bullpen jawn. 

Richards was strong the first time through the order, but struggled a bit the second time and got absolutely pooped all over the third time. He showed that he has the stuff to get guys out though, just has to mix things up a bit more if he wants to remain as a starter and not a bullpen jawn. 

lol i mean he's an indy leaguer... the slider looked okay...I didn't see much else there (our announcers were pretending his change up was good)

lol i mean he's an indy leaguer... the slider looked okay...I didn't see much else there (our announcers were pretending his change up was good)

I thought it looked pretty good. He had hitters off balanced with it especially first time through. 

He just can’t afford to make many mistakes with his lack of velocity. Fell behind in counts a lot too.

His chang up was good. That is the reason he was able to get outs at all. His slider is junk, see that Hanley bomb. I think double A to work on a third pitch. He would be fine as a reliever now, but give him a year in the minors see if he can find the grip for a third pitch.

Yeah Richards definitely looked good through the first 3 innings by the 4th inning the Red Sox were starting to square up big. The ball that went off the 3rd base bag and then the next one Andersen's glove were tough since each time the runners scored from 1st base.

I thought it looked pretty good. He had hitters off balanced with it especially first time through. 

He just can’t afford to make many mistakes with his lack of velocity. Fell behind in counts a lot too.

first time through they'd never seen him before. he has good command maybe a 50 grade change and then like 30 grade FB and curve. He sucks

first time through they'd never seen him before. he has good command maybe a 50 grade change and then like 30 grade FB and curve. He sucks

Can we maybe give him more than one start before saying he sucks?  Lol

His changeup is really good and he was able to use it as his K pitch in the minors. He also showed very good command in the minors.  Let's see if he can adjust to MLB.

This is a bullshit answer to what I said. A guy like Roy Halladay started poorly but he came with a much better pedigree.

I'm not comparing Richards to Halladay but you said sometimes you don't need to see more and I disagree... sometimes you do need to see more than one start and it has nothing to do with pedigree.  

Plenty of successful major leaguers had a bad first start.