Minervini on the call?

THRILLHO

Right after the piece on the Leiter no hitter during the top of the fifth Severino and Holly had a little banter and thanked Minervini for the piece.  One of them (not sure who because they sound alike) casually said “Craig by the way on the call for the Phillies series”. 

Interesting if true. 

The Rays did this with Todd Kalas during the last few years on their broadcast team.  Eventually he put together enough material to land the full time job with the Astros.   Also his Dad is a legend which helps.   I wonder if Craig has it in mind to work toward a similar goal 

The Rays did this with Todd Kalas during the last few years on their broadcast team.  Eventually he put together enough material to land the full time job with the Astros.   Also his Dad is a legend which helps.   I wonder if Craig has it in mind to work toward a similar goal 

The problem with Minervini is that he’s not very good at play-by-play.

Never heard her before, was that her first time? 

She's been there a few times this season. For a few years she's been the in-game between innings at the ballpark like up on the big screen giving away prizes and pumping up the crowd. This year she got upgraded to actually being on TV. Good for her.

She's been there a few times this season. For a few years she's been the in-game between innings at the ballpark like up on the big screen giving away prizes and pumping up the crowd. This year she got upgraded to actually being on TV. Good for her.

Ahh yes I am familiar with her doing in the ballpark stuff. Didn't know it was her. Just heard her voice during the game.

I think she’s horrible and Jessica seems to be getting cuter every year. No thanks. 

Agreed on the getting better looking year-by-year.  Not that I ever thought Allison was very appealing but I remember Jessica's first game and she was an absolute train wreck in terms of wardrobe.  She was wearing something that had those giant 80's style shoulder pads that women used to wear if my memory is correct.  She's gotten way better over the years and is pretty damn foxy now.

Either that or I'm just older so my standards aren't as stringent?

Guest CHRISTYTOD
The girl subbing for Jessica should take over full time. I can't stand Jessica one bit. Sorry not sorry.

Darn - I missed this "sub" you mentioned....but I agree with your take on Jessica.  Simply awful. I could actually tolerate having no one at ALL talking about stadium food and other immaterial nonsense.....I don't ever see hokey stuff like that on the "real team" telecasts (like the Yankees). Hopefully we will get there.....we will reach that 'real team' level at some point. Jeter will see to it.

Darn - I missed this "sub" you mentioned....but I agree with your take on Jessica.  Simply awful. I could actually tolerate having no one at ALL talking about stadium food and other immaterial nonsense.....I don't ever see hokey stuff like that on the "real team" telecasts (like the Yankees). Hopefully we will get there.....we will reach that 'real team' level at some point. Jeter will see to it.

This is not a real team thing. This is something all of the Fox Sports regional channels do. 

Guest CHRISTYTOD
This is not a real team thing. This is something all of the Fox Sports regional channels do. 

My bad....I guess I tune into YES Network and use that as my gauge. I like the professional nature of how the Yankees do business in every way. I want that for the Marlins.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

No.....I was just kidding. I love watching Jessica stuffing her face in the broadcast, talking about various cheese steak sandwiches and ice cream!   Not!  ? 

To be fair the segments Jessica does aren't chosen by her, to the best of my knowledge, so I don't hold that against her. I dislike her for multiple other reasons but I know I'm in the minority there. 

With that said... Minervini was great! A lot of energy and his knowledge about the Marlins specifically stands out of course and you could even hear him get really excited and into key moments like listen to him when he calls the caught stealing from last night. Excellent job! 

Minervini was okay. I did thing his call when Anderson made the diving catch was great. I just think he was trying too hard. FWIW I really like Severino, I just think Hollandsworth is the issue. I would prefer they had gotten a better color analyst. Also the fact that they sound alike is annoying lol. Still takes me a bit to figure out who is talking.

I like Jeff Nelson. I just kept thinking the past couple days what a duo of Severino and Nelson would be like. Nelson can be pretty honest in his assessment and how he speaks, we haven't had that since.... Tommy Hutton.