New Logo Coming

Bazen

Unless we get an announcement today, don’t think logo reveal is tommmorow. Not breaking news or anything. Wonder when they will do this.

Sometime in November. I think the Nov 1 rumor was started by someone who assumed it'd be done after the World Series. He decided that means the literal day after the WS. If it went 7, it would have ended today.

While he was clearly wrong the guy who said Nov 1st wasn't guessing. He made it seem like something he heard was happening. Very possible that it wasn't concrete and was changed. 

People tend to say "I heard" these days when they haven't actually heard anything.

I share this only for the first comment in the comments section.  Apparently no matter what we do it will look exactly like the Brewers because M.  That or the commenters obvious sacasm is lost on me, the passage of time, or is some inside joke

https://www.sbnation.com/2011/11/11/2554908/miami-marlins-uniforms-photos-new-logo-florida

In what world do those uniforms look like the Brewers? I understand the comparisons between what we think is the new M and the Brewers M because of the slanted shapes but that's it. Theres nothing about the 2012 uniforms that looks like the Brewers. 

Just saw this posted on Reddit:

“Hey everybody, this is Ely Sussman, managing editor at Fish Stripes. I spoke with the Marlins this morning. This is their official stance on the logo:

‘The club has not once said we are changing the logo or uniforms. Everything that has been discussed has been speculation. Not going to comment on rumors.’

In other words, no announcement today.”

Just saw this posted on Reddit:

“Hey everybody, this is Ely Sussman, managing editor at Fish Stripes. I spoke with the Marlins this morning. This is their official stance on the logo:

‘The club has not once said we are changing the logo or uniforms. Everything that has been discussed has been speculation. Not going to comment on rumors.’

In other words, no announcement today.”

Yeah but it is coming. Just was never going to be November 1.

I want to say fishstripes was the rumor monger on that one.  

I do think that if they’re doing a full rebrand it would take a little demand off having a throwback weekend.  Those aren’t annual mandates 

Fishstripes was clickbaiting with today's quote. Everyone knows the team would say that since they never made an official announcement. it was a really pointless update but they went for those clicks.

Fishstripes was clickbaiting with today's quote. Everyone knows the team would say that since they never made an official announcement. it was a really pointless update but they went for those clicks.

There are some pretty good sbnation sites out there.  The marlins one leaves a bit to be desired.  

Fish stripes aggravates the hell out of me because they have so much of a following for nothing.

A Marlins player can sneeze and they'll write an article about it. 

There's better content on here most of the time. 

It’s a combination of the sbnation affiliation and the lack of options.  Not a ton of dedicated marlins content online.