So, I found an interesting article online about Victor Mesa Sr. Allegedly, he is a huge Castro supporter. I will post the link to the article and the translation from google into English. If there are any spanish speakers on this site, I would appreciate it if you could read it and tell me if my translation from google is accurate. Below is the translation:

http://www.cubaenmiami.com/desaparecen-elogios-de-victor-mesa-a-fidel-castro-despues-de-que-sus-hijos-firmaran-con-los-marlins/

On Monday, it was officially announced that the children of Cuban baseball icon Víctor Mesa had signed up to play in the Major Leagues with Miami's Marlins, and as if by magic they have disappeared from various video publication channels, the declarations of the controversial pelotero as a result of the death of the dictator Fidel Castro, including the YouTube channel of TV Yumurí, the main television station of Matanzas, gathers Daily of Cuba citing Marti News.

Víctor Mesa said he felt "sad, very sad" when he was informed about Castro's death in 2016, according to the baseball player at the time, the death of the former Cuban leader had been "one of the hardest news we have received in recent years." years".

"That was unforgettable, that goes with me until death," said the athlete from Villa Clara.

In an interview published in 2015 on the official website, CubaSí, Mesa, who at the time was leading the Matanzas team in the National Baseball Series, confessed that seeing "face to face" with Raúl Castro was "one of the greatest things" that had happened to him, however times change, and people make contradictory revelations.

On playing in the MLB, the great Cuban baseball player commented to El Nuevo Herald: "I could not. I dreamed about that but I could not.

But I am happy that they could now ... ", in reference to their two sons, Víctor Víctor Mesa, 22, and his younger brother Víctor Mesa Jr, 17.

He's not employed by the Marlins so they should be able to keep this away from them as long as the boys don't bring this up.

The media just digging for anything during the slow times lol. A shame not even 3 days with the team and local news are trying to hurt the brothers image amongst the community.

He's not employed by the Marlins so they should be able to keep this away from them as long as the boys don't bring this up.

What if the media brings it up as a question to the boys? I’d be very curious to hear their answers. Personally, I don’t think it’s a huge deal. However I am just remembering all the backlash the Marlins got from Ozzie Guillen and his comments. So I could be wrong. 

I had a long thought out post, and either it was deleted or when I couldn't access the site earlier it was removed as this is a backup image of the forum?

Long and short, don't discount the fact that they were in a communist country with a dictatorship that has long been known to imprison it's political detractors and in some instances kill them as well.

Cubas Civil and Human Rights violation are long and immeasurable. They still have family and relatives in Cuba and being claimed as an enemy of the state will only shun and make their lives miserable- regardless of their personal beliefs.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your dignity to ensure your and your families freedom. I take these quotes as that considering how the Castros rose to power and what they did to their political opposition while operating a dictatorship 18 years into the 21st century.

I had a long thought out post, and either it was deleted or when I couldn't access the site earlier it was removed as this is a backup image of the forum?

Long and short, don't discount the fact that they were in a communist country with a dictatorship that has long been known to imprison it's political detractors and in some instances kill them as well.

Cubas Civil and Human Rights violation are long and immeasurable. They still have family and relatives in Cuba and being claimed as an enemy of the state will only shun and make their lives miserable- regardless of their personal beliefs.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your dignity to ensure your and your families freedom. I take these quotes as that considering how the Castros rose to power and what they did to their political opposition while operating a dictatorship 18 years into the 21st century.

This was my first thought too.  There's a difference between being a supporter, and saying what you need to say for the wellbeing of your family.

Who knows what the case is here, but I wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

A publicist should be able to handle this without much issue, and if certain reporters try to lay traps, they need to lose access/credentials to the Marlins organization.

This was my first thought too.  There's a difference between being a supporter, and saying what you need to say for the wellbeing of your family.

Who knows what the case is here, but I wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

A publicist should be able to handle this without much issue, and if certain reporters try to lay traps, they need to lose access/credentials to the Marlins organization.

I didnt even think about that point.  That could put them in a really tough position of not being vehemently anti-castro not because they support him but for the safety of their family members.  Really tough position for them to be in.  Hope nothing big is made of it.

I didnt even think about that point.  That could put them in a really tough position of not being vehemently anti-castro not because they support him but for the safety of their family members.  Really tough position for them to be in.  Hope nothing big is made of it.

To be honest, it doesn't concern me at all. I think the day that it comes out they're dating a Castro family member or walk around with a Hammer and Sickle tattoo is the day I worry.

Or a photo of them sitting on Raul's lap like Santa Claus.

The media who wants to make a big deal out of it (Anti Castro and Anti Marlins) will do so, and the media that see's this as it is (Political Refugees escaping for freedom and money) will not even care to mention it.

Unlike Ozzie, who was just a moron.