Marlins Park Renovation Updates

rmc523

Does this really count as a public installation?  I’m sure there is a statutory definition but I would think that since you have to buy a ticket to see it then it doesn’t really count as public.  In a sense it’s more like a museum and the museum decided to relocate the art.  

Does this really count as a public installation?  I’m sure there is a statutory definition but I would think that since you have to buy a ticket to see it then it doesn’t really count as public.  In a sense it’s more like a museum and the museum decided to relocate the art.  

I agree. If anything, NOW it will be a public thing since you can see it without a ticket.

I agree. If anything, NOW it will be a public thing since you can see it without a ticket.

The whole public space definition is relevant to Melreese too.  That course is called public space by golfers even though you have to pay to use it.  The soccer stadium actually creates more open and free of charge space than the course offers 

That's exactly the point Jeter used to convince the county to let them move it and I think it does make sense.

Why does it seem like most of the national audience mocked that thing for years and only started to defend it when Jeter began talks to move it?

Yeah, it's odd.

I, for one, never had a problem with it.  Yeah, it certainly is/was odd, but it was certainly unique, and gave the park some character.  Now, we have a big hole in the ground.  Obviously that picture is just with it removed, and doesn't have the new setup, but I have a feeling it won't be integrated into the Budweiser area like someone said, and will just be a few tiers of platforms with people on it, though I guess they will need to make some changes in order to get access to that area.