Nick Anderson acquired, Dietrich DFA'd

Ema2R

I find it hard to believe no one was interested in trading for him this year, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say no trade opportunities came up. However, if they had a chance to trade him for a pack of peanuts last year and they didn't knowing they'd DFA him, that's freaking ridiculous. He's an actual MLB starter. Not elite, but a starter

I find it hard to believe no one was interested in trading for him this year, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say no trade opportunities came up. However, if they had a chance to trade him for a pack of peanuts last year and they didn't knowing they'd DFA him, that's freaking ridiculous. He's an actual MLB starter. Not elite, but a starter

That’s debatable.  He had starters PA for three years because of things like Gordon PEDs Prado injuries and last year selloffs. He’s not starting for a playoff team 

Am I the only one that doesn't understand DFA'ing Dietrich?   I mean he's going to make what?  $4.2M?  Come on......it's not as if he's a black hole out there - he's one of the few somewhat productive guys we have.  There are several other guys you can dump who do nothing.

I think the dietrich thing is surprising, but after seeing the moves today it seems clear that Denbo is now in charge after giving a year of holdovers from the previous regime a chance to make an impression. You'd think dietrich would get something, but after looking at the market for 1b/corner OF, this seems to be the theme for guys even better than Dietrich (Cron, Bour, among many others at that position this year as well as last year).

I hope we use these savings for JT, Dietrich, and eventually Straily, to sign some veteran bats to fill the lineup for at least half the year until Diaz, Harrison, Victor Victor, etc are ready and we can possibly flip some of them at the deadline for another interesting piece.

I'm kinda surprised at this move.  I would've thought he had some sort of value.  He's not a top-tier player by any means, but he's serviceable,  and he's a utility, which is always nice to have.

I know they still have the opportunity to trade him - being arbitration eligible,  I wonder what his projected salary would've been???

I'm kinda surprised at this move.  I would've thought he had some sort of value.  He's not a top-tier player by any means, but he's serviceable,  and he's a utility, which is always nice to have.

I know they still have the opportunity to trade him - being arbitration eligible,  I wonder what his projected salary would've been???

Like 4.5 mil

People need to just stop reacting to everything every ignorant to how baseball works fan that is out there.  They will blindly criticize every player they didnt like or even show up to watch being let go and there is nothing we can say until we start having this long needed depth make a difference.  It makes no sense to react every time someone shows their ignorance.  Not to say every move we make is perfect, but as of now this front office has really done a solid job since taking over.

The draft last year seems to be really impressive early on, we have cleared any long term salaries that would inhibit any small market team from operating as a consistent contender (we couldnt survive G potentially breaking down like the angels and pujols), and we might not yet have that best farm system in baseball but it is clear we are building a team that is sustainable and regardless of if it is next year or 2021 with the depth we have built specifically in the pitching , this will eventually turn around because this is a proven method of rebuilding and we are finally willing to bite the bullet in the present for a future vision.