Marlins showed interest in LeMahieu

SonOfJack

@DTrain... jokes aside, isn't this a good sign based on your concerns the other day? You said you worried that they wouldn't spend money on adding quality veterans in a couple of seasons and this says they're already looking at doing so. 

I'm also liking how they're thinking ahead to add a good but fair priced piece early instead of having to significantly overpay later. Smart thinking. Also shows they don't intend to keep payroll low forever. 

@DTrain... jokes aside, isn't this a good sign based on your concerns the other day? You said you worried that they wouldn't spend money on adding quality veterans in a couple of seasons and this says they're already looking at doing so. 

I'm also liking how they're thinking ahead to add a good but fair priced piece early instead of having to significantly overpay later. Smart thinking. Also shows they don't intend to keep payroll low forever. 

My concern is not that they won’t add a player like DJ. 

My concern is that they will not add a legit #1 starting pitcher and an impact bat in 2021 to get the team over the hump. 

It should be every Marlins fan concern. 

My concern is not that they won’t add a player like DJ. 

My concern is that they will not add a legit #1 starting pitcher and an impact bat in 2021 to get the team over the hump. 

It should be every Marlins fan concern. 

How many legit #1 pitchers come up for free agency? And how many of those contracts, i.e. Darvish, end up looking bad? I'm not saying I disagree with wondering whether they'll spend the big money when needed. But really, it's not just that easy to add a "legit #1 starting pitcher." That reminds of the "they were just 2 pitchers away" nonsense.

How many legit #1 pitchers come up for free agency? And how many of those contracts, i.e. Darvish, end up looking bad? I'm not saying I disagree with wondering whether they'll spend the big money when needed. But really, it's not just that easy to add a "legit #1 starting pitcher." That reminds of the "they were just 2 pitchers away" nonsense.

Do the Red Sox win the 2018 World Series if they didn’t go out and get Chris Sale? 

Do the Red Sox win the 2018 World Series if they didn’t go out and get Chris Sale? 

Yeah, probably, if we're being honest. Sale only pitched 158 innings in 2018. The Red Sox were the best complete team in baseball last year, and without Sale, they'd have been fine. Only difference, they probably win 104 instead of 108. Their offense was absolutely bonkers, number one in all the slashing categories [average, OBP, SLG, OPS]. Had the most hits and runs. Their pitching outside of Sale was still very good. Not astronomically good, like Sale has been with them, but very good.

So. Yeah. I say they still win the 2018 World Series without Sale. Who was there in 2017, I might add.

Yeah, probably, if we're being honest. Sale only pitched 158 innings in 2018. The Red Sox were the best complete team in baseball last year, and without Sale, they'd have been fine. Only difference, they probably win 104 instead of 108. Their offense was absolutely bonkers, number one in all the slashing categories [average, OBP, SLG, OPS]. Had the most hits and runs. Their pitching outside of Sale was still very good. Not astronomically good, like Sale has been with them, but very good.

So. Yeah. I say they still win the 2018 World Series without Sale. Who was there in 2017, I might add.

Do the Marlins win the World Series in 2003 if they don’t go out and get an impact bat (Pudge)? 

I can go on and on.