9/13 - Phillies at Marlins - Game 2

Admin

1 minute ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Let me set the way back machine.... As a child of the 70's growing up in NJ, all we got were Yankees games from PIX Channel 11 and I knew as a little kid i was not a Yankees fan.  Moved to PA right before the 80 World Series and was not attached to the Phillies so it didn't mean much to me... I grew up five minutes from Reading Phillies (AA) stadium and during the 80's had to endure one of the worst farm systems ever and it as very tough to be a Phillies fan coming in from another state.... I decided during the late 80's that if baseball expanded, I'd pick an expansion team and follow them from Day 1.  Hated the name Rockies so I picked Marlins...

You certainly chose the right one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Let me set the way back machine.... As a child of the 70's growing up in NJ, all we got were Yankees games from PIX Channel 11 and I knew as a little kid i was not a Yankees fan.  Moved to PA right before the 80 World Series and was not attached to the Phillies so it didn't mean much to me... I grew up five minutes from Reading Phillies (AA) stadium and during the 80's had to endure one of the worst farm systems ever and it as very tough to be a Phillies fan coming in from another state.... I decided during the late 80's that if baseball expanded, I'd pick an expansion team and follow them from Day 1.  Hated the name Rockies so I picked Marlins...

Nice! Great story! OG Marlins fan.