9/13 - Phillies at Marlins - Game 2

Admin

5 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

Nice swing by Jazz

I think he's going to be the best of the hitting prospects outside of Bleday.   He takes walks and the ball flys off of his bat.   Just has to cut down the swing and miss a little.   Swinging  for the fences too much.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I think he's going to be the best of the hitting prospects outside of Bleday.   He takes walks and the ball flys off of his bat.   Just has to cut down the swing and miss a little.   Swinging  for the fences too much.  

Sanchez will come around.

Monte too.

I have faith!

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Sanchez will come around.

Monte too.

I have faith!

Monte just has to stop trying to hit HR every time he is at bat..

I know he probably grew up watching guys like Barry Bonds and Ryan Howard and Stanton.. But the 50+ HR power hitting thing isn't going to work too well for him unless he can really fix his approach at the plate.. I definitely hope he does.. a power hitting/fast baserunning outfielder is always a good thing to have on your team.

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked
10 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Monte just has to stop trying to hit HR every time he is at bat..

I know he probably grew up watching guys like Barry Bonds and Ryan Howard and Stanton.. But the 50+ HR power hitting thing isn't going to work too well for him unless he can really fix his approach at the plate.. I definitely hope he does.. a power hitting/fast baserunning outfielder is always a good thing to have on your team.

Maybe he needs to do what Stanton did and close his stance a little. lol