9-17-2020 Red Sox @ Marlins 1:10 PM

The first strike to Aguilar in the 4th and the 1st strike to Miggy Ro in the 5th had as much of the plate as the one in this inning, but they were both called strikes. Only difference is that the pitch by Urena was a slider rather than a cutter so my guess is that the ump got fooled by the movement.

is the umpiring worse this year than ever?  it sure seems that way.  but i feel like we have this convo every year?  maybe it actually IS getting worse every year then?  It just truly FEELS like it has significantly accelerated the whole robo ump thing because there's not even consistent strike zones from each ump game to game. it feels like it changes from inning to inning and even biased towards a specific team on any given night.

I know the umps supposedly receive a rating for each game - do they actually make that info public though? 

Umpires aside, our offense is inconsistent. The position player prospects might deserve a thread soon, they have all been awful.

Edited by Erick
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, hovertical said:

is the umpiring worse this year than ever?  it sure seems that way.  but i feel like we have this convo every year?  maybe it actually IS getting worse every year then?  It just truly FEELS like it has significantly accelerated the whole robo ump thing because there's not even consistent strike zones from each ump game to game. it feels like it changes from inning to inning and even biased towards a specific team on any given night.

I know the umps supposedly receive a rating for each game - do they actually make that info public though? 

I doubt they make it public.

But yeah, this year seems far worse than years past.

8 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Before this year I was firmly anti-robo strike zone. Now... Bring on the bots