Jump to content

NLDS Post-Game 1 Thread


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I don’t say this often nor Willy nilly but I won’t lose any sleep of Acuna sustains a season ending injury tommorow.

I'd much rather see him flyout, strikeout, and ground out after every single at bat. 

Suffer.

( I like whomever said he was being petulant...he is being rewarded for his bad behavior through likes and retweets).

Strike him out and win the game...let his over enthusiasm cost his team. That is how we win.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I see what you mean though I think Acuna is more of an immature jackass than Hanley ever was. 

I don't watch Acuna enough to know how he is regularly. But remember Hanley jogging after the ball? He was a brat and a half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Major-Minor said:

MLB even gave it a like

No one wants to Marlins to win. Hung out to dry just like in the Posey situation, the death of Jose, the fire sale, and the COVID outbreak.

How the hell are the Marlins the 'underdog' AND evil dirty team in this narrative.

Now let's see if they do something about it. 

What an obnoxious tweet

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

I don't watch Acuna enough to know how he is regularly. But remember Hanley jogging after the ball? He was a brat and a half.

I remember that yes. Acuna is worse in my eyes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

I don’t say this often nor Willy nilly but I won’t lose any sleep of Acuna sustains a season ending injury tommorow.

Nah, I won't go that far. I would like him to get no hits the rest of the series and make a couple errors though. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but him failing would be good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Nah, I won't go that far. I would like him to get no hits the rest of the series and make a couple errors though. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but him failing would be good.

I think a slip and fall out of the batters box with no injury would be quite funny. Or maybe rounding second. Either way. No injury. Just embarrassment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael said:

I think a slip and fall out of the batters box with no injury would be quite funny. Or maybe rounding second. Either way. No injury. Just embarrassment.

Yep agreed, as long as he is 100% fine after it. Just something to briefly hit his ego would be cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Yep agreed, as long as he is 100% fine after it. Just something to briefly hit his ego would be cool.

Honestly the best is the scenario I previously described. Talk all that shit and then 0-fer after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Honestly the best is the scenario I previously described. Talk all that shit and then 0-fer after.

Absolutely. When he said "They can't get me out," he was asking for a big time slump. Hopefully Pablo can start that today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Absolutely. When he said "They can't get me out," he was asking for a big time slump. Hopefully Pablo can start that today.

Just set up inside the whole time going forward. See what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Nah, I won't go that far. I would like him to get no hits the rest of the series and make a couple errors though. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but him failing would be good.

I don’t wish injury on the Jack ass as I said I won’t lose sleep if and not I wish but after intentionally trying to injure Rojas with the spike to the knee; I don’t care what happens to him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I don’t wish injury on the Jack ass as I said I won’t lose sleep if and not I wish but after intentionally trying to injure Rojas with the spike to the knee; I don’t care what happens to him.

i get you GIF

  • Banana 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanley was lazy and defiant to leadership at times, not always a full team player, a little more selfish than anyone wanted to admit... but I don't ever remember him intentionally inciting the opponents.

That's the difference. 

Acuna is definitely worse. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Michael said:

Just set up inside the whole time going forward. See what happens.

If you engage Braves fans on Twitter about this, they say to throw strikes and stay away from the inside of the plate if you're not confident you can throw inside without hitting him. That's why the baby cries every time, he'd love that since his only "weakness" is on the inside part of the plate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If you engage Braves fans on Twitter about this, they say to throw strikes and stay away from the inside of the plate if you're not confident you can throw inside without hitting him. That's why the baby cries every time, he'd love that since his only "weakness" is on the inside part of the plate.

I’m fully expecting that we won’t get the benefit of the doubt from umps and MLB the when pitching inside to Acuna. Whether it’s missed strikes or ejections if he gets hit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’m fully expecting that we won’t get the benefit of the doubt from umps and MLB the when pitching inside to Acuna. Whether it’s missed strikes or ejections if he gets hit. 

"So Acuña has decided to literally stand on home plate, spread out wide. His body covers his entire strike zone now. Hahahah, what a silly character. Here's the pitch, and OH I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY HIT HIM AGAIN!"

Gameday: (pitch middle-middle of the zone)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Michael said:

Guys, really. Let him talk.

Imagine he talks all this shit then goes 0-16 the rest of the way. Imagine how stupid he looks then.

Always let talkers talk. Play your game and let the results talk for you.

I do agree with this but what kills me is that this is the guy that MLB promotes. He was the guy I saw them promoting with a huge on screen graphic saying  omg Acuna is batting next inning don't miss it!!!!

I can't believe this is type of person they feel the need to promote.

I know it's not the same kind of player but damn Rojas Sixto and Aguilar would be a true blast to promote over Acuna if you ask me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I actually just watched everything with Acuna and Alcantara now since I was at work during those exchanges yesterday and I'm seeing this a little differently...

I don't think Alcantara hit him on purpose but I'll admit I'm not certain of that either. It's not impossible. With that said, if it was on purpose why would it have happened? Well because Acuna pimped a first inning home run like it was a walk off homer. But here's my thing... if it was on purpose then so what? Acuna should have taken it and lowered his head and carried on because, while these shenanigans are generally frowned upon, I was always raised with the idea that each side can get one shot, one receipt and take it and move on. An eye for an eye, ONCE. You get me once and I get you once and, almost like a brotherly thing, we both swallow our pride and accept it and move on for the sake of the game being played.

So what I'm saying is, if Acuna thought it was on purpose he should have just said ok you got me for the pimping and then THAT'S IT.

The bigger problem isn't whether or not Sandy did it on purpose... the bigger issue is that the guy who wants to pimp home runs isn't willing to accept the basic consequences for his actions.

It's like someone who speeds or drives recklessly and then gets upset when the cops pull him over. If you don't want reactions to your stupid actions then don't do them.

I'm not saying Acuna deserves to be hit in the head but at worst Sandy hit him on the butt! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give Acuna one ounce of credit though... he composed himself quickly and I think he realized there was no need to escalate it any further. I'm sure the HBP stung and his initial reaction may be understandable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...