Dodgers want to hang with Mr. Cooper

Admin

• The title was changed to Dodgers want to hang with Mr. Cooper

Man, coop is one of my faves. but he’s very limited as to defensive positioning and he gives me that “Great Dane” vibe in that they’re both huge and prone to injury and probably end up being put down early lol. If we get a good return for it I’m down. Especially since Duvall will keep the power in the lineup. 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Amazing thread title!

But the timing of this is interesting. We just added a FA and might need to clear roster space... I'm sure teams call about any number of players at any time so to send this tweet essentially minutes after announcing Duvall might mean more than just interest here.

what you thinking?!

2 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If this team really wants a catcher I rather they to trade prospects for Contreras and keep Cooper. 

Going to be a big mistake trading Cooper.  If he stays healthy he should have a .280, 30, 90+ RBIs season.

We can get a lot more at the trade deadline.   

25 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Well, with Adam Duvall as a LF/1B, he can platoon with both Dickerson and Aguilar, which was going to be Cooper's role most likely. It would be sad to see Cooper leave, but it might be the only option for him now that Duvall is here.

Cooper has also played some LF and depth is always a good thing.   We need RH power bats in this lineup.  Besides Aguilar, Cooper and Duvall that’s all we have.

I agree with a lot of your posts so I’m not disagreeing just to disagree.   With a full 162 game season depth is vital.  How can a stacked team like the Dodgers know this but we can’t.  

• Like 1