Defense

mystikol87

How good can the defense be? Without having done a deep dive of research:

C Stallings is elite obviously

1B: Lewin Diaz is supposed to be an excellent defender

2B: Jazz struggled last year, but he still profiled as an average+ defensive shortstop, so I think he’s got room to improve

SS: Miggy is super solid

3B: Anderson has been a very good defender as well

Util: Wendle is an excellent defender

OF: Garcia has been a + defender the last 2 years in RF; Sanchez and DLC I’m not sure about.

What do you think?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Jazz makes dumb mistakes, if he can cut down on those and focus better he can be really special and Aguilar is going to be the 1b from all indications at this point. 

Almost seems like he tries too much - tries for the spectacular play rather than just making the play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Almost seems like he tries too much - tries for the spectacular play rather than just making the play.

He can't make routine balls hit at him (he's always jumping up when it gets to him as if the ball eats him up - either Miggy isn't helping him or he's not listening, or just not that good). But he DOES make those hard to reach shallow balls in RF when he's running to make a catch like, bro...just become a CF, already, you know you prefer it.

13 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

How good can the defense be? Without having done a deep dive of research:

C Stallings is elite obviously

1B: Lewin Diaz is supposed to be an excellent defender

2B: Jazz struggled last year, but he still profiled as an average+ defensive shortstop, so I think he’s got room to improve

SS: Miggy is super solid

3B: Anderson has been a very good defender as well

Util: Wendle is an excellent defender

OF: Garcia has been a + defender the last 2 years in RF; Sanchez and DLC I’m not sure about.

What do you think?

From what I saw last year, De La Cruz is a very good defensive player.   DLC is very capable of playing CF. 

Sanchez is a good RF with a very strong arm.  He should be very good in LF since it's the easier of the 2 positions.