Khalil Watson benched for disciplinary reasons

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

He did say "per sources" so maybe he's not guessing this time.

sure, but words like "could" and "not clear" give him an out if Watson is in the lineup tomorrow. It's bad reporting if he doesn't have all the facts. He's reporting a rumor, where journalists are supposed to report facts. His "source" could be himself. 

Just report what you know Craig.

Watson appears to have been suspended by the marlins without being actually suspended.

Happens a lot with young kids.

Hope Watson learns from this.   Coupled with his first taste of humble pie probably ever with baseball and its time to figure out who Watson is.  

He puts this behind him and he can be special.

He doesn't and he should be traded. 

19 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

sure, but words like "could" and "not clear" give him an out if Watson is in the lineup tomorrow. It's bad reporting if he doesn't have all the facts. He's reporting a rumor, where journalists are supposed to report facts. His "source" could be himself. 

Haha that’s funny these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hovertical said:

But not for a big bat because now his value is nil. Hahahahahahahaha great job this off-season Ng.

His value is still pretty much where it was when he was drafted, maybe down a little but nothing significant.

He is 19 years old and in his first year of professional baseball.

Chill.  

25 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

His value is still pretty much where it was when he was drafted, maybe down a little but nothing significant.

He is 19 years old and in his first year of professional baseball.

Chill.  

If you're going to aggressively work to trade a guy you just drafted who has been mysteriously benched for two weeks I am pretty sure the value will take a hit. 

13 minutes ago, hovertical said:

If you're going to aggressively work to trade a guy you just drafted who has been mysteriously benched for two weeks I am pretty sure the value will take a hit. 

That's not confirmed to be happening.

"Wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Marlins aggressively shop him at the trade deadline."

1 hour ago, Hotcorner said:

This is bonkers stupid shit.  If the Marlins trade him over this garbage....

He's in the minors, can we allow him to be make a stupid gesture without talking trade?  Christ, adults are dumb

If he did it repeatedly that’s one thing.  But I agree.

1 hour ago, Hotcorner said:

This is bonkers stupid shit.  If the Marlins trade him over this garbage....

He's in the minors, can we allow him to be make a stupid gesture without talking trade?  Christ, adults are dumb

Prepare to hear a load of horse shit about how he doesn't represent the Marlins brand and it was best we part ways and he gets a fresh start elsewhere blah blah blah

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

Prepare to hear a load of horse shit about how he doesn't represent the Marlins brand and it was best we part ways and he gets a fresh start elsewhere blah blah blah

I mean since Jose Salas is God's gift to baseball and the future at SS they should trade him anyway...just saying...

If this is a one time thing, then yes it would be dumb to trade him rather than letting him play after being disciplined while hopefully getting this situation flattened.

If this has been a repeated thing where he's continued to be difficult and unruly and attempts have been made to unsuccessfully quell things, that's different.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

If this is a one time thing, then yes it would be dumb to trade him rather than letting him play after being disciplined while hopefully getting this situation flattened.

If this has been a repeated thing where he's continued to be difficult and unruly and attempts have been made to unsuccessfully quell things, that's different.

makes you wonder doesnt it?

If this wasnt the 4th or 5th offense he has made, just the most jarring because of the action before and the time off after.

8 hours ago, Michael said:

Sure I agree with this.  But I don’t think we’ve heard anything to this point.  But doesn’t mean something didn’t happen.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Sure I agree with this.  But I don’t think we’ve heard anything to this point.  But doesn’t mean something didn’t happen.

Right. Perhaps a lot of internal unseen things to this point and then he went and did something that was public and caught on camera.

If this is the only offense to this point it is a little much.