Tua.. (and general Dolphins updates now)

pollythewog

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Dolphins acquire Bradley Chubb!

i wonder if they would have still made this trade had they not lost their other first for tampering?  I know this means they're all in on Tua since they now have zero firsts next season and it looked like their original plan was to stockpile picks in case they could swing a trade for his replacement but losing that extra first hurt and it's not looking like that SF first is gonna be that great.  Gotta hope Tua stays healthy.  This is a fantastic get for them though.  I wish they had traded for some secondary help as well with as banged up as their unit is for the rest of this season - the additional pressure Chubb can apply should help ease that strain a bit though and maybe force some more ill-advised throws here and there. 

13 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I wish they had traded for some secondary help as well with as banged up as their unit is for the rest of this season - the additional pressure Chubb can apply should help ease that strain a bit though and maybe force some more ill-advised throws here and there. 

Exactly - hopefully he can do for us what Von Miller does for Buffalo, who rarely ever calls for a blitz BUT gets a lot of sacks.

30 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

This team needs some defense.

Fields made them look terrible. Lol. Ugly win is still a win, in the end.

I was hoping they'd adjust at some point and just send eight defenders into coverage. Obviously sending major pressure at Fields wasn't working cause he kept slipping away.

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

If Flores was strictly our DC this team would be dominant. Offense seems fixed and stupid good as long as Tua is in there but that D is a sieve and gives up a ton of points.

I still believe Chubb will help a lot. Just happens the Bears' fastest and most elusive player was their QB.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

I still believe Chubb will help a lot. Just happens the Bears' fastest and most elusive player was their QB.

He should help yeah but Flores did seem to have some otherworldly knack for turning even shitty players on defense into very good players overall. He just sucked for anything offense related. I'm just saying Flores absolutely knows how to coach and run a defense is all. I'll take McDaniel as HC over Flores though any day based on current results though.

18 hours ago, hovertical said:

He should help yeah but Flores did seem to have some otherworldly knack for turning even shitty players on defense into very good players overall. He just sucked for anything offense related. I'm just saying Flores absolutely knows how to coach and run a defense is all. I'll take McDaniel as HC over Flores though any day based on current results though.

Yeah for sure. I mean if we had Flores as HC and McDaniel as the OC we'd probably be fine, too. lol

Is what it is, I can't imagine Boyer stays next season with how that's gone.

25 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah for sure. I mean if we had Flores as HC and McDaniel as the OC we'd probably be fine, too. lol

Is what it is, I can't imagine Boyer stays next season with how that's gone.

Ehhhhhh...Flores did NOT like Tua at all so who knows how the offense would have been with Flo still the HC even with McDaniel as OC. Freaking AFC East...every team with a winning record lol

Defense did this shit last year too. they were awful for about the first half of the season then magically flipped some switch and came on strong for the remainder of the season - although a lot of folks assumed Flores just took over the DC at that point when they sucked for the first half of the season.