Tua.. (and general Dolphins updates now)

pollythewog

First drive Tua looked sharp, Pittsburgh made an adjustment and then Miami's offense wasn't able to pull an Ed Lucas and adjust to their adjustments. Tua's timing was off a bit but that's to be expected after not playing in game action for 3.5 weeks.

A win's a win, though, and when he gets his timing back, oh lawd.

That said ... couldn't help but be terrified the two times he scrambled forward and dropped the shoulder to try and get more yards. Lol.

8 hours ago, Entendu said:

Flores is a fucking prick and I'm sad someone else hired his ass. He should have spent a few years doing the rounds complaining to everyone like Kaepernick. 

I guess in Flores' case, someone was willing to employ him still where as everyone was worried about the *pt*cs at the time of bringing Kaepernick back into the fold.

Goodell and co weren't very pro-protest at the time.

I'm not upset at all at what Flores brought to light after he left Miami. I appreciate that he even turned down the extra money to stay silent in order to show everyone the caliber of person Ross is. 

As a coach? I thought he was utterly fantastic that first season (versus expectations) and I don't recall ever seeing a coach having the kind of knack he did for coaching up guys on defense. 

That said, he is NOT a quality head coach overall because he seems to have no idea what to do on offense. Having 2 separate OC's?  wtf man.  Crazy shit.  He's a fantastic DC though and I don't hold any ill will against him overall.

17 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I'm not upset at all at what Flores brought to light after he left Miami. I appreciate that he even turned down the extra money to stay silent in order to show everyone the caliber of person Ross is. 

As a coach? I thought he was utterly fantastic that first season (versus expectations) and I don't recall ever seeing a coach having the kind of knack he did for coaching up guys on defense. 

That said, he is NOT a quality head coach overall because he seems to have no idea what to do on offense. Having 2 separate OC's?  wtf man.  Crazy shit.  He's a fantastic DC though and I don't hold any ill will against him overall.

I can't fault Ross here, dude was doing everything he could to get the team in a better position to win AND trusted Flores to be that coach. Honestly would have loved Burrow here. Then when he tried to bring Brady and Payton here- it showed he was willing to do whatever it took. Both of those guys would have added instant credibility here. I'm happy they got McDaniel, and hope he becomes our next Shula for 25/30 years. With that said, Ross can't be really shat on for what happened. He's trying. That's better than Sherman.

11 hours ago, Entendu said:

Flores is a fucking prick and I'm sad someone else hired his ass. He should have spent a few years doing the rounds complaining to everyone like Kaepernick. 

Flores was hired for many reasons, one of which is he a decent coach. But as sure I am that Tomlin wanted him on his staff, I'm equally sure the NFL asked the Rooneys to hire him so he can't claim he was blackballed for speaking out.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

First drive Tua looked sharp, Pittsburgh made an adjustment and then Miami's offense wasn't able to pull an Ed Lucas and adjust to their adjustments. Tua's timing was off a bit but that's to be expected after not playing in game action for 3.5 weeks.

A win's a win, though, and when he gets his timing back, oh lawd.

That said ... couldn't help but be terrified the two times he scrambled forward and dropped the shoulder to try and get more yards. Lol.

I thought the same.....I was like nooooo don't do that!

2 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

I can't fault Ross here, dude was doing everything he could to get the team in a better position to win AND trusted Flores to be that coach. Honestly would have loved Burrow here. Then when he tried to bring Brady and Payton here- it showed he was willing to do whatever it took. Both of those guys would have added instant credibility here. I'm happy they got McDaniel, and hope he becomes our next Shula for 25/30 years. With that said, Ross can't be really shat on for what happened. He's trying. That's better than Sherman.

You make it sound like he's a great owner because he spends money. If he was great then Miami would have had a great team at SOME point during his 15ish or so years?  I appreciate he's willing to spend money and that alone makes him better than Sherman by a country mile but I also can appreciate someone having such a strong conviction that they're willing to turn down a ton of money to avoid having to sign a NDA so they can show that Ross is also kinda a piece of shit behind the scenes. 

I don't think Flores is a great head coach.  I think if another HC gave him absolute control as a defensive coordinator he would smash it out of the park though.  He coached up guys to play out of their minds on defense.  I also respect him for doing what he thought was right and just being honest about what happened shouldn't be frowned upon.  I think Goodell and the other NFL team owners are quite possibly the worst bunch of hypocrites in all of pro sports (speaking in terms of the 4 major N. America sports anyway). 

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

Miami's secondary is absolutely ravaged by injuries right now. I guess per Kim's logic there must have been a lockout?

Brandon Jones getting hurt suuuucks.

Need Byron Jones back ASAP. Detroit next so I think we'll be OK there ... Kader Kohou coming back as well and he's shown nicely thus far.

• The title was changed to Tua.. (and general Dolphins updates now)