October 5, 20232 yr Just now, Michael said: I take some solace in the fact that the exact same thing can be said of the Rays, Jays, and to an extent, Brewers. That's true too. I dunno, maybe its cuz we're the Marlins and people are gonna act like "this team is awful and this proves they suck and didn't deserve this spot" while people are gonna look at Milwaukee and especially Tampa Bay and be like "oh those teams are great they just got outplayed. " Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, Bret Hart said: Next season Max Meyer, Rogers or Sixto will return to rotation. Probs just Max. lol
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, SilverBullet said: That's true too. I dunno, maybe its cuz we're the Marlins and people are gonna act like "this team is awful and this proves they suck and didn't deserve this spot" while people are gonna look at Milwaukee and especially Tampa Bay and be like "oh those teams are great they just got outplayed. " Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. Maybe. But who cares? Just get back there next year and prove it wasn't a fluke.
October 5, 20232 yr 1 minute ago, Michael said: First thing's first ... Kim needs to be extended. I think that's pretty much a given at this point. Unless @hovertical takes over as team owner, but I don't think he has that kind of cash on hand.
October 5, 20232 yr 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: That's true too. I dunno, maybe its cuz we're the Marlins and people are gonna act like "this team is awful and this proves they suck and didn't deserve this spot" while people are gonna look at Milwaukee and especially Tampa Bay and be like "oh those teams are great they just got outplayed. " Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. Yep, pretty sure that will be the sentiment from stupid fans until we literally win another world series
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, Michael said: First thing's first ... Kim needs to be extended. Kim will go to the White Sox and the Marlins will hire some random guy named Octavio de la Cruz to be their new GM.. He will probably be a former special assistant to the assistant GM of the Dominican Winter League.. But hey, will have a cheap entry level salary, so will save some money,
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, mrchainsaw said: Yep, pretty sure that will be the sentiment from stupid fans until we literally win another world series And then it'll be "you guys got lucky" and yada yada. We drown it out.
October 5, 20232 yr 1 minute ago, Michael said: Probs just Max. lol Rogers will definitely be back unless he gets traded.
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, Valid said: Rogers will definitely be back unless he gets traded. If he's healthy. I wouldn't be against him being a bullpen piece.
October 5, 20232 yr 2 minutes ago, Michael said: Probs just Max. lol Not Rogers? What is even wrong with him?
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, SilverBullet said: Not Rogers? What is even wrong with him? Tore something in his non-throwing shoulder, I think.
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, Michael said: If he's healthy. I wouldn't be against him being a bullpen piece. I think it was just a biceps thing with him, right? I'm sure he'll be healthy. Didn't have to undergo surgery or anything.
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, Valid said: I think it was just a biceps thing with him, right? I'm sure he'll be healthy. Didn't have to undergo surgery or anything. He probably will if I remember correctly. Just not for his throwing side.
October 5, 20232 yr 1 minute ago, Michael said: I wouldn't be against him being a bullpen piece. "That bullpen piece will throw another slide piece and then another change piece." -Rod Allen, probably.
October 5, 20232 yr 3 minutes ago, Michael said: Maybe. But who cares? I don't care, but I care because who wants to hear that shit being said about your team especially when you know it's not true? I don't lose sleep over it but it aggravates.
October 5, 20232 yr @Michaelcan we ban the 2023 Marlins season now at least until spring training 2024?
October 5, 20232 yr 4 minutes ago, Valid said: Rogers will definitely be back unless he gets traded. He's got to pitch again to get any value
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, SilverBullet said: @Michaelcan we ban the 2023 Marlins season now at least until spring training 2024? Not even @Michael is powerful enough to ban an entire season. The only way it can happen is that all the Mods(including Das) of the site have to get together with Admin.. and all have to press the big red master ban button at the same time.
October 5, 20232 yr 3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: I don't care, but I care because who wants to hear that shit being said about your team especially when you know it's not true? I don't lose sleep over it but it aggravates. Clearly you care a tiny bit. 😢 But anyways. ❤️ Drown out the noise!
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, skully58 said: He's got to pitch again to get any value He's a 25-year-old lefty under team control with an All-Star season under his belt. He has value. Not as a central player or anything, but as an extra piece in a deal? Absolutely.
October 5, 20232 yr 2 minutes ago, Valid said: He's a 25-year-old lefty under team control with an All-Star season under his belt. He has value. Not as a central player or anything, but as an extra piece in a deal? Absolutely. I can see the extra piece in a deal.
October 5, 20232 yr 2 minutes ago, skully58 said: I can see the extra piece in a deal. 12 piece McNuggets with Trevor Rogers? IDK man.
October 5, 20232 yr 5 minutes ago, Michael said: 12 piece McNuggets with Trevor Rogers? IDK man. and some fries.
October 5, 20232 yr 22 minutes ago, Valid said: I think that's pretty much a given at this point. Unless @hovertical takes over as team owner, but I don't think he has that kind of cash on hand. I spent it on VIP memberships.... 😞 but y'all riding high on making the playoffs and making decisions on emotion more than anything. She is still very subpar with roster mgmt so yeah, I wouldn't extend her. Oh well.
October 5, 20232 yr Just now, hovertical said: I spent it on VIP memberships.... 😞 but y'all riding high on making the playoffs and making decisions on emotion more than anything. She is still very subpar with roster mgmt so yeah, I wouldn't extend her. Oh well. In all seriousness, I'm not necessarily saying she deserves it or doesn't. I'm just saying what the FO will probably do.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.