A leak of the new jerseys

1 hour ago, Michael said:

So you agree with Bendix.

in the sustainability model sure.

But that also includes engaging your fan base and winning games because this is what your market demands which is directly tied to sustainability, unless your goal is to just pocket all the revenue sharing and break even from that never actually caring what happens in your home market essentially. 

3 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

But that also includes engaging your fan base and winning games because this is what your market demands which is directly tied to sustainability

Nah, all of that winning and fanbase engagement is meaningless because if you don't win the World Series everything is a failure anyways so ultimately who cares?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Das Texan said:

honestly what organizations dont have some set schedule of when they wear what jersey at this point in time though is the better question

Also left handed people have the devil in them.  That must be beaten out of them at an early age tbh. 

I'm left handed...

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

A fan made mockups with the blue, how did they not pick this one?

marlins.png.99f66200b214be044a2778f865e9784f.png

This looks so much better.

48 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nah, all of that winning and fanbase engagement is meaningless because if you don't win the World Series everything is a failure anyways so ultimately who cares?

High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

For whatever it's worth, the explanation I heard about why the teal jerseys are out is essentially the same thing that Latimer said in the above tweet. So I'd imagine its got some truth to it and, more importantly, it's the agreed upon organizational stance when needing to explain the decision. 

I think part of it also has to do with the complete lack of absolutely any moves in the offseason, so when they go and do things like pull the throwbacks that many people like, it's another thing they're taking away/not doing for fans that have stuck with them through everything, only to slap them in the face yet again, with something that'd be an easy layup to keep fans somewhat happy.

• Like 1

So just a quick few points on the updated 2024 jersey styles, in an effort to make more lightweight jerseys I see them looking like cheaply made lower quality jerseys. They remind me of early 90s pullover mesh batting practice jerseys. 

But this is annoying not because of the materials but because of the changes that the new template is forcing all the jerseys to have.

Here's the biggest offender: sleeves will now all end with an elastic band cuff, which is like an added piece instead of having one full sleeve that has stripes stitched onto the ends. 

Compare the Braves sleeves here, first pic is the previous jerseys, 2nd pic is the 2024 one:01hk61616p58pz8zy3fb.jpg.da3ca8b65b9d20c4b4203cbf41b322e9.jpgGDCGBrnXoAA_-Ze.jpeg.thumb.jpg.f7f07693653dec781a8f7ffd68ecc6eb.jpg

So that change is being forced on the Braves jersey because Nike can't do the old piping style of stitching on the new jersey template.

Here's a comparison of the Orioles sleeves, not sure why this image is darkened though, left image is 2024:

Screenshot_20240130_072720_SamsungInternet.jpg.c8f7f6e3ebc341dfe65b13191fd434d6.jpg

Additionally, the placket that forms the collar/neckline/and the vertical strip where the buttons are, which is often called "the headspoon", is now more narrow and that's caused some odd issues with the placement of certain elements...

The MLB batterman logo is now under the headspoon because there's less room on top. This lowers the logo as well as the player name and numbers. 

download.jpeg-14.jpg.08f552975ea9b04054359f86dd2db21f.jpgGE4HmE1WkAIqaqo.jpeg.thumb.jpg.b81d651aeedce9e0ae3836c13acdab6b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Players union addressing all the complaints about the new Nike jersey templates. It's crazy that Nike thought what they came up with was an upgrade.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10109512-mlb-players-mlbpa-addressing-complaints-with-nike-fanatics-jerseys-for-2024-season

I mean when the only people not complaining are those with personal contracts for Nike....

Its pretty fucking difficult to get EVERYONE to agree with something and yet here we are.

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I mean when the only people not complaining are those with personal contracts for Nike....

Its pretty fucking difficult to get EVERYONE to agree with something and yet here we are.

Give it time, I am sure someone here will take the opposite side on this. I won't name names.

• Like 2

It's also laughable that some articles are saying that some players like them while quoting players from Nike related articles. Like: Ronald Acuna says "These are the greatest jerseys I've ever worn" but its from a Nike article promoting the jerseys, which means it's either fake or it's just marketing speak where Acuna makes a forced statement to go along with the marketing. It's clearly not genuine.

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It's also laughable that some articles are saying that some players like them while quoting players from Nike related articles. Like: Ronald Acuna says "These are the greatest jerseys I've ever worn" but its from a Nike article promoting the jerseys, which means it's either fake or it's just marketing speak where Acuna makes a forced statement to go along with the marketing. It's clearly not genuine.

Perhaps they allow him to wear one that is far too large so his jersey can get hit by strikes down the middle and he can roll around and be stretchered off despite never being hit then heroically make his way back on to first base after one minute off the field.

Oh, I forgot.

Shut up, Das.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, el_gmac said:

so funny how fans and players are bitching about the new light material when ML switched from double knit (much better jerseys) to Cool base no one said shit

But these are lighter/worse than Cool Base right? These apparently feel cheap, Cool base was probably a better middle ground. 

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

But these are lighter/worse than Cool Base right? These apparently feel cheap, Cool base was probably a better middle ground. 

It was definitely a cool base to work from to improve, not worsen.

Shut up, Das.