Everything posted by biglumber24
-
Photo's from the Manatee tryouts
Number thirteen is always on the heat game jumbo-tron dancing
-
Where is the list of the Marlins top 50 prospects
Wasnt someone doing a list of the organizations top prospects
-
Current lineup
How about Alfonso Soriano?
-
Current lineup
Why, Rickey Henderson never hit anywhere else besides lead-off!
-
Current lineup
Why is everyone dropping Hanley in the batting order? From what I remember he was far more superior in the lead-off spot than any other spot in the order. He actually looked uncomfortable in other spots in the order.
-
Jorge Cantu?
What about these guys Marcus Giles 29 Jerry Hairston Jr. 31 Russell Branyan 31 Im not opposed to putting uggla on third
-
07 Rockies= 03 Marlins?
I would say one of the best comparisons is the defense. The year the Marlins won they had one of the best D's and now that is true for the Rockies.
-
Moneyball is wrong
Thats why scouting is so important many attributes cannot be measured with stats. A players desire to win cannot be measured on a 1-5 scale.
-
Talk About a Tool
wow 8 million votes... I wonder why nobody is mentioning the fact that you could of voted more than once. The whole voting process was a joke.
-
All Choke Team
Wheres Richie Sexson
-
Opinion: Single Season HR Total
I was thinking about this as I read an article about A-Rod. Currently, the list of best single season HR totals looks like this: Player / Year / HR 1. Roger Maris / 1961 / 61 2. Babe Ruth / 1927 / 60 3. Ryan Howard / 2006/ 58 With Ryan Howard's 58 HR last season and A-Rod's torrid pace this season, there will come a time when a hitter nears passing Maris' mark of 61. There is little doubt in my mind (and I believe in the mind's of most) that Barry, McGwire, and Sosa were all juicing when they put up those absurd numbers. Therefore, do you think a "legit" passing of 61 should get any media attention? Obviously it won't go in the record books, but should we as fans honor that season, if and when it happens? I fixed the list there to how it should read Hank Greenberg hit 58
-
Overall thoughts.
How about the killer season Uggla is having!
-
Hanley
Hanley Ramirez AVG OBP SLG OPS Batting 1st .343 .425 .543 .968 Batting 3rd .286 .325 .468 .793 Alfonso Soriano AVG OBP SLG OPS Batting #1 .289 .354 .574 .928 Batting #3 .264 .315 .458 .773 Hmmm....
-
Attendance
Year Averages Record Finish 2001 15,000 76-86 4th East 2002 10,000 75-87 4th East 2003 16,000 91-71 2nd East/WS 2004 22,091 83-79 3rd East 2005 22,792 83-79 3rd East 2006 14,384 78-84 4th East/Fire Sale 2007 18,813 14-15 3rd East The attendance was steadily rising!!! We were climbing out of the cellar until the fire sale! What other professional franchise has treated there team and for that matter their fans like this? Any thoughts?
-
No Love for Reed
He looks so young I question if he's slept with anyone's mom. If he has I'm sure the act was done in the traditional way. Him on top. If he was on the bottom there would be a pretty good chance he'd be crushed or for sure have the wind knocked out of him. . . WTF
-
Is a Petition Possible
I wonder if Marlins fans petitioned to keep Cabrera and or Willis if enough pressured was applied Selig would have to force his hand and make sure they stay...Maybe its time we tell Selig enough is enough! Any thoughts?
-
No Love for Reed
I dont understand this whole Eric Reed thing. Two years ago he was rated one of our top ten prospects. How could he of fallen so far? They have never really given him are fair shot. Whats the deal?
-
Hunter to be suspended from baseball for 3+ years?
I wonder what Pete Rose will say and/or think if Hunter gets off.
-
Ban Pasta from CF!
why did they even bother calling up Reed? I actually kind of feel bad for the guy, when are they going to give him a chance.
-
Who did you root for?
I was the biggest Mariners fan because of Ken Griffey Jr.
-
Who's like Jackie
Many analysts think that there is not a player who possesed Jackie Robinsons combination of defense, baserunning, and pure hitting skills. I disagree though! There are many players in todays game that are just as or even more of a complete player than JR. Just on the top of my head I would say Vlad Guerrero, Carlos Beltran, and Alex Rodriguez. Any thoughts?
-
Hunter vs. Baez
anyone know where to find a video clip of when torri hunter, threw a ball at Dannys Baez after getting hit by a pitch.
-
Darin Erstad?
Preston Wilson anyone
-
Alex Rios
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/R/Alexis-Rios.shtml Alex Rios On The Block ESPN's Buster Olney reports in his blog that the Blue Jays are willing to trade right fielder Alex Rios, who turns 26 in February. The Blue Jays are in search of one more quality starter to pair with Roy Halladay, A.J. Burnett, Gustavo Chacin, and perhaps Casey Janssen or Shaun Marcum. It's a necessity in the AL East. Back in 2004, Baseball America ranked Rios sixth among all prospects, between Rickie Weeks and Kaz Matsui. Rios earned a promotion to Toronto without mastering Triple A, and his growth kind of stagnated for two years. He played some center field while Vernon Wells was out, and also served as the leadoff hitter for a while. Before the breakout, many teams tried to pry Rios away. The Nats talked about a Rios for Nick Johnson deal in December of 2004. You can bet Jim Bowden would love him in CF, but doesn't have the goods for a trade. In the winter of '05, the Rangers were offering Kevin Mench for Rios while the Nats countered with Brad Wilkerson. The much-awaited breakout happened this year, as Rios mashed at .330/.383/.585 for 270 ABs leading up to his June 29th leg injury (staph infection). He returned on July 28th and hit .261/.297/.411 thereafter. It was an ugly couple of months but he did bounce back in September. Some projections for '07: Ron Shandler: .293/.337/.500 Bill James: .286/.336/.442 On his glovework, The Fielding Bible wrote: "Rios is an excellent defender, a five-tool player with outstanding range and speed and a strong, accurate arm suited for right field. The Jays would love to switch him to center field where he is a better offensive fit, but they have a Gold Glover in Vernon Wells entrenched there." With Ichiro now in center, Rios may be baseball's best defensive RF. Olney mentions a few trade possibilities: to the Dodgers for Brad Penny, to the A's for Joe Blanton, or to the Mets for a package of young guys. Olney didn't bring up the White Sox, but there could be an excellent fit. The Sox could use Rios in center in 2007, and perhaps shift him back to right in '08 if Jermaine Dye leaves.
-
Marlins interested in Upton
what would our lineups look like. I wonder? I like Hanley at the top followed by uggs. I wonder what else.