Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wild Card

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wild Card

  1. That would be a pleasant surprise. Regardless of what he says publicly, he clearly would rather be somewhere else. That, combined with rapidly declining talent, means we're looking at an ERA closer to 5. He'll be the guy that comes out of the rotation when Jose comes back, if Phelps or Hand haven't already taken his spot sooner. I'd be surprised if Haren is that bad. I'd also be extremely surprised, shocked really, if Capps AND Dyson are both left off the 25 man roster.
  2. ​91 degrees by the time Jeff Baker came up to bat. Also: holy shit, that awful lineup scored THIRTEEN runs that day. Look at that starting pitcher. That's an Allstar lineup against s soft tossing lefty...
  3. Which is so bad. I'd honestly rather have Pavano and his in-game nonsensical rant during the Fiers fiasco over Preston. The fucked up part is I like Preston, he's just that bad.
  4. I wanna say he had that opt out thing last year too. Somebody did. I remember Frisaro reporting that some non roster guy was informed he was making the team early because of an opt out date. It had to have been Reed. This is correct. At the very least he gets to audition for the rest of the league.
  5. I remember them mentioning a second hitting coach, glad to see that it's Lenny. Hopefully he can help out Ichiro. Well that's somethjng I nevr thought is say...
  6. ​He works for ESPN. He is David Shoenfield!?!?
  7. I never got em that cheap, but like $120 or so was the best I found. Absolutely right though, ain't no better way to catch a game than all you can eat after watching the cages, sitting next to the dugout, getting to say what's up to the guys and the coaches, getting all the beer you can drink... The best.
  8. Yea, Dunn can be frustrating, but for the most part he is pretty damn solid. I'm happy about this, and it's nice to see some stability in the franchise. It's also nice to see the team continuing to reap benefits from a trade that feels like a lifetime ago.
  9. Wut Leiter and Johnson are best friends. That's what I took from that.
  10. even though one of the main purposes of the huge tax payer funded stadium was so that our payroll would increase. This. That's the only problem I have with the stadium deal. We had a terrible lease at Sun Life Stadium that didn't give us any revenue for parking, concessions, etc and on top of that we had to pay to play there. The new ballpark changed all these things yet somehow our payroll is in the same exact fucking spot and the team still cries that it can't spend? The team saved up all its cash from the cost cutting teams of '06 and beyond to pay for the $130M stadium contribution, I understood that's what had to happen to make the deal. But they are not paying down a debt; it's paid. They are not having problems with a lease or limited revenue streams; it's all theirs. So what's the fucking excuse? Are they using these years to save up for the long term Jose/Yelich/Ozuna deals? If so, that's fine, but that better be the fucking case. End rant.
  11. I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat. It is 2015. 2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+ 2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+ WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna) There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins. I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster. I know its just splitting hairs and you probably weren't meaning it so literally but Ichiro is still good enough to be more than just a name. When called upon, even in a limited role this year, he is more than capable of still being productive. Plus we needed his AARP card for discounts on hotels and restaurants for road trips.
  12. This was a nice little fluff piece before pitchers and catchers....
  13. Shields is not accepting a short-term deal. Which makes sense at his age, you always max out the dollars. I'd be surprised if he signs for less than 4/80.
  14. Wouldn't mind Shields but do not think he is overall necessary, and it would be heavily dependent on the cost. He's absolutely necessary in order to have a real shot at making the postseason. I don't know about that, but I certainly think it pushes us from a possible contender to a very likely almost certain contender.
  15. I would offer a 1/$25M and let him test the market again next year. We have the payroll space this year..:
  16. That'd be 100% pointless. After signing Morse, yes. Before that I would hardly say that's an original thought... Lol
  17. Dietrich or Bour This would probably make more sense if they platoon with Baker, but the Marlins have clearly shown that they don't care for platoons if they can avoid them. They already had Garrett Jones (which is, realistically, the type of production you're going to get from Dietrich/Bour), and they opted to sign someone else despite having Jones under contract. If Morse gets injured, I think they'd want to give Ichiro more AB's as opposed to these other alternatives. Well they're going to have to find Baker AB's so against LHP he should be the guy no matter what. It's anyone's guess after that but against RHP it SHOULD be Bour or Dietrich. I totally agree that might not be the reality, but it absolutely should be.
  18. Dietrich or Bour
  19. Wildturd wins. He will find some way to say this is nonsensical trash and I need to buy a ticket back to shit city.Because it is nonsensical trash. I made no statement overall outside of pointing out that you made the absolute statement of "It's all but certain it must have been a very small field and a very bad district" which you have absolutely no way of fucking knowing.We both made assumptions and have absolutely no way of fucking knowing. But people don't hit nearly .600 with nearly 30 homers and over 100 RBI in 25 fucking games without something being off. Those numbers are the definition of inflated. He hit .595 with 88 hits, so he averaged like 6 plate appearances a game in 7 inning games... I imagine his team must not have been facing the best competition. I once watched a kid named Chad Colestock pitch a perfect game with 15 K's against a 6A team in SoFla. The catch was he faced Booker T Washington and it was only 5 innings because they won on mercy rule after scoring like 20 runs. Moral is there's always a catch when it's too good to be real, like a random kid striking out every batter he faces during the course of an entire game... Except I didn't make any assumptions. At all. He played at a time when juiced bats were legal and played in an area that is plentiful in prep talent. All I did was point out why your assumption was ridiculous considering you have no idea. Notice, I never even said you were wrong. I pointed out your absolute statement was absurd. How can you have watched so much high school baseball(if what you say is true) and still know absolutely nothing about the game? That is mind boggling to me. Yet my assumption is not ridiculous. It's completely logical. The only thing that's ridiculous is you. For someone who thinks they are so smart, you're so fucking retarded.
  20. Wildturd wins. He will find some way to say this is nonsensical trash and I need to buy a ticket back to shit city. Because it is nonsensical trash. I made no statement overall outside of pointing out that you made the absolute statement of "It's all but certain it must have been a very small field and a very bad district" which you have absolutely no way of fucking knowing.We both made assumptions and have absolutely no way of fucking knowing. But people don't hit nearly .600 with nearly 30 homers and over 100 RBI in 25 fucking games without something being off. Those numbers are the definition of inflated. He hit .595 with 88 hits, so he averaged like 6 plate appearances a game in 7 inning games... I imagine his team must not have been facing the best competition. I once watched a kid named Chad Colestock pitch a perfect game with 15 K's against a 6A team in SoFla. The catch was he faced Booker T Washington and it was only 5 innings because they won on mercy rule after scoring like 20 runs. Moral is there's always a catch when it's too good to be real, like a random kid striking out every batter he faces during the course of an entire game...
  21. Wildturd wins. He will find some way to say this is nonsensical trash and I need to buy a ticket back to shit city. You do need to buy a ticket there, actually. Your mother and I are worried sick here in Shit City. Miami? Kidding.
  22. Caminero will still be with us if he clears waivers correct?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.