Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wild Card

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wild Card

  1. Canha could have been EASILY protected.
  2. Wasn't able to get off work, pretty pissed about it actually. I'll be there Wednesday.
  3. Why's our bullpen all of a sudden a concern? We should be fine.
  4. Letting Canha go was dumb.
  5. I wouldn't call that an X factor, I would call that a... Wild Card? Lmao isn't that the same shit in this case? The moral of the story is if so facto I'm Dee Gordon. Hide your daughters.
  6. I wouldn't call that an X factor, I would call that a... Wild Card?
  7. Didn't Josh Johnson come back after only 10 months? Am I arguing with a fake article?
  8. 2015 AL Rookie of the Year Brian Flynn leads Royals to AL title. Just wait. (Kidding)
  9. I love that everyone was in on it. It's nice to have baseball laugh with us and not at us. They're laughing at the Phillies 👍
  10. I'd go with Martin Prado as the X factor. If he can just be himself, he brings a strong bat and glove to third with the ability to play so many positions should we need that versatility. He can literally bat anywhere in the lineup. If Dee isn't what the Marlins (and I) hoped, Yelich can always slide into the leadoff spot with Prado to follow and you still have an extremely productive top of the lineup. But if Prado isn't himself it's not likely something we overcome IMO. Despite how much I love Dee, Prado was our biggest acquisition offensively and defensively IMO.
  11. Lol @ Rafael Furcal. Talk about epic fail.
  12. Thankfully all our guys are healthy, that's the most important thing. Hopefully it stays that way.
  13. This Was not any big loss.
  14. I would not at all be surprised if they DFA Crow if they feel someone else gives them a better chance to win. This front office continues to show they're going to be different, and if winning is the most important thing, I will not be shocked if they just go with the best guys regardless of dollars.
  15. ​He has a career .311 OBP. That is horrid. How about that past 3-4 years? It's easy to forget how young he made it up to the bigs. ​2011-.288 2012-.288 2013-.338 2014-.320 2013 was his best in that time frame and it is mediocre at best. Better than John Buck, Miguel Olivo, etc etc.
  16. ​He has a career .311 OBP. That is horrid. How about that past 3-4 years? It's easy to forget how young he made it up to the bigs.
  17. Was that tweet real life?
  18. You guys know I was being sarcastic with the defense comment right? Offensively we know Salty is going to swing and miss. But when he connects there's some pop there and he does get on base. Hopefully this year the offense can be more consistent. There's ability there, hopefully we get some better results throughout the entire year.
  19. Brignac has strong spring numbers, Kelly has legit major league versatility, and Sizemore just hasn't done anything to stand out. Sizemore is simply behind those two right now, I'd even say behind Solano and maybe Valdespin too. As for the backup SS, Redmond just really wants a solid backup SS on his bench so we just "need" one because Red said so. I also doubt they wanna toy with Dees position at this point. That spot is so wide open I'll differ to the professionals to make the right choice without offering much of an opinion. Based on what I've been reading it sounds like its down to Brignac, Kelly and Valdespin. Hopefully Solano being the incumbent means absolutely nothing.
  20. But seriously. Nats rotation is disgusting. I think our infield is so significantly improved that we could have the best lineup in the East when it's all said and done, but it all starts with the rotation. We have a ton of potential in that dept, they have serious resumes. ​Not gonna lie, you are a sexy bastard. It's a good thing too, I'm not much of a thinker.
  21. But seriously. Nats rotation is disgusting. I think our infield is so significantly improved that we could have the best lineup in the East when it's all said and done, but it all starts with the rotation. We have a ton of potential in that dept, they have serious resumes.
  22. Keep in mind I haven't looked at our spring numbers. Any reason Brignac, and Kelly to a lesser extent, get so much love over Scott Sizemore? You really don't need a SS on the bench considering Hech is going to see 162 games if healthy and Dee can slide over in a pinch until they would be able to call someone up. Very interested to see who gets that final spot. With Mathis' bat being useless off the bench, especially if we carry an extra pitcher, this bench spot could be critical.
  23. Isn't it deserved to a certain extent? And I don't dislike Loria fwiw.
  24. ​ Some of you really must not understand how limited major league catching talent is. Salty is not very good, but in comparison to the league, he's not as bad as you guys make him seem. And none of you acknowledge the possibility that he could improve on last year. ​But you don't acknowledge that there's a very real possibility we get the post all-star break 2014 Salty for the entire year this year Do you really think he's going to hit .185/.260/.350 this season (not sure what the slash was but you know what I mean)? Is that REALLY a very real possibility?
  25. Some of you really must not understand how limited major league catching talent is. Salty is not very good, but in comparison to the league, he's not as bad as you guys make him seem. And none of you acknowledge the possibility that he could improve on last year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.