Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gomarlins9703

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gomarlins9703

  1. gomarlins9703 replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Yea, mlbtraderumors miss-read the article
  2. This scares me a little. Hopefully Cabrera will stay.
  3. Can we please pace ourselves? We've already gone through Bonds and A-Rod and Free Agency hasn?t even begun yet. At what point does dreaming about the impossible become depressing?
  4. It's just not happening. People just like to throw it out there because he's from down here. What a team were gonna have next year. Bonds, A-Rod, Cabrera, Ramirez......
  5. Why the hell did we let Garcia slip through? Thank God Reggie's gone.
  6. Would Miggy, Alfredo, and Uggla's behavior in the dugout count as childish? Are they referring to those guys specifically? Those guys were always playing around with each other. I don't think it's a big deal. I was thinking the same thing. All that matters to me is their performance on the field. I remember Alfredo saying something once about how Cabrera is playful off the field, but once he steps on it, he's very serious and focused. What I think they are implying is off the field behavior (on the plane, partying, etc.). I think Alfredo has nothing to do with the behavior problems. I think these problems are more along the lines of Uggla, Olsen, Cabrera and others.
  7. HOUSTON -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Trent Green suffered a concussion and was taken off the field on a stretcher Sunday after trying to throw a block against Houston. He went to a hospital for observation, but returned to the stadium after the game. The Dolphins remained winless after falling to the Texans 22-19. The 37-year-old Green was sidelined for more than half of last season for the Kansas City Chiefs after sustaining a concussion in the opener. The Dolphins had the ball at the Texans 25-yard line when Green tried to pitch the ball to Ted Ginn Jr. The rookie fumbled, then picked the ball up and reversed field as the defense chased him. Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson hit Green in the head with his knee before Ginn was tackled by Anthony Weaver. After the play ended, Johnson stood over Green and taunted him, drawing a 15-yard penalty. Green lay still for several seconds as medical staff rushed to check on him. The Dolphins gathered near midfield and kneeled to pray a few feet away. Green was strapped to a stretcher and carted off as both teams crowded around him. He was moving his arms on the field. Green was acquired by the Dolphins in June. It was the second serious injury in the last two games at Reliant Stadium. Two weeks ago, Houston defensive tackle Cedric Killings was taken off the field on a stretcher after getting hit on a special teams play. Killings broke a vertebrae in his neck and was hospitalized for five days. Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press Good to see that he appears to be fine. Hopefully he realizes his life is more important than this and he retires. The Dolphins should not allow him to take the field again.
  8. I agree with the organization here. This goes back to the foolish behavior and discipline. These players need to learn to speak up when they are hurt. Look what it's done to Sanchez and De Aza this year. As for the behavior of the players it's very disappointing to hear. These are major league players and this in unacceptable. It's even more unacceptable that the people in charged allowed this to go on.
  9. Of course it would help the team. He would essentially replace Jake and Willy would go to first. Having that OBP infront of Cabs would be scarry. And Cody is the perfect type of player to back up Bonds on his off days. That being said, he's a jackass, so stay away.
  10. What I am saying is that should be an option be being tossed around by the people making the decsions entering the offseason.
  11. With all the bullpen depth it looks like we're gonna have next year, what do you guys think of turning Kevin Gregg back into a starter? Depending on what other possibilities are out there via free agency/ trade I think this should be considered, if not for at least half a year, depending on how well he does until Sanchez is healthy/ Hernandez/ Volstad are ready. Gardner should also be concidered for this role. I do think that by the time ST comes around there will no be a need for Gregg in the rotation, however I think it should be looked at now. I think this team will sign a veteran 5th starter. It will be interesting to see how the nine arms we have in the pen shape out for next year. It's a strange situation in that none of the 9 belong in the minors, the value of trading any of them would be limited, and that with injuries it would not be intelligent to ship off any arms. Also, we must be prepared for one on Gardner/ Miller having a fluke year this year. (Gardner being more likely). I'd be happy with Gardner having an ERA in the 3.5-4 range next year. I think the front office has a lot of tough decisions to make this off-season. We have a lot of parts but figuring out where to place them and which ones are spare able will not be an easy decision. At this point, outside of trading Cabs, I have no problem with any move this team makes, as there are numerous directions to go in, and I'm eager to see the end result.
  12. How the f*** does CB Bucknor get assigned to the playoffs?
  13. Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez had surgery Wednesday morning to repair his left shoulder, which he has dislocated in the past. Ramirez is expected to be ready for spring training, according to his agent, Andy Mota. The shortstop finished with a .332 average, hit 29 home runs and stole 51 bases for the Marlins this season. He was voted the team's Most Valuable Player by members of the South Florida chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America. Ramirez partially dislocated the shoulder on a swinging miss in July and missed several games as a result. He said at the time he would consider undergoing the procedure following the season. The surgery performed Wednesday was similar to that performed on former Marlin second baseman Luis Castillo when he suffered the same type of injury. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_n...ory/259044.html
  14. Who gives a sh*t what he does in the offseason?
  15. I forget, around when can we expect JJ back? 2009.
  16. Hopefully the'll do better than they did with the All-Star selection show. That was awful. I felt like I was watching Sun Sports. Gwynn and Ripken are just about as boring as they get too.
  17. I like the way he speaks. He usually doesn't usually take as hard of a stance as he took in this article. I appreciate how he acknowledged that Olsen sucked and that people need to step up. As for Floyd. Don't see it happening. We don't need an OF, unless we trade Jake and move Willy to 1B. Even then Floyd seems very meh to me. Also, the way Admin talks makes me think he believes that Miggy and Willis will be back. Of course, it's not his decision. I have a good feeling about this off season.
  18. These are the 6th picks overall in the MLB Draft since 1997 Geoff Goetz Ryan Mills Josh Girdley Rocco Baldelli Josh Karp Zack Greinke Ryan Harvey Jeremy Sowers Ricky Romero Andrew Miller Ross Detwiler Only heard of 4 of them
  19. lol Hanley rules. Sticking his tongue out at Mets fans
  20. So more great news !!! Dolphins lose. Dolphins lose. Dolphins lose !!!!!!!! I love it. Even better that Culpepper shoved it up their ass. Have a fun football season Wayne! Hope people ditch your team and you can't sell season tickets next year and rip people off for parking.
  21. Willis HAS to lead the league in giving runs back
  22. Loria's quote on the stadium issue in today's PBP: Loria said about the team's efforts to get a new stadium: "There will be some news about that soon.'' He would not elaborate. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...ahead_0930.html
  23. Rock on Hanley :devil I don't think Fredi can stop him from taking the field tomorow.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.