Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mcwkm

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mcwkm

  1. I'm sorry, but I have had it with this orginization and I will continue to speak until someone in this managment gets the picutre! $30 mil revenue sharing $25 mil mlb.com THAT MONEY IS SUPPOSED TO GO TOWARDS YOUR TEAM SALARY, NOT AN ART BUILDING IN NEW HAVEN! at least make this team respectable, that's all I ask. hey those buildings at yale in new haven are nice have you been to them? just view it as a $15 mill payroll and a $40 mill laundry bill
  2. I can tell you right now Mitre will not be traded. The only arm we have that we can afford to rid and will give us enough value in return is Gregg. We have way too many questions in the rotation with injuries and MLB readiness to deal him. exactly
  3. dont you mean without a premier bat behind him and ya wasnt one of those records most strikeouts Yes, I meant behind him. And it isn't unusual for a team to score a lot of runs/hit a lot of homers to K alot. ya but you can score just as many runs without striking out a ton and hitting alot of homers. DS is not built for team that relies on homers to score
  4. Oooooo, I want to play this game. Here's my lineup: CF: Cameron Maybin RF: Jeremy Hermida SS: Superman Jesus LF: Hammer 2B: Dan Uggla 1B: Mike Jacobs 3B: Jorge Cantu C: Treanor/Rabelo P: Doug Waechter id rather have hanley play ss than jesus What are you talking about? THEY'RE THE SAME f***ING PERSON! hanley>jesus Like I said, I see your perspective. You saw my lineup from your eyes, and maybe that's the best way to go. I'm just hesitant to mess with a good thing... Last year we set franchise records in many offensive categories with Uggla as the mainstay in the 2-hole and Hermida showed signs of being one of the best potential 3/4 hitters in the NL. The more I think about it, the more it could go either way. I just can't see Uggla having too much success without a premier bat in front of him. dont you mean without a premier bat behind him and ya wasnt one of those records most strikeouts
  5. i can see mitre being traded but id rather have him take some innings away from other arms this year to give them more seasoning if not him a cheap vet
  6. Oooooo, I want to play this game. Here's my lineup: CF: Cameron Maybin RF: Jeremy Hermida SS: Superman Jesus LF: Hammer 2B: Dan Uggla 1B: Mike Jacobs 3B: Jorge Cantu C: Treanor/Rabelo P: Doug Waechter id rather have hanley play ss than jesus
  7. jesus h christ Uggla has absolutely no business being in the top 5 You're gonna argue with the numbers? Hitting in front of Miguel, now Hanley, helps him amazingly. He's a straight fastball hitter. Where's he gonna see more of those than in the two spot? wouldnt you want a on base machine in the 2 hole above him Who do we have to be that guy? I'd rather have him at the 2 and drive in Maybin with doubles and homers. His OBP was sh*t this past year, and Ramirez still almost led the league in runs. Granted Miguel hit third, but you could easily say the same thing could happen with Maybin and Ramirez. be that guy? the one with a clue? hermida is an on base machine and can also knock in maybin and have jacobs, hammer, and uggla behind hanley in the 4-6 spots
  8. I don't see a way Nolasco doesn't start in the rotation. With JJ and Anibal recovering, we don't have a ton of experienced options. Anibal may be ready, but still... i see him and olsen(if he doesnt put up some numbers this year) in the bullpen mix with mitre traded away once the younger arms are ready
  9. mcwkm replied to Ramp's topic in Sports
    How'd you get to talk to him, Ramp? just curious Him and I go to the same shoe shiner so you both were just happened to go get your shoes shined since that question was asked ramp?
  10. jesus h christ Uggla has absolutely no business being in the top 5 You're gonna argue with the numbers? Hitting in front of Miguel, now Hanley, helps him amazingly. He's a straight fastball hitter. Where's he gonna see more of those than in the two spot? wouldnt you want a on base machine in the 2 hole above him
  11. It doesn't even have a first name, it just says McLovin! For some reason I found that funny. Miller for sure. Trahern very strong chance despite what people say on here I understand that you are his friend, but you seem to know a lot more, understandibly, about Dallas, than you do about the Marlins current situation. It is tough to say somebody has a very strong chance to be in the rotation on opening day when you dont know much about the organization he is a part of. Easy and fair to speak of that player, but not the organization. One you know, the other you dont. considering trahern actually has a full season at AA i would say he has a chance to crack the rotation unless they are extremely impressive in spring i would consider the list of starters to be RVH mitre olsen miller gaby trahern barone nolasco sanchez(if hes ready) I don't see Barone having any flippin' chance. i dont really either but i put him there because i wouldnt be suprised if he does good in spring and enough of the others do bad/are not ready opening day he could start as the fifth starter. just added him because he has the best chance of the other guys in AA and AAA that have put up a decent number of innings above A-ball
  12. It doesn't even have a first name, it just says McLovin! For some reason I found that funny. Miller for sure. Trahern very strong chance despite what people say on here I understand that you are his friend, but you seem to know a lot more, understandibly, about Dallas, than you do about the Marlins current situation. It is tough to say somebody has a very strong chance to be in the rotation on opening day when you dont know much about the organization he is a part of. Easy and fair to speak of that player, but not the organization. One you know, the other you dont. considering trahern actually has a full season at AA i would say he has a chance to crack the rotation unless they are extremely impressive in spring i would consider the list of starters to be RVH mitre olsen miller gaby trahern barone nolasco sanchez(if hes ready)
  13. i wouldnt mind seeing an opening day rotation of miller mitre olsen RVH trahern if the defense improves
  14. mcwkm replied to Ramp's topic in Sports
    i think its more common for pitchers to come back from TJ surgey then a torn labrum great info like always ramp
  15. Not the worst idea in the world. If it doesn't work out, hopefully Coughlan is ready to come up by the All Star break and Uggla can shift to 3rd. I dont think "hopefully" and "Uggla can shift to 3rd" should be used in the same sentence. He would be a butcher over there. I've read a lot of respected sources who think that Uggla would be a much better defender at third than second. speculation is crap. I'd rather see it to believe it. Ummmmm, there really isnt any way of seeing it unless Uggla was at third. I cant tell if you realize this or not, I realize it seems obvious, but I cant tell how much of the obvious you dont understand right now. It seems like you dont want Uggla at third, but you want to see it to believe it. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll........ still dont see uggla with the arm to play third
  16. The Fish trying to get cash anyway they can. I'm not familiar with Rule 5 picks. Is this a normal practice to sell your selection for cash? Maybe they can put the team name up for auction. How does the "Florida Best Buys" sound to you? so exactly like the new york red bull but without the corp owning the team
  17. The Fish trying to get cash anyway they can. I'm not familiar with Rule 5 picks. Is this a normal practice to sell your selection for cash? its been done in the past but consider there were alot of players in the draft that could have helped this team its suprising
  18. Eric- you are killing yourself throughout this thread. How accurate do you really expect to be able to project a guy's minor league stats into MLB reality when he has a total of six games above A ball? As for "he will at least catch balls," I saw him play in the AFL and he runs a skinny post to just about every ball. He will be thrown out there, and he will struggle, because he has 'a total of six games above A ball." His primary qualification is that he looks like he should be good. I am inherently suspicious of "can't miss" prospects that have not played much, and have yet to show the earmarks of a major league hitter. Funny thing is, once he's on the team I might be in a position of liking what I see and have to read a million "ZOMG he sucks!" threads because he didn't walk on water right away. HE'S GOT AN .884 OPS IN HIS MiLB CAREER. HE HAS PRODUCED. THIS ISN'T THE PRODUCT OF ALL HYPE. HE PRODUCED MUCH MORE SO THAN HANLEY EVER DID IN THE MINORS! Well said. No one seems to remember that Hanley was all "tools" and no stats. Whereas the illustrious Yusmerio Petit was all stats and no tools. It's not realistic to think Maybin, much less anyone, will produce anything even close to what Hanley did his rookie year (and beyond). But Maybin DOES have all the "tools" and he has the minor league stats that are very impressive. Unless he looks completely lost in ST, there's no reason he shouldn't be thrown out there. He doesn't have to be the savior to this lineup (yet)...so throw him to the wolves. He'll be fine. We finally have the CF that most people here have been dying for. I don't see the logic in taking a toolsy kid who isn't ready and wasting a year of his MLB time. I agree that he has all the tools you could possibly want, but if they wait on him he will be that impact player and be cheap at the same time. Otherwise he will end up getting traded while coming into his prime like Miggy. (ZERO comparison to Miggy other than the fact that he's awesome and "unaffordable") anyone else remember what throwing logan kensing to the wolves did to him?
  19. The Marlins need to keep Amezaga why? keep andino out of MLB
  20. To take over for Boone, sure. Didn't Olsen and Helms have problems this season though? who does olsen have a problem with
  21. at least we never heard of marlins talking to mets about willis
  22. put me at third ill keep the baserunners from coming near the bag by putting out cigs on them
  23. i would like to see justin miller and gardner to go along with gregg before they stop producing also really dont see RVH going to the bullpen if he makes the club. i think beinfest sees him as a starter and would give him innings in the minors to work on that control rather than stick him in the bullpen
  24. Gaby Sanchez will be at 3B well, he won't be any worse than Cabs was with the glove 133 games 11 error I think it's a little better than Cab I see 45 games, 11 errors, with only 2005 errors listed http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/Gaby-Sanchez.shtml wow thats strange id figure that would be the season without fielding stats listed
  25. what city wants to lose a professional sports team? even if they are a joke

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.