Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RoundingThird

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RoundingThird

  1. By the way 2003, I got word from Jonathan Mayo (MiLB.com writer) and he thinks that Bowyer may be having elbow issues as well.
  2. My apologies 2003, it is indeed his shoulder.
  3. For my money, it's Drabek followed by Conger and Marrero in that order Any of those 3 and Im a happy camper
  4. RoundingThird replied to Lefty's topic in Sports
    Tuesday
  5. he had one game at the pros before that what had he done? Not gonna write him off but not going to claim him to be the second coming huh?
  6. "We werent to happy about that. I dont know if he's going to be slapping five with everybody after he goes 0 for 15 and the New York fans are booing him", Giants reliever, Steve Klein. Marlins made the right move in not getting Milledge. I think he's good (MLB starter) but will never be a star. Honestly, I think he's overrated. Why are you so down on him? He has done nothing but perform at every level and oh yea, he is 21 years old.
  7. He's not loaded with talent. He's a pitcher with no talent that somehow made it out of A-ball when he never should of. He wont get anything in a trade and he will never help this team win. I have watched him pretty much his entire career. He doesnt have the ability to pitch in MLB baseball. :plain Please stop. It seems like this is all you talk about. We understand that you dont like Sergio Mitre.
  8. I did not enjoy it. Then again, I went into the movie thinking it was going to be another Wedding Crashers. Oops. Not much comedy in the movie other than what they show in the commercials + 1 other Favreau-Vaughn bar scene. Using Mr Passion's scale, Id give it a 2/5, 3 tops. I guess as far as romantic comedies go, Id say it wasnt bad but I went in thinking it was going to be something else. Id much rather see Hitch again.
  9. Hey Wild, just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the effort you put into this thread, I enjoy reading it everyday and I'm sure plenty others do too. Thanks ! :thumbup No problem man. I've actually been in the hospital 2 times in 3 days....shortness of breath. I got my blood drwan so hopefully they will find out what it is. Hopefully, its just anxiety and stress. But nothing can mess with the Marlins! :thumbup Also, Chris Aguila is hitting well in AAA again. He has 7 RBIs in 6 games. Why can't he perform like that in the bigs? Probably because he doesnt get consisten playing time?
  10. God forbid he show some enthusiasm after hitting a homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the 10th and his team down a run. And oh yea, it was his 1st career homerun. Oh the horror!
  11. How is Campusano? Haven't heard much about him lately... DL
  12. I believe he still has elbow issues.
  13. Ya'll are dissing Hayes big time. He doesnt exactly have the upside as some of these other prospects do.
  14. No way of knowing. The boy needs to get his head on straight first. See: Josh Hamilton
  15. David Wright's gotta be up there as well and Alfonso Soriano(even if he team stinks)
  16. I would add in Harvey Garcia. Yea, his era is at 3.54 right now, but those 38k in 28 innings to 7 walks is awesome.
  17. He is at home with his family in Massachusetts. Still has plenty of time to get his life back together, and that is most important.
  18. hey Holly and Co ESPN had "things around the majors" in the 9th inning of tonights Indians-Angels game "7 multi-hr games today, Chris Young with a good outing, Marlins win 9/12" They then went on to talk about the Marlins, Hanley, Cabs, Willis, Uggla for the next 8 minutes or so. I figured you guys would enjoy that considering how much crap y'all like to give ESPN. They aren't out to get the Marlins, I promise. Gammons: "If the Marlins decide to trade Willis, they will get an absolute haul from the Dodgers or Diamondbacks. Cabrera wont be traded. Willis only goes if the Marlins think they can get 3 pieces for a championship team in 2 years." it was actually closer to 2-3 minutes, and it was basically just in-game chatter in a then-14-0 blowout, with peter gammons doing most of the chatting. It was a good portion of the 9th inning... must have felt like 8 minutes. Either way, it was nice to hear. :thumbup
  19. AND They confirmed Dontrelle and Cabs will not be going in there unless w e get the King's Ransom and then some. ...which is nothing new. Listen, the haul of prospects the Marlins would get for Dontrelle Willis from Los Angeles or Arizona would be absolutely awesome. They would get 2-3 legit prospects who would fit in nicely with the rest of a very good core.
  20. hey Holly and Co ESPN had "things around the majors" in the 9th inning of tonights Indians-Angels game "7 multi-hr games today, Chris Young with a good outing, Marlins win 9/12" They then went on to talk about the Marlins, Hanley, Cabs, Willis, Uggla for the next 8 minutes or so. I figured you guys would enjoy that considering how much crap y'all like to give ESPN. They aren't out to get the Marlins, I promise. Gammons: "If the Marlins decide to trade Willis, they will get an absolute haul from the Dodgers or Diamondbacks. Cabrera wont be traded. Willis only goes if the Marlins think they can get 3 pieces for a championship team in 2 years."
  21. Joe always seem to bench Reggie after he has a nice day at the plate.
  22. So kind of you, but hey, it takes a man to admit when he's wrong
  23. He shouldnt be in the majors right now but he has looked vastly improved from April to May. His plate discipline is improving (albeit he has regressed the past 3 or 4 games). He isnt going to be consistent. We can just hope he keeps improving. With the defense back, Reggie was just trying to get the ball in play and on the ground. He did the right thing but it went right to the 3B. Atleast it's nice to see him bust his ass down the line. I swear, every groundball he hits is a close play at 1B.
  24. I don't understand what rule 5 means still. so if we send uggla to the minors that means he becomes a free agent and then he can go to the yankees or whoever he wants? why would we want to do that? he is hitting good why would we not trade him for pitchers or something that we need like a CATCHER? Maybe I missed it, but where does it say we would send Dan Uggla to the minors?
  25. He will be with the team tomorrow(if he isnt already)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.