Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RoundingThird

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RoundingThird

  1. Ole Miss won 11-9
  2. I believe the KC Royals closer is Ambiorix Burgos(sp?)
  3. Can't Miggy get some protection? Put Hermida behind him. Hopefully Cody Ross breaks out in a big way tonight.
  4. uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.' I did check his stats and they are very good but I mean overall he doesnt look like the real Jeremy. His plate Discipline has gone down. He doesnt look the same as last year. Maybe its just me but I see something different about him. Holly, the thing with Hermida is that he has always been a pretty big strike out guy. Not Reggie or Borchar strikeout numbers, but still a number pretty close to 100 per year. Also, even this "slumping" Hermida has his OBP at .385 right now. That +.100 from average to on base is very very good.
  5. If the Marlins trade Willis it is nothing less than their way of saying goodbye to South Florida. There is no compensation that would offset the loss of our major league franchise and so those of you who want to trade Willis, I caution you, be careful what you wish for. This fallacy that seems pervasive here that we are in dire need of catching help is ludicrous. On a team that isn't contending we have bigger fish to fry and problems to solve. Sure it would be great to somehow land the next Pudge Fisk but Olivo's done a good job with the righties and Treanor has handled the two lefties pretty well. Olivo's batting over .300 in the team's last ten games and overall is hitting north of .260. I never suggested we needed another catcher(if that was directed at me), but if Dontrelle were to be traded, the main players coming our way would be in the CF/C category. I for one do not have a problem trading Willis if we get the compensation that is being talked about. By the way, here's an idea that hasnt been brought up(I believe). You could always see Hanley move to CF and put Andino at shortstop. IIRC, there was talk of Hanley moving to CF in Boston(because of Renteria), and there are scouts who believe CF is a better option for him. At least we will get the 1st overrall pick in next years draft. We need to build this team around Cabrera, Willis, Ramirez, and Hermida. No we wont.
  6. uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.' Holy stats Beethoven! Where on earth did you come up with the idea to look at what he has done over the past 2 weeks, as opposed to 1 night?!?! Nice find. Anyway, the only thing I am worried about is the fact he is clearly still hobbled. As I believe I stated once before, when he runs he does the whole Kirk "Im real injured but Im busting my ass anyway" Gibson routine.
  7. i think the plan was to keep acquiring top pitchers and then trade select ones to fill in those positional holes in the future The question is when are we going to fill those holes in? This summer- Fall? Next year? Are we waiting to develop our young talent in the minors before we trade them? It's very rare to see high profile minor leaguers traded for one another. I still think the Marlins fill that void in CF and catcher with the trading of Dontrelle Willis. If no Train trade, then I would think the Marlins go after some CF this offseason.
  8. *still hoping that Granderson deal was never proposed/rejected*
  9. RoundingThird replied to JJ24's topic in Off-Topic
    Can't wait. 20 episodes this year!
  10. i just dont understand how they cant adjust to a 91 mile an hour fastball down the middle Have you ever played baseball before?
  11. The difference was the bottom of the 5th, top of the 6th inning. I don't have that big of a problem being aggressive early in a ballgame.
  12. Miggy is kinda struggling. :mischief I believe they said he was 0 for his last 12
  13. Cabrera looks awful right now.
  14. I have not seen Herges in a long time. When did he last pitch? It seems like forever. First game in San Fran
  15. He's looked great so far in his return from Tommy John surgery.
  16. By the way, German made through waivers
  17. You would assume that any one who was smart enough to achieve success in the business of MLB (Admin Beinfest) or someone who accrued great wealth as in the case with Jeff Loria, would realize that you dont trade a player like Willis. Many will site stats or "trading Willis for the right package" as reasons to trade him. Thats not looking at the big picture. Ive said it before and I'll keep saying it. Trading him would be the worst business move/public relations F Up in the history of the organization. I totally disagree. While Dontrelle is a supreme talent and a helluva guy, if you need to move him and you can get 3 upper echelon prospects who fit in the puzzle perfectly, that is something one needs to explore.
  18. Are we comparing 2006 to 2005? Or are we comparing 2006 to the players in their prime?
  19. I know it only take 1 bad outing to raise your ERA by half a point to 10 points in the first month but D-Train is much better then this. Well I think it is better that his ERA is low 4 to mid 3 while dominating so our GM will have a hard time finding a trade. lol... if anything, that would make it easier
  20. Release em both. I wish we could release you.
  21. What kind of pitcher is Wright? Hittable? Looking at his game log, he has been absolutely amazing or absolutely dreadful, no in between. He will be amazing. You are way too doom and gloom.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.