Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Marlin Man

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Marlin Man

  1. The Floyd/Wilson/Lee/Lowell years were the ones where I really became a Marlins fan. Cliff "The Big Fish" Floyd was always my favorite. I know he left on bad terms but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he acted like a spurred lover. I'll always like the guy
  2. excellent job by Team USA hockey!! That was probably the hardest I have ever rooted and cheered for any American team. The game was great and intense from start to finish. I'm not the most knowledgeable hockey fan but I can't imagine a hockey game being much better than that.
  3. No Olympics thread? Maybe if people are interested in any of the events they can post here. I'm currently watching Team USA hockey lay a whoppin on the Swiss 3-0 after two periods. It would be pretty sweet if these young kids could somehow shock Russia or Canada (all but 3 on our squad is new to the Olympics this year). USA ALL THE WAY!
  4. I can't figure out why some of you guys love Brett Carroll so much as we have seen this all before: Reggie Abercrombie played in 146 games for the Marlins and he was 69 for 331 (.208 avg, .593 OPS) with 55 runs scored, 7 homers, 29 RBIs and 13 stolen bases. He was 26 years old in his last season (2007) with the Marlins. Brett Carroll has played in 141 games for the Marlins and he is 43 for 207 (.208 avg, .597 OPS) with 33 runs scored, 3 homers and 21 RBIs. He was 26 years old last season for the Marlins. Look how close those numbers are. I know that I am totally disregarding your point here. But what strikes me the most about your post is the fact that Reggie scored 55 runs while only getting 69 hits. I know he hardly walked. So, for all intents and purposes, he scored a run every time he got on base. That is relatively impressive!!
  5. He is now my favorite player. lol. How do you get caught with that much and a bowl and not be arrested? 3.3 grams is barely anything
  6. i definitely make that trade. You would easily have the best receiving core in your league. On the other side, you still have MJD as a solid #1 RB with McGahee getting all of the TD chances for Baltimore. You never know if Gore will come back full strength. I have him on my team too...and if I were offered this, I would do it in a heart-beat.
  7. if anyone outside of Florida is a dolphins fan you can watch the pre season game here: http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-nfl.html enjoy!
  8. If you can find something that fits your needs in DC, you should absolutely consider living there. For the most part, DC is a very transitional city, meaning that a large part of the population is here for internships or will only be here 5-8 years because of their first job. In large part because of this, DC is a very young, very diverse, very smart city. There's something for everyone here. Granted, I echo other's sentiments here that the program matters first. However, I would be shocked if you couldn't find a perfect program in DC unless it was some sort of specialized laboratory work you're looking to do. DC is the bomb....and you can watch the Fish play like 10 times
  9. omg i just noticed we had so many non-floridians. we have someone from JAPAN! and a lot from DC. Speaking of which, I saw and heard, on TV, a few people celebrate at the game. and am i getting this correctly? a guy from mass. is going to a game in DC with a bunch of Cubans? what are Cubans doing up there and how do they know someone from Mass? As a Cuban, I find this disturbing because I have always been taught there are Cubans everywhere and I thought that was a myth. I am starting to realize that everywhere I go I will never be far from a Cuban. Now, whether that's a good or bad thing is a different story. I'm Cuban...I was born in Miami but moved to Mass when I was 9. Grew up in Mass but spent a lot of time in Miami over the Summers. I don't recall meeting other Cubans in Mass but there are several in DC. DC has a large population of UF alumni so every Cuban I meet here is a UF alumni. I was at the game with three other cubans last night (don't know if you heard us celebrating, only one of us was wearing teal b/c we went out after). Overall I know probablly 10 other cubans here in DC
  10. yeah, i get excited when i have enough quarters to pay a meter
  11. 80% chance i'll be at the game tomorrow Nice. Get some pics! hmmmm, i haven't used my camera in forever....but I'll be going solo tomorrow, so I want to get a seat right behind the marlins dugout. only runs about 70 bucks at the nats stadium (which is beautiful, if you ask me). I'll try to take some decent pics but I don't have a fancy camera.
  12. 80% chance i'll be at the game tomorrow
  13. I was at the game with 3 of my cuban friends. Needless to say, we were loud and repping the Fish. We were second tier, in right field, right behind cody. We gave cody a shout out in the 1st inning, and he nodded. Then when he came to the field after he tied it up with his bomb, we were going nuts and he chuckled and waved his glove to us. I had a great game. What a fun game to be at. So glad Cody has had some luck with the stick. I love Cody, he'll always answer his fans. I remember giving him a chant before a game when we were in the rays tank and him giving us the point and nod. That's pretty cool. Always makes you like your team just that much more when the guys are nice and friendly. hell yeah, it was a fun night. I love our team. We also went nuts for Maybin's nice catch. You can't really beat watching a Marlins win, drinking a few beers and housing a DC classic chili cheese half smoke
  14. I was at the game with 3 of my cuban friends. Needless to say, we were loud and repping the Fish. We were second tier, in right field, right behind cody. We gave cody a shout out in the 1st inning, and he nodded. Then when he came to the field after he tied it up with his bomb, we were going nuts and he chuckled and waved his glove to us. I had a great game. What a fun game to be at. So glad Cody has had some luck with the stick.
  15. Thanks WildMarlinMan.....this is great!
  16. Oh Dodgey... I'm a fish fan in Arlington, VA :thumbup I believe Penguino lives in DC
  17. Emilio...because he was involved in countless rallies....and b/c this may be the only week which we'll be able to vote him fish of the week.
  18. Here in DC the game is going to be shown on TBS. WOOHOOOOO!
  19. This BS with someone else starting the game thread needs to stop. Saying "it's cutting it close" when there are 5 hours left till gametime is unacceptable. back when i first joined this site in like 2002, game threads wouldn't be started until an hour or two before game time. I say a replacement game thread shouldn't be started unless one doesn't exist up to 5 mins before game time. /rant
  20. rich does not look like ben stiller NO ONE looks like ben stiller
  21. Truly terrible. Being killed by another's recklessness. R.I.P Nick
  22. when teams when the WS, they usually give rings to clubhouse guys, batboys, low level peeps in the front office, etc. I'm gonna guess it was one of those peeps
  23. Not worried about Nolasco's start at all. He K'd a batter per inning and had a WHIP of 1.17 for the game. Just made two costly mistakes to Dunn. Pay no attention to his ERA for the game b/c Nolasco was effective in his start
  24. boo get 'em next game Cody

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.