Everything posted by Bucklin12
-
Game 2 thoughts
I think we need to begin a new search for a new manager. He's stupidly stubborn just like Bobby Cox. This isn't the Braves.
-
Game 2 thoughts
Blame lies on 8 runs allowed, including 4 by the bullpen. Blame lies on Lee Gardner giving up 3 in the ninth, and even more blame on Fredi for trying to get more than 3 outs out of him. Bad call by Fredi. Bad pitching most everywhere around. Bad defense. If it wasn't for Uggla and Hanley, this wouldn't have been a win possibility. We deserved to lose.
-
Brian Hill fired as Magic coach
My vote is either Stan Van Gundy, or you ready.... Reggie Theus. He has had a good, yet short career at Nevada, he's looking to coach in the NBA, and has a history with the Magic. I bet this happens.
-
Fredi on 790 right now
There's no use for stats in this argument, like Ramp said, the sample size is too small. I think putting Reggie at the 1 spot most definitely gives him the best chance to succeed, and just might be our best option right now. I would love to see someone like Carroll, or even Hermansen come up and take that spot for awhile, but Reggie has looked better than he ever has in the major leagues. But putting Reggie at 1, gives a 3-4-5-6 heart of Hanley, Miggy, Hammer, and Hermida... and those guys are our run producers. That is a very intimidating stretch for a pitcher... any pitcher. He will do nothing anywhere else in the lineup, unless it's in the front half surrounded by consistent hitters. He's going to have to learn to get on base more, and I think he is deep in that process right now. EDIT: If this was De Aza we were talking about, who was leading off with the exact same production... we would all be falling over our tongues with praises of "how he just makes things happen, just look at our win streak."
-
Good sites to download music?
Yeah, there is some underground stuff that you won't find, but you can request it.
-
Good sites to download music?
http://www.gomusic.ru (which used to be mp3search.ru) It's perfectly legal, and you can dowload most music you are looking for, for anywhere between $.13 to $.19 a song. Since the site is based in Russia, you can get a lot of new releases about 2-3 weeks early, because of the earlier release dates over there. I got the new Wilco CD in March and it just released about a week ago here in the US, and it only cost me about $2.00. This is seriously the best secret out there for downloading music legally. (It's legal because of loose copyright laws that apply in Russia and not the US. You basically are importing a product into the states, just the same as if you would have bought a DVD player in Russia and brought it back with you to the US) The downfalls are that you have to download each song one by one, rather than by album as with iTunes, and you might have to clear the first purchase with your bank first, since it is a Russian purchase.
-
Chris Coghlan
Anyone know anything as far as a timetable on when Chris Coghlan will get pulled up to Jupiter? He has been blistering in May... I think something like a .970 OPS, and amazing with RISP. I would really love to see what he could do in Jupiter, plus we just need infielders to grow in our systerm.
-
Marlins-Phillies feud?
He's better than Uggla. But the one with JJ might be better than Scotty's.
-
If we are in the hunt come July....
Joke.
-
Post Your Vote: Lucy Pinder VS. Katherine Heigl
This one is super tough.... wow. I'm gonna say Heigl.
-
Post Your Vote: Keeley Hazell VS. Katharine McPhee
Keeley. Most definitely.
-
Post Your Vote: Kelly Brook VS. Paz Vega
Kelly Brook. Nipples.
-
If we are in the hunt come July....
Speaking of CF options... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2880144 I bet TB is ready to get this nutcase off their hands.
-
Marlins-Phillies feud?
I've always had an affinity for Olsen and his attitude... I love it. He pitched well and deserved a win yesterday. He struggled early, but he has had 6 straight quality starts and not allowed more than 3 ER in any outing. In that stretch his K/BB ratio has improved greatly to 30/12. I just don't get it... in any other sport, someone gets fired up at an opponet and it's considered competitiveness or 'the will to win.' Baseball is just full of archaic ideas, and Scotty O. defies that, and I love what he brings to games. He's always been good to the organization, and to the fans, unlike past emotional hurlers (AJ), he fires himself up against his opponet, and I wish more guys were willing to carry that same intensity.
-
Young Pitching Prospect Watch
Was anyone at the Jupiter game last night? What happened with those 5 unearned runs against Volstad? Also, a quick note... lefties are hitting .380 of Volstad this year.
-
If we are in the hunt come July....
It is very rare to find a catcher who will fill the defensive void of Olivo and be able to even hit .275. Olivo has one of the best arms in the league, he is durable, and he knows our pitching staff. Olivo will come around and hit .240 - .250 this year with some power... that's about all you can ask for, right now. Fix the CF problem and you have one guy that is hitting below .280 at season's end... I'll take that.
-
Tim Lincecum
Followed by a triple by Loretta... man, I am never posting an in-game thread again.
-
Tim Lincecum
He's pitching against Roy Oswalt right now, and he has thrown 30 pitches threw 3 innings. 23 of them are strikes. Needless to say... 0 Hits 0 Runs 0 BB 2 K Turn this game on, as this kid is very special to watch. Roy Oswalt is also throwing tremendously and basically has the exact same line.
-
Game 1 thoughts
I don't see him consistently reaching that point in his career ever
-
Game 1 thoughts
A sadly presented joke about Spike's obsession with "The Anti-Olivo Moment", my obsession with a pitcher who I know is not as good as I say he is, and your affinity for awkward white outfielders (ala Hammer, Borch, Hermida)
-
Game 1 thoughts
doesn't matter. you are a broken record Everyone has their repeated object. Mine is Scott Olsen. Yours is big awkward white guys roaming the outfield. Joke. No one get upset, it's too late.
-
Updates on our wounded...
I would like to see something along the lines of... Dontrelle Willis Jesus Delgado Brett Sinkbeil Harvey Garcia --for-- Carl Crawford Andy Sonnanstine Jacob McGee We would be upgrading significantly in CF, as well as replacing 2 prospect arms with two others who might be better (Sonnanstine, definitely is, and I'm not sure about McGee), and the Devil Rays would now have a core of Willis, Kazmir, and Shields, and they could bolster the bullpen with Garcia and grow a great prospect in Delgado. I would love to see this. Fantastic for both sides.
-
Updates on our wounded...
Initially, it was reported De Aza had a sprained right ankle, then a sprained ankle and bone bruise now... http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/baseball/marlins/sfl-spmarlins22may22,0,6322914.story?coll=sfla-sports-marlins "De Aza appears to be dealing with a fractured ankle" :blink: Finally the truth comes out. It is amazing how long it takes to find out the real injuries our players have down here. Here is the full writeup: De Aza to remain out Don't look for Opening Day center fielder Alejandro De Aza in the lineup anytime soon. On the disabled list since April 18, De Aza appears to be dealing with a fractured ankle, not just a sprain. He first suffered the injury during the season-opening series at Washington and played through it for more than a week. Reggie Abercrombie and Alfredo Amezaga will continue splitting time in center. Whoever is the Team Doctor really miss that one big time. Isn't the first precautionary action to take an x-ray? That is a huge misdiagnosis It has set De aza back at least 3 weeks More like the FO just wasn't letting everything they knew get out in the open. It happens all the time. Yeah, they knew about this the whole time. This will happen almost anytime a player is out for a substantial amount of time... that's how most FO's deal with these sorts of problems as well. We do need to make a play for a CF, and maybe a young arm floating around somewhere, since we would probably have to give up at least one of ours.
-
Chris Coghlan 5 tool player?
Uggla's replacement by 2009
-
Graham Taylor
Amazing Graham. Since I know nothing about him...what kind of pitches does he throw? Could he be compared to someone in the majors (Pitching style)? I've never got to see the kid pitch, but from what I have read about his career at Miami (OH), he is a strong finesse pitcher. When he chooses he can throw with some kind of power for strikes (considering he's 6'3", 225) but is most effective using his impeccable control. Apparently he has a very plus curve that moves sharply away from lefties. That's all I know, as far as a comparison goes... maybe someone like Ted Lilly, only bigger. Anyone with great control, who is smart, with a couple of decent pitches, who will get rocked every once in a while, if he can't get his stuff to move.