Everything posted by rally2247
-
Marlins vs Mets---1:30---at the PRO
Why isn't the game on FOX?
-
Pavano in postseaon...
Pavano will be a cheerleader and a waterboy.
-
That was our Game 1 starter right there
Except for McKeon's mistake of bringing him back out in the 8th, Beckett looked like a Cy Young last night.... i'd give him the nod for Game 1 Why wouldn't he go back in the 8th? He was unhittable last night.
-
AJ willing to close in the future
I would rather have him in the rotation replacing Pavano, and keep the current bullpen intact. By current bullpen I mean with our current closer Urbina, and setup Chad Fox.
-
Some thoughts on Looper, Fox
If you want Urbina back, it may cost us a guy like Castillo. Personally, I'd take Castillo. WHAT?! You'd pick a Castillo over Urbina? I guess you want the Marlins to become the Boston Red Sox. He's a top closer in the league and the Marlins need to keep him.
-
Rob Dibble hates Jack Mckeon
Rob Dibble was a idiot pitcher that couldn't throw strikes. Maybe that's why Jack disliked him, and in turn, Dibble disliking McKeon. :mischief2
-
Incident at the game
wow this thread is full of stupidity and meatheads nice job stereotyping fans, capefish I can remember 5 different times where Phillies fans got into fights within THEMSELVES at PPS and Metro had to boot them out. It is not a stereotype, it is just from personal experiences. A lot of people from the northeast part of this country are rude. For example, I was watching a Yankee game the other day through a ESPN broadcast, when a foul ball from the opposing team landed in the first row. Aaron Boone had a shot at catching the ball but a Yankee fan accidentally deflected the ball away. Seconds later after this happened other Yankee fans started booing the guy and even threw hot dog wrappers at the guy for trying to catch a foul ball in foul territory.
-
Incident at the game
Visiting fans should be on best behavior - they are behind enemy lines. I dont feel sorry for a fan who is being ridiculous and loud while his team is up. Visiting fans should use common sense. I dont have a problem with a visiting fan rooting for his team, but they better recognize whose turf they are on. And it would be wise to shut their mouths after the game if by some chance they won. I was at the Knicks/Heat game a couple of years ago - Game 5 when Houston hit the prayer shot and won. Knicks fans were so obnoxious, some of them got their a$$es whooped for it. Talkin smack...has a price too. It doesnt matter what the cost of the ticket was or who got the money. Good point! I can also relate to idiot fans. I live in Orlando, and when the Knicks come into town to play the Magic, the bandwagon Knick fans are way obnoxious the whole game. :thumbdown
-
I'm Convinced
That's exactly why I don't like him. A 1 pitch pitcher.
-
My Personal Apologies to DLEE
Considering the way he's ending this season, I'm thinking more and more that perhaps it won't be Lee but Encarnacion who is gone this offseason (with Conine taking over in right). Hmmm....good point. Encarnacion is doing terrible in offense.
-
My Personal Apologies to DLEE
Finally he has one good month.
-
Uggy our new closer
I'm not sure if this role is permanent. It could be just for the Brave series. Regardless, I like the fact that Fox was setup, and Urbina closed. Also, I called it yesterday that this is what would happened.
-
URBINA IS NOT A SETUP MANNN!
" URBINA IS NOT A SETUP MANNN!" You are soooo right........he's a closer!
-
LOOPER SUCKS!
His confidence is on the ground. A playoff caliber closer needs to be cold bloded. Couldn't throw strikes, and falled behind the count on almost every at bat! That's a good point. Looper doesn't have closer attitude. Urbina is that man! He is a cold blooded mofo!
-
Is Looper being overworked?
he hasnt pitched since Sunday What about Tejera, Bump, Helling....etc..? They only pictch about once a week or so.
-
new roles in Marlin bullpen
The new setup man is Chad Fox and our new closer is Urbina. Looper can be a mid-reliever or something. Or he could also be our new waterboy! :banghead :banghead
-
Setup and our closer
Why do I get nervous when Looper is on the mound, but when Urbina is on I'm very calm?
-
Pitching Matchups: Marlins/Braves & Reds/Phillies
If the Fish go 2-2 against ATL, I'll like our chances no matter what the Phillies do against CIN. I'll be happy if the Marlins at least split the series with the Braves. :confused :whistle
-
Trader Jack to blame
I don't understand this issue. This wasn't game 7 of the World Series. We are still in the regular season, so why would we take out a picther that threw one pitch the inning before, and is also a great picther against lefties? Chad Fox made great pitches, but he left one high in Thome took care of it. Also, the game was tied. Ugy's role is a setup man for the closer in a LEAD! I'm sure if we had the lead Ugy would have been there. Why waste a pitcher in a tied game? Who knows how long this game would've lasted? My only complain about Jack is that I was sick of the freakin' bunts to move runners over. I believe Pudge, Juan, and Conine put down bunts. Why? Those guys are extra base hit guys, and can launch it over the fence. I personally prefer the long inning, instead of getting just one more run.
-
Mark Redman looks sharp tonight
"location, location, location" Redman threw a nice fat one down the middle and a bit high. Just where Thome has hit like 90% of his home runs. :banghead
-
MLB.TV anti-proxy......?
Then, why would they post it on their schedule? http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp
-
Pudge VS Lee
Isn't Pudge hitting like .490 with runners on scoring position, only second in the National League behind Pujols? :unsure :
- MLB.TV anti-proxy......?
-
MLB.TV anti-proxy......?
:banghead I really want to see the game tonight versus the Phillies, but since I live in Central Florida I won't be able to see the game on PAX. Now, I heard there is a way to bypass the blackouts by using a proxy server not in this state. Now, how exactly do I do that and what websites let you do this? Help...please?
-
These last 13
You forgot to add, "this is our independance day!" :w00t