Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alejandrasnow

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by alejandrasnow

  1. So I was watching Quick Pitch a couple days ago and I saw that at PNC park a group of guys went to the game together and sat in a corner with a huge sign that read something like Andrew McCutchen Man Crush Corner. I think you guys should do that in the most uncreepy manner as possible (if it is possible).
  2. In case anyone had doubts, it should be clear by now that this season has been cursed by Scott Stapp. "Marlins will be soooooorrrre." I'm still trying to convince the wife to do a rendition with me......maybe we can reverse the curse. I would like to pre-order my c.d. now.
  3. alejandrasnow replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    After reading 14 pages of this thread during the game, I've just realized how limited my experience with beer is. I've taken down a couple of beers that you've all mentioned that I thought sounded fun. I'm thinking of mixing and matching a six-pack. 1. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale (is this in season now?) 2. Left Hand Milk Stout 3. Youngs Double Chocolate Stout Does anyone have any more suggestions? I don't care for anything too strong! I'm sure a bunch of us would be happy to give more recommendations. What types of beers that you've already tasted do you like the best? That will give us some idea of what kinds of styles you prefer. After reading 14 pages of this thread during the game, I've just realized how limited my experience with beer is. I've taken down a couple of beers that you've all mentioned that I thought sounded fun. I'm thinking of mixing and matching a six-pack. 1. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale (is this in season now?) 2. Left Hand Milk Stout 3. Youngs Double Chocolate Stout Does anyone have any more suggestions? I don't care for anything too strong! Let us know what kind of beer you like and I'm sure you'll get a nice list of suggestions. If you can get your hands on Thirsty Dog Siberian Night it will be the last stout you drink again. Its a 10% beer that hides its strength very well. A few of those and you'll be feeling good. I had two last week and then ran out. All I had left was Guinness. After have two Siberian Nights I had to pour out the Guinness because it tasted like bilge water. The pumpkin ale should be in session in a few weeks. Shipyard makes smashed pumpkin beer thats pretty good and quite strong (9%). I just turned 21 in June so I really haven't tried anything nearly as interesting as what I've read on this thread. I'm open to any and all suggestions as long as the beer isn't strong. With more experience I should be able to narrow down my taste. I've basically tried whatever anyone has brought to a party or social gathering so basically it's Budweiser, Miller, Corona, Heineken, Coors, Natural Ice etc. Of what I've tried in the past I don't care for Natural Ice or Coors at all. I like Corona. Budweiser, Miller, and Heineken are passable. I tried Yuengling once and I liked it and today I had Blue Moon (whichever is currently in season) and I liked that as well. Of what you guys have mentioned and what has been recommended, can I buy these beers in any store or do they have to be specialty? Of what I've read I know some are hard to come by but of the 3 I'm interested in and the one Jetsmania mentioned, can I purchase those just anywhere? Thanks for the replies!
  4. Well it's official. Miller with the start....
  5. alejandrasnow replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    After reading 14 pages of this thread during the game, I've just realized how limited my experience with beer is. I've taken down a couple of beers that you've all mentioned that I thought sounded fun. I'm thinking of mixing and matching a six-pack. 1. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale (is this in season now?) 2. Left Hand Milk Stout 3. Youngs Double Chocolate Stout Does anyone have any more suggestions? I don't care for anything too strong!
  6. I mean this with all due respect: That's one of the dumbest sentences I have ever read. Boy, the bullpen has been a bastion of close mindedness recently, huh. Seems like it. What they said. I love how he starts the thread as if he thinks he has an intelligent opinion on the matter. After actually reading this entire thread, all four pages of it, I agree with all of the above.
  7. You either love him or hate him. I love him because when he's on he's preTty unstoppable. PluS, it takes awhile to come back frim his injury. Wasn't his fault girardi blew out are pitchers including him. The marlins have been very patient with this guy and it has paid off. He'll get locked up with ricKy. As much as I like cody I think he's going to be traded so that will free up some cash for anibal. I'd like to see the sAme transformatiom with miller, boni, and miller now. Andrew Miller has become so bad that his name definitely deserves to be mentioned more than once now. And Andrew Miller. You two definitely made me lol. :lol I agree with those who are concerned as to if Anibal can maintain this success next season (or remain healthy) but I wouldn't be completely opposed to giving Anibal a contract if it comes at a cheap price. I was reading on fangraphs (not sure if it was posted earlier in this thread) that the main reason that Anibal has had success this season is because of his low rate of flyballs becoming homeruns. I'm not sure if that will be sustainable next season but even if it's not he can still be a serviceable pitcher in our rotation if can stay healthy. The fangraphs article if it's not been posted. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/anibal-sanchezs-value/
  8. I'm upset that Bonifacio's hat didn't fall off.
  9. Anibal Sanchez has a 3.16 ERA :lol Kim Possible Anibal has been really great this season. It's nice to seem him dealing and healthy!
  10. Mikey has regressed since NL player of the week. I do not like it. Also, is Logan just getting a day off today? I didn't catch the game from the beginning.
  11. Nice three in a row! Let's do some damage against the Astros!
  12. *sigh* I miss the days back before like 06 when these threads would reach 25 pages by about the 7th inning. Wow. I've been on these boards for a couple years and I've never seen it reach 25 pages. What happened?
  13. I would like to contribute to this thread although my crush is just a regular crush. Watching Mikey flourish this season has been a nice plus in an otherwise less than mediocre season. His potential is limitless and I can't wait to see him become better and better.
  14. Yeah, this game was pretty crappy as has been the whole series. It sucks to watch us win four in a row and go into a series with momentum only to drop the next three.
  15. Congrats dodge and el penguino!
  16. Congrats Schnellders!
  17. Maybe I can just get Mystikol and his wife to perform in exchange for a guaranteed award. We actually just bought a keyboard for our new apartment today! :lol Hmmmm, what song would be fitting for this Marlins season............ No rap music! Do you take requests? I would like to hear "Marlins Will Soar".
  18. I was at the game. It was amazing! Hanley had a great game which was nice to see, Helms is infuriatingly crappy and Mikey had a pretty sh*tty offensive game. It was brutally humid out there and it's unfortunate that JJ can't rely on his bullpen after throwing 8 good innings in that horrendous weather to get him 3 outs. Was this the 6th game that's been blown for him?
  19. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I would really appreciate a win. Please and thank you Marlins.
  20. To go out and say that you made the right call when there is video documentation that CLEARLY illustrates that you didn't only makes players, coaches and fans alike lose confidence in the umpiring staff. I mean, does someone need to sit Davidson down with an official MLB rule book, watch the tape with him and show him where his call went wrong? Wouldn't a wiser decision be to just admit you're wrong? This is all very foolish in my opinion.
  21. Bob Davidson after the game - "I'm very confident i got it right. I understand that's the winning run but in my opinion it was foul" How about he watches a replay? It's clear he didn't know of the sh*t storm brewing all over the Marlins broadcast and MLB Network. It's pretty dumb for him to even speak as to his confidence about the call before checking the replay.
  22. I wish Gainesville had MLB Network... Any Gainesvillians have a solution? I'm in Gainesville with MLB Network. You can get it with Cox.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.