Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BafflingBeerman

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BafflingBeerman

  1. I'm just worried that if the money saved is reinvested, it will be done poorly. Who was the last big player the Fish signed and stayed long term that wasn't homegrown? As bad as the 2012 and this year's team are, it seems like the FO loves to his the reset button ASAP.
  2. How long does it take to order and receive leeches via the mail?
  3. Maybe there is a big clock in the FO counting down to the trade deadline and they are waiting for the counter to reach under 5 seconds to pull of the trade, like in an action movie. Except instead of defusing a bomb, they are setting one off! Hardy har har.
  4. If the Braves deal falls through, do the Dodgers pull back from the Fish side?
  5. Hey, they could buy tickets to Marlins Park! Unless they have been banned for some reason...
  6. That line was well done.
  7. Or can they at least hack our FO and leave better scouting reports?
  8. Gypsies, I could believe. Even tramps. But operated by thieves? No way!
  9. At this point, I think you let Edwin play out the string. When your big offensive superstar is underperforming to this degree and your pitching has taken such a nosedive, that isn't on the manager. It could be if Edwin chose his staff, but I believe he didn't. I don't think his managerial moves have been bad. If we bring in new players at the trade deadline (either as the Marlins being buyers or sellers), you see how he manages them and how they respond to him. But you do reevaluate at the end of the season. And if the season ended tomorrow, Edwin would be gone. If they turn it around, bigger chance of him staying. But he was on a short leash anyways.
  10. I am just concerned that JJ is a bit too injury prone. They shut him down last year, now this, I can't remember the last time he went a full season without missing a few starts. Does anyone know how many starts he's missed since Tommy John surgery? I want so much for him to be able to go a full season without missing time and becoming a true ace. He is an elite pitcher when he is healthy, but if he continues to miss time, how can we rely on him, especially for a complete season where we need him to go out in the dog days and really win, plus in the playoffs? Does he even have the arm strength to do that at this stage in his career? My one wish is to him never to go on the DL again!
  11. I've always liked Loria's passion for the game, though I think sometimes he gets a bit carried away. But nice to have an owner who outwardly seems to care.
  12. I don't think Ross is making the Marlins look foolish by his play. I mean, he is hot right now, but that is in the playoffs. Before the Giants got there, Ross was only okay for them. As others have said, he is a streaky hitter. He is just streaking at the right time. He is making them look foolish by having some big hits on the national stage, which then makes the story "Why did the Marlins allow him to go to the Giants for nothing?" Still rooting for CO-DY though!
  13. Coincidentally, Jim Presley recently got injured on a swing set. He was pushing his kid, just kept on swinging and swinging, easn't paying attention, the seat comes right down the middle and bang, got a bloody nose. But his kid finally got a hit!
  14. Wow, good job, Volstad. Amazed!
  15. Can't find fault with what Wagner says, though maybe if we had more consistent pitching from Nolasco to start the season plus Hanley not slumping so much in the beginning, we would be a little closer. Maybe not by a whole lot, but a little.
  16. Yeah, I am excited about seeing the rookies and Maybin play out the string. Not so much the pitching though...
  17. I think Beinfest just wants to prove to everyone that there are pitchers worse than Miller. Why do I picture Beinfest like an abusive boyfriend, yelling at the fans as Sinkbeil and Miller pitch: "APPRECIATE WHAT YOU GOT, BABY! APPRECIATE!"?
  18. Obviously, Stanton's favorite poem is "Casey at Bat." He wants to emulate him. Of course, we all know that Mike will hit that third strike for a homeruin In all seriousness, he's 20 years old, does have 20 HRs. He'll do some adjusting.
  19. As much as I respect JJ for trying to tough it out, I am not too happy that apparently this was affecting him for at least the last 5 or 6 starts. I wonder if he could have gone deeper in those games and away from the bullpen if he was 100%.
  20. Volstad only went 4 2/3.
  21. Saw the game in person. First time seeing Stanton live. He is sick! Though my friends and I were laughing at how he seemed to stop when Pudge got him ni the rundown, like he was confused. Volstad...eh. Didn't seem like he could make the pitch he needed to when it was necessary. I groaned when he walked Dunn after getting ahead of him 0-2. Laid down a nice bunt though. I was very impressed with the BP today. They had a lot of nice strikeouts. Some pics from the game: Right before Stanton hit #2 http://a.yfrog.com/i...6/7262/b80p.jpg Uggla: http://a.yfrog.com/img237/4120/7ks.jpg How many Marlin fans were at the game? Couldn't tell. There weren't many fans there, period. Though some fans around me, while not exactly cheering the Fish, were giving us props.
  22. Yeah, our catching situation is really up in the air for next season. Our usuals are out for a not so small portion of the season. Was today's game the first game Riveria has caught this season? At times, he looked slow at the plate, both while batting and behind it.
  23. Saw the game in person. First time seeing Stanton live. He is sick! Though my friends and I were laughing at how he seemed to stop when Pudge got him ni the rundown, like he was confused. Volstad...eh. Didn't seem like he could make the pitch he needed to when it was necessary. I groaned when he walked Dunn after getting ahead of him 0-2. Laid down a nice bunt though. I was very impressed with the BP today. They had a lot of nice strikeouts. Some pics from the game: Right before Stanton hit #2 http://a.yfrog.com/img826/7262/b80p.jpg Uggla: http://a.yfrog.com/img237/4120/7ks.jpg
  24. Bald/Mutant JJ acquired!! His increased cranium leads to more strikeouts!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.