Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fishes on the Pond

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fishes on the Pond

  1. I think Edwin should be DFA'd... ...yeah I said it. Where do you see are his weaknesses? Is he better than Fredi? The only difference I've seen is more of a willingness to send players/pitchers down to work on their problems. Wth Fredi it seemed lke let's let the player/pitcher work it out in the major leagues. But is this Edwin's philosophy showing or the FO/Loria changing? Neither manager can do anything about the bullpen. It's just BAD. We have to sweat it through each night. There are a few good pieces, but not enough to get us through most games
  2. Ya think others are watching ESPN tonight and not watching the game??? :mis2
  3. Paulino gets the night off #Marlins 7-8 lineup: Coghlan lf, g. Sanchez 1b, ramirez ss, cantu 3b, uggla 2b, ross cf, stanton rf, hayes c, a. Sanchez p Glad to hear it's happening before his legs fall off.
  4. To me Cantu looks really tired. I can't believe that Paulino isn't really tired also. Hopefully 4 days off during next week will be enough. Too bad we don't have a better bench to relieve these guys. No slight to Helms intended, but I don't think much of the bench after Helms. Yes, I'm slighting Boni.
  5. Ugh. I've muted 100% of the last two games because of the grinding annoyance and third-rate mind that is Frank Forte. :thumbdown :banghead :banghead :thumbdown I'd happily listen to the bland Conine or even the obnoxious Minervini for hours before putting up with more than 2 seconds of simplistic babble from Forte. I'd volunteer to listen to the highly annoying voice and lame content of Duane Staatz and his sidekick for an hour if the alternative is having to endure Forte for an instant. Hutton can't return soon enough. Anybody heard what is wrong with him?
  6. Since Hensley was to start before they went out and got Nate, is it possible they will let Hensley fill in? Or would Hensley not be stretched out enough as he has been used in just the late innings?
  7. This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out. In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know: Ronnie Belliard Matt Treanor Hanley Ramirez Manny Ramirez Scott Olsen Chris Volstad Gaby Sanchez Joe Girardi (coach) Mike Lowell Dontrelle Willis I believe Dontrelle was born and raised in California, if I remember correctly. I'm not so sure about GI Joe either. I do know while he was here he was having a house built in the Chicago burbs. Something about that's the school system he wanted to send his kids to or something. I checked the property records and Joe still owns the house in Parkland. Well, his wife's trust does, but that is how it was set up a few months after buying house in 2006. He's not renting the house out according to the records.
  8. This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out. In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know: Ronnie Belliard Matt Treanor Hanley Ramirez Manny Ramirez Scott Olsen Chris Volstad Gaby Sanchez Joe Girardi (coach) Mike Lowell Dontrelle Willis I believe Dontrelle was born and raised in California, if I remember correctly. Yep, DTrain was born and raised in California. But he lives in Aventura in the offseason. Probably because his wife's family is from South Florida.
  9. Well, now DTrain has been DFA by Diamondbacks. I heard 790theticket commentators discussing it around 9:00 tonight on whether the Marlins should pick him up. Was it Mark Wiley who worked with Dontrelle? I believe Wiley is still in some capacity with the Marlins.
  10. This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out. In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know: Ronnie Belliard Matt Treanor Hanley Ramirez Manny Ramirez Scott Olsen Chris Volstad Gaby Sanchez Joe Girardi (coach) Mike Lowell Dontrelle Willis
  11. :thumbdown SO sad :banghead
  12. :gofish :gofisht :gofishb Enough said.
  13. CONGRATS on your 2012 seasoned tickets :Clap :gofisht :gofishb
  14. Wes has a pretty good average
  15. Nice error Hanley. Since Hanley gets so many times a game to throw to 1st base, you would think he could do it in his sleep. But if he isn't stationery when he throws, I get nervous as it seems like such a crap shoot :confused
  16. I'm so surprised that Craig didn't make the trip. I remember Frank mentioned he worked those games Craig didn't want to work. So Frank rarely leaves South Florida. He's not that bad in the box. Obviously Rich and Frank don't tease each other like Rich and Tommy do, but he's a lot better than a lot of others. Can't stand TB commentators . :thumbdown I agree...Kevin Kennedy is TERRRRRRIBLE I couldn't care less about Kennedy. Dwayne Staats has a voice so bland its annoying, and I would actually watch a lot more TB games (when the Marlins aren't on) if watching them didn't require listening to him. I don't like Dwayne Staats either. Both are pretty bad. I realize they are homers, just like ours are homers, but at least we don't cut down/make fun of the other team. (Or maybe I'm prejudice and don't hear it.) But when I listen to TB commentators, it seems like they spend a lot of time saying why their team is so much better, how their team is not getting a "fair deal"/bad calls, etc., and point out all the holes/exaggerate the holes of the other teams. How about listening to a radio station or gameday audio and mute the sound?
  17. I'm so surprised that Craig didn't make the trip. I remember Frank mentioned he worked those games Craig didn't want to work. So Frank rarely leaves South Florida. He's not that bad in the box. Obviously Rich and Frank don't tease each other like Rich and Tommy do, but he's a lot better than a lot of others. Can't stand TB commentators . :thumbdown
  18. :banana LET'S GO FISH!!! :wave LET'S GO FISH!!! :wave LET'S GO FISH!!! :ole LET'S GO FISH!!! :ole :banana :woohoo
  19. I know this sounds traitorous to the Marlins but what's wrong with the Dodgers? The Dodgers are 9 over .500.
  20. Well Boni DID start yesterday's game I missed it. I was at the fireworks in Sunrise. Started to rain after we left.
  21. (from : Fish Bytes) Todays' Lineups : Marlins: Coghlan, lf; Sanchez, 1b; Ramirez, ss; Uggla, 2b; Ross, cf; Helms, 3b; Paulino, c; Stanton, rf; Robertson, p. Dodgers: Furcal, ss; Belliard, 2b; Ethier, rf; Kemp, cf; Blake, 3b; Loney, 1b; Martin, c; Johnson, lf; Ely. p. Umpires: HP Gary Cederstrom; 1B -- Ed Hickox; 2B -- Fieldin Culbreth; 3B -- Marty Foster. NO CANTU. Well Rodriguez said he had to play the bench more often and get bats or they won't do well when they pinch hit. I don't see, err want Boni in the game. There is Lamb who seems to to know the revolving door well this year, no more Barden to come out. Do you really want Hayes in place of Paulino although he legs may drop off soon. I can't remember who they just called up, but if I don't remember, no WOW factor, then he must not be outstanding.
  22. LET'S GO FISH!!! :wave LET'S GO FISH!!! :wave LET'S GO FISH!!! :ole LET'S GO FISH!!! :ole
  23. When we found out how the Bobby V situation shook out and made Edwin the interim manager for the rest of the year, Ozzie was the first name I instantly thought of. I remember reading an article a few weeks ago right as Fredi was getting the axe that the Sox probably weren't going to bring Ozzie back next year. Then I started putting two and two together (primarily that he was a coach for this FO, so he's a known commodity). It's worth noting, however, he stated in several articles dated June 23 he has no interest in the Marlins job, and if they're looking for a "yes, ma'am", follow the leader type manager (as the rumor coming out over the Bobby V fiasco was there was a difference in philosophies regtarding ownership/FO invovlement on on-field decisions), Ozzie IS NOT a candidate. Did Jeffrey have a sex change operation and is now Jane??? lololol
  24. According to the Chicago Tribune, White Sox skipper Ozzie Guillen is the Marlins’ top choice to replace Fredi Gonzalez as manager if he were to become available after the season. The Marlins’ decision to keep Edwin Rodriguez as manager through the end of the year came about because ownership wants to see which managers are available after the season. Ozzie Guillen would be at the top of the Marlins’ list if he were available. … It’s a little odd that the Tribune would have that sort of information hidden in an article and not provide more details as to why the Marlins want Ozzie. But maybe they don’t have any more information outside of that. Guillen was a coach with the Marlins in 2003 when they won the World Series, so he has ties to Florida. There’s no doubt he could provide a spark for the Marlins young roster and he’s already proved that he can win. It wouldn’t be a bad fit. One thing’s for sure, I would want front row seats to the first Ozzie-Hanley argument if Guillen does wind up in South Florida. What a fireworks display that would be.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.