Everything posted by Fishes on the Pond
-
Lineup shuffle on the way
Don't know where I saw it, but one of the local writers for the team suggested there might just be a trade in the works. The mention of Bonifacio (yuck!) could mean that Cantu or Cody might be departing sooner than we think. So there are actual rumors that a trade is imminent? If so, I'll take back what I said earlier. Not really a rumor, just a local writer thinking along the same line, sort of hinting at the possibility. http://miamiherald.t...http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2010/07/lineup-changes-looming-plus-rotation-plans-and-more.html If the writer is right and Rodriguez likes the outfield as it now is then I would think the logical trade from that perspective would be Cantu. But that would give you the impression that Coghlan doesn't move into the infield at least at this time.
-
Rotation vs Nationals this weekend
Should've just let JJ pitch on Monday. Would've been fun to watch. Should've let JJ pitch on Friday and Monday. Strasburg and Jiminez.... You are right too bad it couldn't happen because it would be awesome. Wow, a chance to watch both in a weekend at home and see how the competition fares against our ace. Edwin must have thought that 29 allstar pitches was enough to consider as a game and not a bullpen session. By the way, anybody know how many pitches a pitcher throws in a bullpen session? I always have wondered how many total pitches say Johnson throws on a gameday when he throws let's say a 100 in a game. Including warmup, between innings, etc. Anybody estimate for me? Thanks.
-
Giants Sign Dontrelle Willis to Minor League Deal
May be Dtrain can live with family for a while to see if things work out. Good luck Dtrain. I miss your smile, laughter and head first slide.
-
Armando Benitez released
I'm sorry to hear this because I really liked Bernitez. It was fun to watch him pitch, and we've been able to bring others so it was worth a chance. Interesting that the release makes it sound like he had a really bad outing instead of saying it happened over X outings. Why are they doing that?
-
Lineup shuffle on the way
The Marlins’ current alignment isn’t working enough, so manager Edwin Rodriguez said he’s looking at a lineup shakeup. Rodriguez wouldn’t offer many concrete details, saying he’s jotted down about nine different batting orders. In a perfect world, Rodriguez would like to hit Chris Coghlan second. The Marlins aren’t exactly overflowing with leadoff man options at the moment. Emilio Bonifacio has the right skill set, but who do you sit to play him? Rodriguez’s preference is to move up Mike Stanton as well. Good chance he’ll be in the six-hole when the Marlins face Stephen Strasburg Friday. “We have to find a mix where we can get more run production consistently,� Rodriguez said. “I would like to keep Ramirez hitting third.�… Sun-Sentinel How can Boni be a #1 when he can't hit a ball? He has to get on base in order to score a run or steal. Assuming he realizes when he can steal.
-
Lineup shuffle on the way
Don't know where I saw it, but one of the local writers for the team suggested there might just be a trade in the works. The mention of Bonifacio (yuck!) could mean that Cantu or Cody might be departing sooner than we think. BONI instead of Cantu or Cody???? :thumbdown I thought this was to be an improvement and putting in BONI is not an improvement :blink:
-
Braves interested in Cody
Not sure how this would play in, but the Braves just got Sea Bass in a trade. Although it will be good to see Gonzalez more often because of his past ties with the Marlins, I hate that he will be in the division against us. He makes a good half of a DP team.
-
Tim Wood optioned down
What was missed was over the his last two appearances, besides the walks he gave up, THREE inherited runners scored. Nashville Top 4th - July 9th * Ray Olmedo singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * Anderson De La Rosa flies out to right fielder Mark Shorey. * Tim Dillard singles on a line drive to right fielder Mark Shorey. Ray Olmedo to 3rd. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces Oneli Perez, batting 9th. * Norris Hopper out on a sacrifice fly to left fielder Aaron Luna. Ray Olmedo scores. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Tim Dillard to 2nd. * With Mat Gamel batting, wild pitch by Renyel Pinto, Tim Dillard to 3rd. Lorenzo Cain to 2nd. * Mat Gamel walks. * Brendan Katin lines out to shortstop Mike Folli. ------------------ Nashville Top 7th - July 10th * Brendan Katin pops out to shortstop Donovan Solano. * Luis Cruz doubles (19) on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * With Johnny Raburn batting, passed ball by Matt Pagnozzi, Luis Cruz to 3rd. * Johnny Raburn walks. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces David Kopp, batting 5th. * Defensive Substitution: Mike Folli replaces pitcher David Kopp, batting 9th, playing shortstop. * Ben Johnson singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. Luis Cruz scores. Johnny Raburn to 3rd. * Sam Narron walks. Ben Johnson to 2nd. * Adam Stern called out on strikes. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Johnny Raburn scores. Ben Johnson to 3rd. Sam Narron to 2nd. * Coaching visit to mound. * Erick Almonte strikes out swinging. I guess those runs don't matter 'cause they're on someone else's line huh. More walks and a wild pitch. Same old, same old Renyel Pinto. The more things change, the more things stay the same. This sounds like the old Pinto we've "learned to love".
-
2010 MLB All-Star Game
OH NO....they should have started JJ
-
2010 MLB All-Star Game
There's a little like chin music. And not a good way to start Jimenez
-
Rosenthal reports Cantu & Ross on the market
especially for Maybin I think. I think he's always done pretty well in AAA, we've just got to let him get the at-bats against the big boys and see if he can figure it out. Yes, it appears he does well at AAA, and he has done it in the past, but it doesn't seem to carryforward when he gets in the big leagues. But unless we are throwing in the towel on the season, I don't really want to watch a flailing batter like you see in old cartoons.
-
Despite struggles it looks like FO has best intentions...
Admin Beinfest on Marlins: "Frustrated. Disappointed." It was clear from listening to Admin Beinfest that he and the rest of the front office are not happy with the team's performance and roster changes could very likely occur before the July 31 trade deadline. He said there have already been talks within the organization about what direction to take, but didn't go into specifics. Here are a few of the highlights: -- “Will we be active? Yes, always and it’s already starting. The chatter has picked up in the last week. Teams now have a pretty good idea of who they are and what they’re going to be heading into the break. I would have liked to have seen a run here on this road (trip) but were just kind of.. not giving us a sustained streak." -- "I don't think we're going to force anything. Now we're 18 months away from the new building (ballpark), so we have to keep an eye on that as well. We want to get our core, our base that we think is gonna head into the building and start to look forward." -- “We’re not writing of the season. You can get hot, things can happen — the old Colorado Rockies thing. It’s just been frustrating because we haven’t seen that coming yet and it’s hard to foresee it at this point.� Beinfest noted that if the Marlins traded any of their players, it would not be a salary dump. (Keep in mind, the Marlins signed an "agreement" with MLB and the union over the winter to maintain player payroll at a reasonable level). Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2010/07/Admin-beinfest-on-marlins-frustrated-disappointed.html#ixzz0tVhYjGVS
-
Rosenthal reports Cantu & Ross on the market
Cantu, I am all for trading. Ross, however, I would hand on to unless it's clearly evident that Maybin can stay up and be as productive as we'd hope. So far from what I've seen from Maybin I'm very uncertain whether he's ready to take over fulltime. He seems to have range in the outfield, but he seems to lack consistent offense. Maybe he'll never be what he is suppose to be. Maybin wouldn't be the first one who didn't pan out. Remember Hermida. I would rather keep Cody who may be a little streaky at the plate, but wait a couple days and he'll be fine. Also he has an awesome work ethic!!
-
Rosenthal reports Cantu & Ross on the market
Unfortunately I'm having a computer glitch, can't cut or paste either from the menu or shortcut, but it's on Fox Sports Ken Rosenthal site. Doesn't make any guesses about who the Marlins might want in return. ***If a mod wants to fix this post by adding the link go ahead or if someone wants to post it below - great!!!. **** If the FO thinks it's for the best and that they can acquire some good players for them obviously I'm going to support the decision but... but..... Cody is my favorite!!! :no :nono :o
-
7/11 Post Game
Looks like Volstad did well for New Orleans. 6 inns no runs a no decision with typical poor run support----zero. Him and West should be up So who who do you think they will replace? Sanabia and ??????
-
7/11 Post Game
Umm, i hope Im not speaking too soon but does anyone else feel "better" about this bullpen now? If Veras is for real, Hensley is healthy, Leo is more dominant, Hopper is back to his 2009 self, Meyer has "fixed" himself... and then you get regular decency from Tank and Sanches... plus an innings-eating strike thrower in Sanabia... then suddenly our bullpen is at least middle of the road and capable of holding more games down. Tommy Hutton says the bullpen has to sort itself out at the beginning of the season... its a damn shame that its taken HALF of the season but the past few days I've felt that things are at least somewhat starting to fall into place. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying their lights out... I'm just saying they're seemingly less likely to bring impending doom. Anyone else? The pen is looking better Lets hope its the last time we see Tim Wood called up BUT ITS TOO LATE :boo-woo :boo-woo :boo-woo :boo-woo :crying :crying :crying :crying :tissue :tissue :tissue
-
7/10 Post Game
instead of the half year rental, Nick The poor guy has to be the unluckiest guy in MLB. The Yankees signed him for 5.5 mill and he's played 24 games this year, hitting .167. He had surgery on a right wrist tendon, had a setback and now might be out for the season. Meanwhile, for about 7% as much money, Sanchez is a workhorse who has played in all but 3 games. The Yankees had to know he was accident prone because we knew it when we rented him. He was out some time with us. Glad we didn't keep him. If Sanchez keeps it up we may have a ROY two years in a row. :cool
-
July 11th, 2010 ~ 4:10pm ~ Marlins @ Diamondbacks
Lamb can't get a hit.
-
July 11th, 2010 ~ 4:10pm ~ Marlins @ Diamondbacks
Well, that's nice. 2-0. 3 CONSECUTIVE HITS
-
July 11th, 2010 ~ 4:10pm ~ Marlins @ Diamondbacks
This is so disheartening . 1-2-3 Can't we do better? Is this a lights out pitcher? :blink:
-
7/10 Post Game
This is the most disappointing team we've had since 2005... because, unlike the injury-ridden 07 team, this team has no reason to be this bad. We are way too similar to the successful 09 team to be this bad. I cant understand how we've just done nothing right this year. This team will never get on that streak because they havent even proven that they can pounce on clearly lesser teams. The D-Backs have a horrendous pitching staff and bullpen and we cant capitalize on them. It makes no sense whatsover. I certainly agree with this post. Technically we replaced a lot of our bullpen, but other than Nate the SP are the same and other than Gaby instead of the half year rental, Nick, and losing Hermida, we are the same. Stanton is an upgrade...learning yet, but honestly I don't understand why we are so bad. It's just not the bullpen; it's the offense and defense at times--errors. The Marlins should be closer to 2009 than 2005.
-
7/10 Post Game
I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly. I don't remember when we are so disappointed before the ASG break. :confused :blink: :thumbdown
-
7/10 Post Game
Can't make a wining series against the bottom of league. Terrible. THIS......TEN THOUSAND TIMES
-
July 10th, 2010 ~ 8:10pm ~ Marlins @ Diamondbacks
Like I said earlier and this game shows it..... What seems impossible to me is we have JJ, HanRam, Cogs, Sanchez AND Stanton and still can't seem to put a decent game together.
-
July 10th, 2010 ~ 8:10pm ~ Marlins @ Diamondbacks
:woohoo