Everything posted by Mephisto
-
Starting Pitchers
I think Miller should be sent down to the minors for more seasoning. Volstad has earned a spot by throwing strikes, and so far Miller is the only with control issues. I think that until Olsen returns it should be: Hendrickson, Nolasco(if olsen is healthy he'll be in the pen til a 5th starter is needed), Volstad, & Gaby(unless olsen is back). VandenHurk has the same control issues as Miller so both should get more seasoning.
-
I didn't believe it until I "heard" it myself
this is an article from last year on scout.com this kid is basically another Dallas Mcpherson Tagg Bozied has seen the heights. The former University of San Francisco All-American was drafted three times, following high school, in the second round (42nd overall) by the Minnesota Twins after his junior year in 2000 and again in the third round (90th overall) by the San Diego Padres in 2001. After a contentious round of contract negotiations that led to Bozied playing briefly in independent ball, ala J.D. Drew, he joined the Padres system. The big first baseman with the catchy handle was an instant success. The 6-foot-3, 220 pound right hander led the entire Padres? system in home runs (24) and RBI (92) during his debut season of 2002 and that fall he set the Arizona Fall League home run record. The sky was the limit. Bozied was assigned to Triple-A in his second professional season and was ranked the Padres? number four prospect, ahead of some very fine players, including Josh Barfield and Jason Bay. But, Bozied was temporarily blocked at the major league level by established first basemen Ryan Klesko and Phil Nevin. After a so-so 2003, Bozied already had eclipsed that previous season?s home run count, slamming 14 long balls in just his first 46 games of 2004. Then it all came crashing down on the high-contact slugger. While playing for Portland of the Pacific Coast League in July, 2004, Bozied suffered the freakest of freak injuries when he ruptured his patellar tendon in his left knee jumping on home plate to celebrate a game-winning grand slam. At the time, San Diego scouting director Bill Gayton?s comment to our Padres Scout.com affiliate The Mad Friars summed up the situation perfectly. ?He was looking really good and got hurt. It was sad because he would have been in the big leagues." Gayton spoke from deep personal experience, having been the scout who originally signed Bozied. In 2005, Bozied was still the 12th-ranked Padres prospect. But after playing just 26 games that season due to back problems related to his continued knee soreness, his star was shining considerably less brightly. Early in 2006, the Padres unceremoniously cut Bozied loose. Bill Bryk, Padres' minor league field coordinator, expectedly expressed remorse to The Mad Friars. "Bozied, before he got hurt, was the best bat prospect we had at the Triple-A level. Power bat prospect. He hasn't come back fully from that injury. I saw him in the Instructional Leagues and he went to winter ball and unfortunately I don?t think he is back at full strength?,? Bryk observed. From there, Bozied was off to the New York Mets organization, after signing a minor league deal with them in mid-May. The now 27-year-old appeared in just 60 games at the Triple-A level in 2006 as an outfielder before becoming a minor league free agent this past fall. After having been with the Padres for four seasons, Bozied joined his third organization in less than a year when he signed a minor league deal with the St. Louis Cardinals in November. It is clear that Bozied is still pursuing his dreams and does not yet consider himself a minor league journeyman. While he received an invitation to the Cardinals? major league training camp in 2007, he has been that close before. Bozied has yet to take the final step - his big league debut. In the following 11-minute audio interview exclusively for our subscribers, Bozied discusses his outlook, changes in his workout regimen, his health, why he signed with the Cardinals and much more. What he does not do is feel sorry for himself or waste time wondering ?what might have
-
Quick Question.
Only Hanley should be locked up, Hermida too depending on how he does this year.
-
Area around the new stadium.
Retro_Marlins is probably from Palm County County or Northwest Broward and has no idea what he's talking about. Ditto. It's ignorant misinformed people like that who are putting a negative spin on this. Hell, I'm pretty sure the area around Dolphin Stadium has a higher violent crime rate than Little Havana. I have been going to games at Dolphin Stadium for years, with on site parking and never had problem 1. At the Orange Bowl we got caught in a parking scam that cost us towing charge and had the car broken into and things stolen. I don't think that is misinformed at all, it is reality. I want to see a new stadium as much as anyone else, but I think public safety needs to play a big role in the planning of it. My point exactly.I had a similar experience in that location, although nothing was stolen.The area is what it is and we shouldn't sugarcoat it because were bias fans towards our team. The area isn't all the bad.It could be alot worse, but it's certainly not a great or good area. the area is not a ghetto, sure is poor but is not like theres a bunch of thugs living there. You take risk parking in someone's yard is not like everyone in any given town is honest, but I dont think anyone would get shot and killed in the area.
-
Dallas McPherson signed
McPherson or no, I still think third base is Jose Castillo's job to lose. As long as McPherson is healthy, I gotta go ahead and say you're crazy. Right now it looks like Castillo's gonna be a nice backup infielder and Jorge Cantu is probably gonna be competing for a major-league contract from another team while he plays for us this spring. I agree. Think of McPherson as you would of Hermida. The talent is there, but injuries have gotten in the way.
-
Gonzo Coming
That 4.5 million going to this guy and Hendrickson could have brought in a nicer starter, instead they are wasted on these two.
-
Dallas McPherson signed
Love the competition at 3b, cant wait til spring training.
-
Bush lost his favorite job...
"as long as Julio Franco can keep going, so can Bud Selig" lol
-
Bedard deal killed by Angelos
I would give up a lot for Bedard we saw how good he can be. I am not sure about Roberts with the recent reports about him, but either way I think that is two players a team would like to have. When I read this topics subject I understood Bedard was killed. LOL. I think any team that holds a guy like Bedard shouldn't even be trying to trade him, he has major potential, and has showed flashes of brilliance. Me too lol, I was like poor guy
-
Selig's Term Extended through 2012
I dont know why he dosent retire, that would be turning yet another page on the whole steroids problem.
-
Rosenthal says...
If this happens we can forget about Mcphearson. If they want to spend a few millions on a veteran go after Livan or Colon.
-
Mom Sells Son's Car After She Finds Alcohol in it
would have being awsome if instead of keep it locked, it were keep it zipped
-
Anybody receive their holiday gift yet?
I havent gotten anything since the tickets themselves came in the week before the season started...come to think of it...that was the last time i saw her too... she told me on that night "so now you got the tickets, does that mean this is the last time I ever see you?" ...today is December 20... ...haha... ...yeah, my ex-girlfriend was like an "ok" movie...I liked it at the time but now I never really wanna see it again... :jackass
-
Baseball lol.
thats just a story he made up
-
Willis agrees to 3 year deal
I don't think I would have wanted the Marlins to give him that kind of cash. That's the market. If he was better, he would've received a larger contract, and you'd still have that same sentiment. 29 Million over a three year period is very affordable and reasonable compared to many contracts given to lesser pitchers, notwithstanding D-Train's recent decline. Not a bargain by any means, but the Marlins could have easily absorbed that money over the next three years with our projected payroll and still maintained a payroll less than $30 Million. Except that Miller will out perform him for 1/30 the cost. We didn't trade Willis for Miller. We made them take Willis as part of the deal. Maybin and Miller were cogs in the Cabs portion of the deal. No. To get both Maybin and Miller we had to give up both Cabrera and Willis. exactly, and there's no way in hell we get either for willis
-
Mark Prior on the Marlins radar?
I would be surpire if we sign him, dont get your hopes up
-
Baseball lol.
i can picture papelbon growing up telling his his teachers that the dog ate his homework, but seriously what an idiot
-
Willis agrees to 3 year deal
Very affordable for a lefthanded Cy Young runner up who never gets hurt. Any other club would have kept him for that money. almost 10 million for a 15 game loser with 5+ ERA he needed to a change of scenery. Hopefully he will get to his 05 form but its best to let another team take the gamble
-
El Nuevo Orange Bowl - Adding Soccer Stadium?
the fusion's failure resemble the marlins struggles in that both got into a temporary fix hoping to get a stadium. The marlins were lucky to win two world series because if not they would have being contracted also.
-
El Nuevo Orange Bowl - Adding Soccer Stadium?
Just because they had decent attendance does not mean that they were profitable. I remember the owner at the time said he basically could not afford to hold the team any longer. Just like the WNBA. The Miami Sol had the highest attendance figures in the league; in their last season, yet the Miami Heat (parent team) was losing money on the franchise and opted to close it down. I hope MLS soccer does come to Miami, specifically the OB area. We're not saying they were, just that they didnt fail here because of lack of fan support. Close to the Miami Downtown they'll get the corporate support they lacked last time around, and like someone said before, mls has gained acceptance in the mainstream since then.
-
El Nuevo Orange Bowl - Adding Soccer Stadium?
KC just got a new stadium for 18,500 in a mega stadium village type set up, they will be moving in a couple of years, that was one of the conditions mls placed on the new owners coming in. really? well i stand corrected. good for them. you got a link? http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?y...p&team=t105 on the fusion they actually avg over 10k at a time when the mls was a total joke
-
El Nuevo Orange Bowl - Adding Soccer Stadium?
KC just got a new stadium for 18,500 in a mega stadium village type set up, they will be moving in a couple of years, that was one of the conditions mls placed on the new owners coming in.
-
El Nuevo Orange Bowl - Adding Soccer Stadium?
St. louis is ahead of philly since they are close stadium deal and a strong ownership groupl, and philly is struggling to get funding for the deal. Those are the two teams probably ahead of us.
-
Concept Miami Marlins Logos
Maybe we can keep the hat logo, and have the F stand for fish!!! ok maybe not :boo-woo
-
El Nuevo Orange Bowl - Adding Soccer Stadium?
I like the MIAMI SHARKS name. The Miami Fusion, let's face it was an awful team name. And nothing personal to all the latin Americans here, but the team name SHOULD not be in Spanish. This is a USA professional league. BOCA MIAMI ? What the heck is that? Miami Mouth? I don't get it. Bad choice for a name. Picture the national media trying to figure it out. Miami United? Isnt there already a DC United team in MLS? SHARKS is awesome. I agree but if the Boca owns the team it makes perfect sense to name the team Boca USA. If its not them I like the sound of Miami Sharks. Boca a is team recognized world wide and if Chivas USA can get away with they can too, Boca is a Brand more widely recognized than Chivas too.