goldberg criticizing the marlins

Guest Moneyball

Well it's the Mike Berardino hour now on WQAM, and things were going fine (Berardino just had finished complimenting Benitez & explained why the Marlins didn't want Urbina as much) then someone called up & asked Mike why he was so anti-Marlins.

Mike asked for an example & the caller tried to quote him something about the stadium, at which point Hank interrupted & said "Mike didn't write that, I SAID IT."

At that point Hank went into a loooong hysterical rant about how he's talked to people all over the place.... state, lobbyists, local government, MLB, wherever, who think that the Marlins botched this stadium deal on purpose so they wouldn't have to repay the loan.

You can smell Hank sweating right through the radio, it's pretty bad.

As usual, can't just talk baseball in this town....

I love how everyone calls in now that Detroit's 4-0, confident that Pudge is the golden boy that can bring championships to any team at all, & the Marlins should've kept him, blah blah blah..... I seem to remember a Texas team that couldn't do squat with him on it.

Very little Marlins talk, as one could've guessed... maybe they're screening out Marlins callers now, rofl.

Fat Hank and his cources are reliable.Is not such a far fetch theory like some of you think.It actually makes alot sense and I for one wouldn't be surprise if that really Loria true intentions.

I'm not homer and I know Hank is a hater but I don't doubt Hank sources.

I agree with Minus here... Something smells fishy.

Fat Hank and his cources are reliable.Is not such a far fetch theory like some of you think.It actually makes alot sense and I for one wouldn't be surprise if that really Loria true intentions.

Well, you're both wrong.

Well, you're both wrong. Agreed. Fat Hank's sources (Which almost always are unnamed) are wrong just as much as they are right.

You just don't remember when he (and his "sources") are wrong because when it finally comes to pass that he was wrong on someting he doesn't let anyone come on the radio that wants to tell him he was wrong.

Fatberg is pretty good with the NFL dish, but as far as baseball, figuratively he's out to lunch (and probably literally, too)

I listened to hammer today and he did not sound like the Marlin hater you are making him out to be... Maybe if you think this through what he said yesterday made a lot of sense.

Anyway, he did come out today and actually talked about a possibility for Loria keeping the Marlins in S.F. He said that we should do what Washington has proposed... Making the stadium pay for itself by taxing ticket sales and concessions, plus a tax on big businesses... why not, it sounds like a plan to me.

I listened to hammer today and he did not sound like the Marlin hater you are making him out to be... Maybe if you think this through what he said yesterday made a lot of sense.

Anyway, he did come out today and actually talked about a possibility for Loria keeping the Marlins in S.F. He said that we should do what Washington has proposed... Making the stadium pay for itself by taxing ticket sales and concessions, plus a tax on big businesses... why not, it sounds like a plan to me.

This has been written about in another thread but unlike DC, in Miami-Dade, all tax increases or additional taxes must be approved by the electorate, who traditionally have voted against new taxes.

And as for taxing big business, not a chance in a zillion that you'll see that idea fly here.

The reason FatHank moderated his view today was because the DC news stuck a knife in the heart of the guys in the black hats. Here was a city funding 100% of the cost of a stadium and FatHank was left holding the bag by his "new" friends. It's hard to say no other community would do what the Marlins were asking and then one steps up with a 100% offer.

He had no choice but to slowly moderate his position, satisfied, having done as much damage as he could.

In other words... He and his sources were incorrect in their assumptions. Now try to get on his show and tell him that. I'll give you a million dollars and a trip around the world if he lets you on.

My (10 year old) kid wants a red Ferrari in the deal. Being the benevolent guy that I am I'm willing to forgoe the trip. The million dollars I expect will be a lump sum?