Jimmy Fallon's leaving SNL

Hotcorner

SNL has gone downhill every year jimmy you try to hard to be funny and am sure you'll make a crappy movie or 2 before you finally go away....snl was the s*** when farley,sandler,rock,lovitz,rob shnider i know its not spelled that way....

Ever since Tracy Morgan and Will Ferrel left, it's been absolutely terrible. The show is just horrible and the writers of all these skits are the worst writers on TV. Almost all the skits seem like they're thrown together at the last minute like they're just trying to just waste time and get through the show, not even funny at all. SNL is about as fun as watching C-SPAN. It's like they have too much time but not enough material to fill the time slot, so they just find ways to prolong already awful skits and waste time.

MadTV is the new hotness.

I stopped watching SNL this season, I just couldn't take it anymore. Yes, it certainly died when Ferrell left. He was a genius at that sort of thing. The others have very little talent, and I never liked Chris Kattan either.

Chris Kattan was only funny when he was a gay guy....

Guest Fritz

I chose the last one. Jimmy Fallon sucks and having him laugh during every skit makes the skit unfunny because he misses a bunch of lines and sounds really idiotic when he's supposed to come across as serious but is laughing like an idiot.

the problem is with SNL is that people just use it as a stepping stone nowadays. Back in the day, all the SNL greats were known for doing SNL, so they did it a long time. Now all the best people are there shortly.

Fallon would be good if he didn't start cracking up in every skit.

The bad thing is now Weekend Update is stuck with TIna Fey

the problem is with SNL is that people just use it as a stepping stone nowadays. Back in the day, all the SNL greats were known for doing SNL, so they did it a long time. Now all the best people are there shortly.

Fey is good...she is one of the minds behidn the show as one of the main writers...plus she is great eye candy! :cool

that's a really good point.

did you just think of that or have you heard that somewhere? it sounds like one of those oft-plagiarized good points that people toss around often.

Fallon was about as funny as a twelve year old girl can be.

I haven't been a fan since they got away from the actual GOOD CAST format. It used to be SNL had four, maybe five, funny people on the cast. This show generally has one per season since the ladt great cast (I'm guessing the Hartman, Sandler, Farley, Spade, Kevin Nealon days).

Also, how can anyone name Chris Rock as being HILARIOUS on SNL. He didn't do much. Only skit he ever had was that black reactionary talk show. He had MAYBE that one season where he was gold. but he didn't do anything BESIDES that skit.

I think they should pick up Ryan Stiles. He wouldn't go for it, though. He's probably too good for scripted material. As much as I used to hate him on the show, I miss Norm MacDondald, too.

I diagree with this. About 50% of those cases those people couldn't do anything BUT SNL (Dana Carvey for instance). And Mike Meyers didn't do anything before Austin Powers hit. He had Waynes World, Waynes World 2, then five years of nothing and he hit "comedy gold" with the first Austin Powers movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darryl Hammond won't be able to do anything but SNL. I've seen him host live and on Conan and he's about as dry as toast.

I diagree with this. About 50% of those cases those people couldn't do anything BUT SNL (Dana Carvey for instance). And Mike Meyers didn't do anything before Austin Powers hit. He had Waynes World, Waynes World 2, then five years of nothing and he hit "comedy gold" with the first Austin Powers movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darryl Hammond won't be able to do anything but SNL. I've seen him host live and on Conan and he's about as dry as toast. Well...he has been doing Gor for a while now, maybe it has rubbed off on him.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped watching SNL this season, I just couldn't take it anymore. Yes, it certainly died when Ferrell left. He was a genius at that sort of thing. The others have very little talent, and I never liked Chris Kattan either.

Chris Kattan was only funny when he was a gay guy.... Well I do believe Chris Kattan is "always" a gay guy.

Chris Kattan was only funny when he was a gay guy.... Well I do believe Chris Kattan is "always" a gay guy. Kattan was good for one thing... GAY SPEED SKATING HITLER!!!!

The funniest thing on SNL in years, and they never developed it.

IMO, Hammond is a + b/c of his impressions. Fey is head writer, so she stays too. Amy Poehler is decent, and so is Horation Sanz, but the rest have to go. I especially hate Maya Rudolph. She's worthless.

Guest Moneyball

SNL sucks it is so boring and not funny. Mad TV a couple seasons ago was the funniest stuff on TV. but then like SNL madTV lost their stars and replaced them with crap. i'll stick to my "Whose line is it anyway?"