0 tools

Das Texan

This is Juan Pierre.

He cant hit.

He cant run.

He cant throw.

He has no power.

He cant field.

The only one he can do sometimes is the last one, and thats only in terms of catching the ball, the rest of his defensive work sucks.

What happened to this kid? He used to have 3 of the 5 and the other 2 you didnt really care much about overall.

At this point, I want to waive him.

We should talk to the Cubs about a CF switch. What would you guys think about that? Lord knows they need a leadoff man and we could use some power in the middle of the lineup. Corey Patterson wouldn't look bad in the 5 or 6 spot. We already have a good leadoff guy in Castillo. Cubs fans are pretty fed up with him. Maybe a change would do Patterson good.

I don't know.. I really can't believe my eyes when watching JP at the plate.

We should talk to the Cubs about a CF switch. What would you guys think about that? Lord knows they need a leadoff man and we could use some power in the middle of the lineup. Corey Patterson wouldn't look bad in the 5 or 6 spot. We already have a good leadoff guy in Castillo. Cubs fans are pretty fed up with him. Maybe a change would do Patterson good.

I don't know.. I really can't believe my eyes when watching JP at the plate.

822047[/snapback]

Isn't Patterson making like $8 million a year? If the salaries are close, I'd do it. Of course, the Cubs wouldn't.

My Vernon Wells for JP idea last month is looking pretty good right about now isnt it... :thumbup

I hope he can get out of this funk -- even if he doesn't, teams will be lining up around the block to make an offer on him. Scott Podsednik hit .244 last year and still got the Brew Crew Carlos Lee (who was coming off a .305-31-99 season..)

I think we have to be realistic about this. Lets not makes changes just for the sake of making changes and then it comes back to bite this team in the @$$ later on. If you're going to go get someone, make sure it is someone that can help this team now and in the future if all possible. No summer rentals, no problem players from other teams that hit from time to time and someone who will come here and make an immediate impact.

Having said all that, I'm sure Beinfest is working behind the scenes with SOMEONE to make this thing happen. I feel bad for JP in that he's been a great personality for this team, but if he is no longer producing in this system, then it is time to trade him and get someone who will be able to fit our immediate needs.

COrey Patterson? Vernon Wells? Jay Payton?

I don't know guys but it seems to me that if were going to replace JP we'd need a new leadoff guy... not a middle of the order guy. JP has been blamed by many for not setting the offense up... his OPB is what? 295? The top 3 mentioned players wouldn't do us any good...

Patterson, OBP is WORSE then Pierre's at 287. And he strikes out about once a game.

Wells (Who I love, but...), 296 OBP and is batting 235 W.RISP

Payton, OBP is not bad (325), but 212 w/RISP and his stat line from last year (260-8-55) are nothing to be proud of.

Bottom line is, I don't see how any of those guys could really Help the marlins. Sure they add some power, but we need people on base for Cabs and Carlos. If JP was normal this year there's not a doubt in my mind that we'd be in 1st. But JP is broke so we have to fix him, Fire Bill Robinson first, if that doesn't fix him... then I say we should nab Ryan Freel. Plays 6 positions (including 3rd + CF), good range and Defense, steals bases like mad and has an OBP at 400.

Our 1-2 punch isin't working, but if we can get it to work like we did in 2003... then maybe better things are on the horizon. :thumbup

Half the season is gone and he still has not adjusted. This of course happened last year on the basepaths when pitchers and defenses put more attention on him and he struggled badly. And is still running into outs on the basepaths.

I don't see any evidence that he will break out of it.

You have to wonder if JP will ever return to his prime post-leg injury. He never had the great instincts Luiy has. So much of his game is built on speed. What might his career look like without it?

Castillo and either LoDuca or Conine is arguably a better 1-2 punch than our current situation or anything we can get in a trade. The redudancy has caused many useless outs and missed chances for a very small gain.

i still have faith in him and I believe he should stay in there until the all star break(if things don't improve). Guys, this guy is a gamer, he's been called hardest working baseball player in the bigs. He'll snap out of it.

in the mean time... CHOP CHOP CHOP