So who's worried about Dontrelle?

Hotcorner

Panic time?

If you include the All-Star game, that's 4 straight starts now where he's gotten SHELLED.

Not just had a mediocre game, but shelled. Given the team no chance at all to win, even with the hot bats they've had the 2nd half.

I can't begin to try & explain what's going on with him, but I sure hope it's just a small bump in the road....

Jack mentioned before the game that he & Wiley notice that when he throws 1st pitch strikes over 50 or 60% of the time he wins. Seemed like it didn't matter what he threw tonight, the Giants hit him all over the place.

have him skip a start, give him an obscene amount of rest and see if he composes himself next start

871368[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Give Vargas a start maybe, let Willis get a nice long rest. He had to throw some at the All-Star break too so really didn't get the extended rest that everyone else got. Hey, couldn't hurt...

have him skip a start, give him an obscene amount of rest and see if he composes himself next start

871368[/snapback]

no not a whole ten days of rest, more like have him rest an extra day, please we cant afford to have him gone for ten games.

871369[/snapback]

:mischief2

He's given up at least 7 runs in each of his last 3 starts, of course we can afford to have him gone for ten games.

I say we skip his next start. We have Beckett and Valdez back and we could always start Vargas or even bring up Olsen and give him a start.

He's an emotional guy, you can tell what Dontrelle you're getting by how much he bounces around between pitches. If he's going all over the place, it's going to be a long night, not to mention, he gets really excited pitching in California, and against the Cubs. The Phillie game worries me, but I expected as much from Dontrelle in his other two "shellings." He still hasn't grown up.

I believe his next start is against Pittsburgh at home, it's going to be a very important start, a great one and I think we can just attest his struggles to the "Dontrelle jitters," and with a bad one, I'm beyond worried...

Dontrelle is a pitcher that needs a lot of things to be right in order to be successful. Mechanics, control, ump calling boderline strikes, etc. One of those things go a little wrong, and Dontrelle is going to get shelled.

Hopefully he can get back on track soon, I expected a decline but not this decline.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.