Concern about Delgado?

Fishin2004

It doesn't seem like anyone in the organization has really displayed any concern about the seriousness of Delgado's elbow injury. it started out as a "day off" and then we've been given a series of "he should start tomorrow"s. Jack keeps acting like there's no rush to bring him back, as if these are not critical games. but these are critical games, and now he's missed 6 of them. The latest news is that he tried to take some swings yesterday and the elbow was still bothering him. Is anyone else getting nervous?

It doesn't seem like anyone in the organization has really displayed any concern about the seriousness of Delgado's elbow injury. it started out as a "day off" and then we've been given a series of "he should start tomorrow"s. Jack keeps acting like there's no rush to bring him back, as if these are not critical games. but these are critical games, and now he's missed 6 of them. The latest news is that he tried to take some swings yesterday and the elbow was still bothering him. Is anyone else getting nervous?

886990[/snapback]

not nervous cause were winning w/o him and that gives the team confidence. hell be back soon but a guy i am worried about is the guy in your avvy...willis

My concern this year is with management regarding injuries. I don't know if the team doctor is doing a poor job of evaluating injuries or if management is simply avoiding making roster moves. But injuries this year to Alex, Luis and now possibly Delgado could have been better served with a stint on the DL. When we had Easley at SS wouldn't it had been nice to have a rookie SS called up that could be used for defensive purporses? Or how about with Luis hurting and we didn't have a backup because Easley was at SS?

Now with Carlos our six days....if he returns this series, fine. But if not we sure could use an extra arm for the upcoming games especially since Vargas is starting a game.

I read on the Marlins MLB site that his elbow has been bothering him since spring training. That's probably why he's not hitting that many homeruns this season. I am also getting nervous because we need him at this time against the Cards if we don't get him back soon we maybe in trouble.

Delgado is a superstar and the Marlins just want to make sure he is 100% for the last stretch of the season. No sense in bringing him back when early and risking it even more, especially when we're winning.

We don't need to be worried at all unless we start seeing Dr. Andrews name mentioned in articles.

I dont remeber which annoncer said it but they said that there is no need to rush him back because of the way that they are still winning without him. Conine has been doing a great job as his replacement and I think they have only lost like 2 or 3 with Delgado out of the lineup, so I think as long as they keep winning then when he is ready to come back he is going to be a huge boost to the team.

It might be time to start getting a little concerned or at least consider DLing him just to be safe - he's won't come back until this weekend, at the earliest.

ST. LOUIS ? Marlins first baseman Carlos Delgado cut short a session in the batting cage Tuesday after feeling more discomfort in his sore left elbow and will not play until the weekend at the earliest.

Delgado, who said Monday he could play in an emergency, now is not sure when he'll be ready.

"It is sore,'' he said. "I was hoping I was feeling better. I guess it was wishful thinking. It's definitely better than it was on Saturday. Hopefully we're on the right track. I'd like to be in the fast lane. I guess I'm in the middle lane.''

Delgado, who has not played since last Wednesday, took eight to 10 swings before stopping.

"The discomfort was enough that I wasn't going to get better swinging,'' he said. "I'm going back to treatment to see how it feels.''

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...notes_0803.html

Next Tuesday will mark 14 days, the minimum length on the DL.

As I said in another thread, why not just DL him and use his roster spot to bring up someone who can help out two of our other ailing players, Castillo and Gonzalez?

If of course he's making progress and really will be playing over the weekend, then my observation is moot. But if on the otherhand he'll be out for awhile, do something now to get Looie ad Gonzo some much needed time off.

Something screwy. Particularly since it goes back to Spring Training.

Seems like time and Roster is being wasted, unnecessarily.

887149[/snapback]

if Delgado can play this weekend, and we somehow DL him today, he would still be out till mid next week

if he only needs 2 more days off we could be shooting ourselves in the foot

on the other hand, if he needs another 5-6 games off, then he needs to go on the DL

Something screwy.? Particularly since it goes back to Spring Training.

887149[/snapback]

if Delgado can play this weekend, and we somehow DL him today, he would still be out till mid next week

on the other hand, if he needs another 5-6 games off, then he needs to go on the DL

887154[/snapback]

I think they're holding out hope that he's ready for the Cincy series and Colorado series, where he becomes a difference maker in those ballparks.

887149[/snapback]

887154[/snapback]

I think they're holding out hope that he's ready for the Cincy series and Colorado series, where he becomes a difference maker in those ballparks.

887157[/snapback]

heh.... You become a difference maker in those smallparks

Something screwy.? Particularly since it goes back to Spring Training.

887149[/snapback]

887154[/snapback]

887157[/snapback]

887160[/snapback]

Yeah, well if the team with the last at bat has a decided advantage (as they do) you want to have your big guys available. Even if it's for three pinch hit appearances in close/late situations.

887149[/snapback]

887154[/snapback]

887157[/snapback]

887160[/snapback]

Yeah, well if the team with the last at bat has a decided advantage (as they do) you want to have your big guys available. Even if it's for three pinch hit appearances in close/late situations.

887161[/snapback]

i think carlos swinging the bat at 75% is better than having no carlos at all..

I think there should be a little bit of concern. But there's nothing you can do with day-to-day injuries except hope that he's ready for the next one.

887214[/snapback]

"Day to day?" How about weeks? "A little bit of concern?"

Get your head out of your... I mean out of the Florida sand.

And when he gets back in the line-up, I will be joyful... but wondering when this elbow problem (which started in Spring Training) will come back again.

It's not Delgado's fault. He's a warrior and a great Marlin.

But, don't tell me the problem is just going to go away.

Rooting that it does, but I'm not naive.

887149[/snapback]

887154[/snapback]

887157[/snapback]

887160[/snapback]

887161[/snapback]

i think carlos swinging the bat at 75% is better than having no carlos at all..

887210[/snapback]

Yeah but having him at 75% could be worse if he reinjure because of not being at 100%.

It could be different if Conine was playing bad or the club losing but neither is happening to bring Carlos back early.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.