September 12, 200521 yr I had the absolutely CRAZIEST night last night, there just are NO WORDS AT ALL to describe what happened and what I went through. I'm going to start from the beginning and explain everything in full detail, this post is almost a verbatim copy of the police report I filled out last night. Here we go... Last night at about 1:30 AM I was about to go to sleep. I went downstairs to kiss my dog and cat goodnight and to make my protein shake in the kitchen before I went to bed. My house has this huge window on the left side where the stairs are with a direct view of my neighbors house which is about 10 feet away next door. All the lights are off, i'm tired as hell and half asleep and i'm about to walk up the stairs when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this guy in a white t-shirt in his early 20's standing at my neighbors window with a video camera and a second guy in a white t-shirt josteling the window and he kept walking back and forth from the window to the back of my neighbors house. The guy at the window stayed there motionless with his video camera filming god-knows-what. I immediately ran to wake up my parents and I said "dad, I think someone is breaking into Suzy's house" and him and my mom were sleeping and had no idea what was going on and I don't even think what I said registered to them, they barely acknowledged me. I said i'm calling 911 right now and went to get the phone, 911 picks up and goes "911, what is your emergency?" and the first words out of my mouth was "My address is XXXXXXXXX and I live in the XXXXXXX subdivision" and I then said "The house directly to the LEFT or WEST of my house, there are two men outside of the side window on the side of the house trying to break in. He asked me for a description and I gave them one as best I could at 1:30am, white t-shirts, jeans, short hair, both white men. I then ran up into my room which is upstairs and overlooks the entire alley between my house and my neighbors house as well as our front street. The blinds were down and I was telling the 911 operator everything that was going on, he said he sent the police out and they'll be here within minutes. The entire time I was on the phone the one guy was still standing outside the window filming and the other guy kept walking back and forth between the side and backyard of my neighbors house. The cops STILL WEREN"T THERE after about 10 minutes which is absurd and there is no excuse for it, especially since I live in a small town with no other emergencies going on at all. Apparently the cops were in my subdivision but couldn't find the actual house, even though I gave the exact address and landmarks near the house to help them find it. A few minutes later both of the men left where they were on the side of the house and started walking across the street where the median in the road was, apparently they had a car parked across the street and down the road a little bit. As soon as they started walking across the street I immediatley told the 911 operation that they're now IN THE STREET AS IM SAYING THESE WORDS TO YOU and then I heard the 911 operator typing fast, I guess he was typing to the laptop in the cop cars or something informing them. About 30 seconds later like 6 cop cars show up out of nowhere and all these cops get out of their cars with their guns drawn yelling "HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD, ON THE GROUND NOW, GET ON THE GROUND" and ALL of them were yelling, it was so loud everyone in the neighborhood could hear it. There was even a K9 cop barking as this was going on. It was EXACTLY like a hollywood movie, all the takedowns and things you see in the movies is exactly what happened. When the 2 guys dropped to the ground all of the cops swarmed them and cuffed them, once both of them were secured about half the cops stayed there while the other cops came to MY house, we saw them coming from my window so we went outside before they could even ring the doorbell... and get this, THEY STILL DIDNT KNOW WHAT HOUSE IT WAS!!!!! I told them it's the one next door, right there right there right there I must have said it a thousand times in this "yell whisper" kind of voice and I said it's the side window. They all go to the side window and this is where the situation turned ugly. We went back in our house and up to my room and watched the whole thing. The K9 cop got out in front going up and down the alley and then came to the window scratching and barking at it really aggressively, so obviously someone was inside. All the cops start yelling at this guy in the window "GET OUT NOW, DONT MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS" etc etc etc and when the guy finally got close enough to the window all the cops rushed it and dragged him out. Well get this, that window was where the bed room of a 16 year old girl was. The cops also knew someone else was in there (it was the 16 year old girl) and they dragged her out to because they couldn't take any chances and had no idea what was going on. The girl was sobbing and screaming "I LIVE HERE!!!!!" We had no idea there was even a 3rd guy in there until the cops pulled him out of the window. The guy inside the room, the 2 other guys who I originally called the police about, and the girl were all taken to seperate police cars. The girls mother runs out hysterical crying not knowing what is going on. The cops got the video camera and watched the tape back, I didn't find out what they were actually seeing on that tape until today. For the next hour or so, all the cops were just going around talking to everyone (including me) taking statements and whatnot. Then finally the police cars with the guys in them drive off while 2 or 3 cops go with the girl and her mother back in her house and a few other cops are standing outside of the car that these guys parked across the street down a little bit. They were standing outside the car for like 45 minutes until they finally started searching the car, I guess they had to wait to get a search warrant or something like that at 3am by a judge or something, I don't know. Well they started taking these plastic zip lock bags from the trunk of that car to the trunk of one of the police cars, I have no idea what was inside of them, i'm guessing drugs or something but I don't know. Well about 15 minutes after they finish searching it, a tow truck comes and takes it away and those cops leave. Few minutes later the girl and her mother come back outside and gets into the car with the other 2 cops and drives off. Everyone is gone and the whole thing is over. It wasn't until today when we actually found out what was going on. The mother of the 16 year old girl and came over to our house today with flowers thanking me and she told us that the guy inside the house was just beginning to rape her daughter and ALL OF IT was on the tape of the guy filming outside. She said that the cops found even more tapes in the guys car and there is something like 300 total hours of footage on these tapes (i think she was exaggerating with the 300 hours) and that there are at least 5 other people that they've successfully done this to and it was all caught on these tapes, so I guess that's what was in the bags the cops were taking out of the cars trunk last night. She kept thanking me over and over again and was so appreciative of what I did and because of me these scumbags were finally caught and will be in prison for many years. What I don't understand is how they knew the exact location of this girls window and everything, it just doesn't add up, these guys may have known their victims or something, I don't know, but I think there is more to what happened than what we've been told. My only regret is that my family doesn't own a firearm because my parents are paranoid about them. What happened last night should be a wake up call to everyone. It took the police damn near 15 MINUTES to arrive because they couldn't find the house, you absolutely 100% cannot rely on the police for your personal safety and security and this is a perfect example of it. The time it took them to respond was absurd, ridiculous, and every other word in the book and it was inexcusable. I have the WPTV 11 o'clock news set to be tivo'd tonight and if I find any articles about what happened I will definitely be posting them in this thread. I'm going to be buying every local newspaper available over the next week and if I find any articles i'll scan them. 3 serial rapists are now off the streets because of me and there aren't any words to describe how good I feel right now. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time, if I hadn't glanced out the corner of my eye when I was walking up the stairs and just went to bed, they would have gotten away with it and gone out and did it again to someone else.
September 12, 200521 yr That is so awesome of you!! Wow, you rule! Thank you for getting these morons off the streets.
September 12, 200521 yr wow all i can say is your one heck of a neighbor and a good samaritan. I just feel bad for that girl.
September 12, 200521 yr So was your neighbor actually raped? Good work, but the whole sequence of events just seems kind of off, and you'd think the girl would be more shaken up if there was a guy in her room about to rape her.
September 12, 200521 yr :notworthy You are awesome.. Accord You have a protein shake before you go to bed :lol
September 12, 200521 yr Author So was your neighbor actually raped? Good work, but the whole sequence of events just seems kind of off, and you'd think the girl would be more shaken up if there was a guy in her room about to rape her. 941455[/snapback] I'm really not sure if she was actually raped or not, but I do know that she went to the hospital so I would assume something must have happened. We had no idea that her room was there on the side of the house or that there was even a 3rd guy in the room until the K9 cop found him, we just thought it was the 2 guys outside.
September 12, 200521 yr So was your neighbor actually raped? Good work, but the whole sequence of events just seems kind of off, and you'd think the girl would be more shaken up if there was a guy in her room about to rape her. 941455[/snapback] I'm really not sure if she was actually raped or not, but I do know that she went to the hospital so I would assume something must have happened. We had no idea that her room was there on the side of the house or that there was even a 3rd guy in the room until the K9 cop found him, we just thought it was the 2 guys outside. 941465[/snapback] Did the cops find out how the 3rd guy got in the house? He had to be pretty sneeky. Usually people have alarm systems or something like that.
September 12, 200521 yr Great job Accord....keep us updated on how long these guys end up in jail, hopefully it's a very long time.....these guys don't even deserve to live.
September 12, 200521 yr Author So was your neighbor actually raped? Good work, but the whole sequence of events just seems kind of off, and you'd think the girl would be more shaken up if there was a guy in her room about to rape her. 941455[/snapback] I'm really not sure if she was actually raped or not, but I do know that she went to the hospital so I would assume something must have happened. We had no idea that her room was there on the side of the house or that there was even a 3rd guy in the room until the K9 cop found him, we just thought it was the 2 guys outside. 941465[/snapback] Did the cops find out how the 3rd guy got in the house? He had to be pretty sneeky. Usually people have alarm systems or something like that. 941468[/snapback] Aside what I actually witnessed, the onlh other info I have is what her mother who came over today told me, so i'm not sure. I do know they have an alarm system though, obviously it didn't do much good.
September 12, 200521 yr Nice work man, hope those guys get sent away for a long time and that your neighbor is ok.
September 12, 200521 yr that's really scary... how they knew their victims, how they got inside the house... Accord you are the man! *kisses kitten and dog*
September 12, 200521 yr Obviously, the girl was going to have consensual sex with the guy in the room...but once they were there, I'm sure it turned into something more than she bargained for... That is how they knew where the window was. Anyway, you have done a good deed, Accord. My thanks to you (could happen to anyone's daughter, sister or girlfriend).
September 12, 200521 yr Obviously, the girl was going to have consensual sex with the guy in the room...but once they were there, I'm sure it turned into something more than she bargained for... That is how they knew where the window was. Anyway, you have done a good deed, Accord. My thanks to you (could happen to anyone's daughter, sister or girlfriend). 941479[/snapback] Thats a possibility, but I dont think you should just assume that as fact, so its not obvious that is what went on.
September 12, 200521 yr damn what a coincidence, good that these fickin rapist are out of the streets. the bad news is that now those rapist know were your house is :o
September 12, 200521 yr Obviously, the girl was going to have consensual sex with the guy in the room...but once they were there, I'm sure it turned into something more than she bargained for... That is how they knew where the window was. Anyway, you have done a good deed, Accord. My thanks to you (could happen to anyone's daughter, sister or girlfriend). That's what it seems like. My question is, how is a girl going to allow a strange man to come into her room with her mom in the same house and be raped? Drugs have to be considered, or the scenario you presented. Accord, the reason she went to the hospital was for a rape kit, it's standard practice. Either way, good job busting them up.
September 12, 200521 yr Obviously, the girl was going to have consensual sex with the guy in the room...but once they were there, I'm sure it turned into something more than she bargained for... That is how they knew where the window was. Anyway, you have done a good deed, Accord. My thanks to you (could happen to anyone's daughter, sister or girlfriend). That's what it seems like. My question is, how is a girl going to allow a strange man to come into her room with her mom in the same house and be raped? Drugs have to be considered, or the scenario you presented. Accord, the reason she went to the hospital was for a rape kit, it's standard practice. Either way, good job busting them up. 941505[/snapback] I have a few ideas about the scenario, but I will not say any of them. I don't know the girl, and I'd be foolish to throw out negative assumptions.
September 12, 200521 yr My only question is why anyone would drink a protein shake BEFORE going to bed ??? Just kidding... Good job man ! :thumbup
September 12, 200521 yr someone should make you honorary mod for a week or somthing. coughAdmin 941600[/snapback] Make sure we tell the media. "Accord, who reported the incident to 911, was made an honorary moderator for one week at marlinsbaseball.com." Free pub.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.