Marlins Call 2 p.m. Press Conference....

MrAndMrsFish

The Marlins called a news conference for Tuesday afternoon, but said the subject would be the team's pursuit of a new stadium, and general manager Admin Beinfest would not be available.

Source: AP

Insiders say the Marlins are going to threaten to leave if a new stadium is not built...should be intresting to see what is said at the presser

Insiders say the Marlins are going to threaten to leave if a new stadium is not built...

Is that really any different from the past though? Past owners have threatened to leave before too. Even this group has alluded to the possibility for years, an outright threat isn't going to help matters. It's probably Samson's stupid idea.

Wouldn't it be something if they called it to publicly announce that Delgado was not going to be traded?

That B4Prz, would be the ultimate shocker. Especially as fans have been clamoring for the FO to say something public on the Delgado issue for weeks now and all they got in return was dead silence.

FWIW, the FO probably would do that on purpose as an appeasement to the post Beckett/Lowell trade fallout to keep the sports fan like me to give them a share of my sports entertainment dollar in 2006. Wouldn't put it past them...

As much as I love the Marlins it is not fair of them to be asking for any more government money for a new stadium (unless they push that hurricane shelter idea I suppose). I love the Marlins as a team but if this is about threatining a move for more stadium funding I'm starting to like the Marlins as an organization less and less.

As much as I love the Marlins it is not fair of them to be asking for any more government money for a new stadium (unless they push that hurricane shelter idea I suppose). I love the Marlins as a team but if this is about threatining a move for more stadium funding I'm starting to like the Marlins as an organization less and less.

especially on top of Hurricane Wilma, I can;t see them publicly issuing ultimatums, thats not the way to go.

If it is true that they are threatening to leave...

As if it couldn't get any worse.... I'm at a loss for words right now. MLB will pretty much be dead for me if they leave.

I totally agree with you.

The Marlins called a news conference for Tuesday afternoon, but said the subject would be the team's pursuit of a new stadium, and general manager Admin Beinfest would not be available.

Source: AP

Insiders say the Marlins are going to threaten to leave if a new stadium is not built...should be intresting to see what is said at the presser

IT'S ABOUT TIME.