Our future centerfielder?

Guest Fritz

I'm just curious what happened to our first roider, Alex "Dirty" Sanchez? He was with the DRays, put up some decent offensive numbers, got DFA'd and was never heard from again. I imagine his salary would be low and a trade wouldn't really cost much more than a PTBNL. Why haven't we considered him?

Sanchez sucks.. but I'd rather have Sanchez and Olsen than Gathright and no Olsen.

Exactly my point.

He sucks on defense and doesn't walk, but I'd rather keep Olsen.

I'm just curious what happened to our first roider, Alex "Dirty" Sanchez? He was with the DRays, put up some decent offensive numbers, got DFA'd and was never heard from again. I imagine his salary would be low and a trade wouldn't really cost much more than a PTBNL. Why haven't we considered him?

He signed with the Giants, played a month or so, got injured, came off the DL and the Giants DFA'd him in the middle of August.

Sanchez sucks.. but I'd rather have Sanchez and Olsen than Gathright and no Olsen.

Exactly my point.

No way.. Sanchez played for the Giants a bit last season. He is horrible. He can bunt with the best of them, but he has to be the worst defensive outfielder in professional baseball. You can probably take a drive down to your closest park and pick out any softball player to play CF for the Marlins, and he'll give you the same defense Sanchez will.

If it were between keeping Olsen and having Sanchez vs having Gathright and giving away Olsen, I'll help Olsen pack his bags.

Exactly my point.

No way.. Sanchez played for the Giants a bit last season. He is horrible. He can bunt with the best of them, but he has to be the worst defensive outfielder in professional baseball. You can probably take a drive down to your closest park and pick out any softball player to play CF for the Marlins, and he'll give you the same defense Sanchez will.

If it were between keeping Olsen and having Sanchez vs having Gathright and giving away Olsen, I'll help Olsen pack his bags.

I think you're missing the point.. we all know Sanchez is terrible. The point is, atleast to me, that I'd rather stick any random pudwhack in CF than get raped in a trade.

Where's Chuck Carr?

:notworthy

Hanging with Alice Cooper and Patt Rapp in Milwaukee

Wayne Campbell: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?

Alice Cooper: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Pete: Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Alice Cooper: Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Wayne Campbell: I was not aware of that.

Chuck Carr: Good going Wayne! Awesome! Party on Alice!

Patt Rapp: Excellent!

Alice Cooper: Party on guys!

Hell, there are many ways to go if you want something cheap. Here's some more:

Darrell Whitmore

Nigel Wilson

Matias Carrillo

Bruce Aven

John Cangelosi

Jim Eisenreich

Henry Rodriguez

Andre Dawson (he's already on the payroll)

Tim Raines, Sr.

Junior Felix (yes, I said it...I'm sure that he can get another birth certificate that says that he's 25 years old again...I think that I saw him playing in U18 at Tamiami or 1 of those Hialeah leagues...They accepted his birth certificate, why can't MLB?)

I think that I got everyone.