Anyone else wishing we had an extra bat on the bench?

Ramp

After Helms, our bench couldnt hit a homerun in a little league park(barring a Chris Aguila luck-shot)

Id love to have a guy like Jason Stokes on the bench... obviously he needs more time, but another bat would be great to have

at this point I would rather see Mitre, Vargas, and Willis up there instead of Reed and Alfredo

Guest Juanky

I agree 100%.....but we don't have many bench options down on the farm really.

In all seriousness, Vargas really should be the #1 lefty bat off the bench in games he doesn't pitch. He DHed in college, he has a pretty swing, and he's certainly more ready batwise than Reed and Amezaga (both of which may never be 'ready'). Plus, he has more power than both of them :lol

I agree 100%.....but we don't have many bench options down on the farm really.

In all seriousness, Vargas really should be the #1 lefty bat off the bench in games he doesn't pitch. He DHed in college, he has a pretty swing, and he's certainly more ready batwise than Reed and Amezaga (both of which may never be 'ready'). Plus, he has more power than both of them :lol

Vargas was the best hitter on a team that made it all the way to the super regionals in his last year. He wasn't the best pitcher on that team though. (They had a guy named Jered Weaver)

After Helms, our bench couldnt hit a homerun in a little league park(barring a Chris Aguila luck-shot)

Id love to have a guy like Jason Stokes on the bench... obviously he needs more time, but another bat would be great to have

at this point I would rather see Mitre, Vargas, and Willis up there instead of Reed and Alfredo

Amen...to that.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Also felt Helms was used too early. We need to hold him until much later in the game - for a more meaningful AB. I would have rather seen Treanor get the AB over Amezega.

As for Stokes...he hit a grand slam in the 'Topes exhibition game yesterday. We could really use some of that "light tower power."

:thumbup

If we're going to let L.T. Stokes play LF down there, then he should do that. Otherwise, bring him up.

ya let him learn left, if he plays any first then its useless given the awesome state of our bench.

for those wondering, here are Vargas' college numbers

damn.

he sucked in carolina.

:lol

we might have the best hitting pitchers in the league. i can't think of another team with three pitchers that are legit hitters. over the course of the year that should boost the team's production. almost like having a (somewhat weak hitting) DH three out of every five games.

Vargas has a sweet swing but i think train is a better hitter than the crow.

id love to see stokes play left.

i want this line up so bad:

ss shadez

rf hermy

3rd cabs

C teh hammah(willy)

1st jacobs

lf stokes

cf kool-aid (abercrombie)

2nd uggla

p willis

imo the line up has the most potential

Bring up stokes and send down the HUMAN TOOTHPICK (reed)

on another thought if we dont bring up stokes i say keep olivo behind the plate and j wil in left because the man can flat out rake...and if he doesnt catch then his legs will stay fresh. With no stokes we dont have a leftfielder besides willingham. if willy catches he is worse defensivelly than olivo and willy will get tired down the road and nobody else can play left.

Im hoping that Abercrombie gets to hang out in CF for a while and we could send Reed down and maybe bring up Cepicky ... he has a bit of speed (not more than reed of course) but he has a bit more power and could cover more positions than Reed. Also Aguila can spot start for Abercrombie/Willingham if needed. Reed is simply with the club just in case Abercrombie can't pull it off

not that Cepicky is the answer but I would feel more comfortable with him instead of the misfit bunch in the bench